IGNORED

U23’s Final - Tuesday 17th May @7pm - Ashton Gate - Free Entry For Season Ticket Holders ?

Lrrr

Good game, Coventry just more clinical with the few chances they got.

One moan though... for the last 10 minutes, Zack Bell was crippled with cramp. Unlike Coventry, No one on our bench had packed any gels or salts, which Conway was screaming to give him. Ffs amateur hour.

• Admin
1 minute ago, cityexile said:

In a final…good season from them.

Losing finalists two years on the trot 

Lots of credit for that, only lost due to a shocking start and horrible deflection 

Bossed the game for most of the rest 

Rose looked and played like a young Korey Smith before running out of steam, we had a 16 year old sub

Front two up top have a great understanding together and will cause better teams problems 

Same with Edwards on the left, beat his defender for fun until before being moved inside 

One thing I didn't understand, Zak Bell has a long throw in him but we only used it once, even when chasing the game 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Losing finalists two years on the trot 

Lots of credit for that, only lost due to a shocking start and horrible deflection 

Bossed the game for most of the rest 

Rose looked and played like a young Korey Smith before running out of steam, we had a 16 year old sub

Front two up top have a great understanding together and will cause better teams problems 

Same with Edwards on the left, beat his defender for fun until before being moved inside 

One thing I didn't understand, Zak Bell has a long throw in him but we only used it once, even when chasing the game 

Losing semi finalist last season - still very good achievement to win the league and make it though

Not the biggest side on the pitch, Coventry looked bigger so all you're gambling on is second balls coming down as we were unlikely to win 1st contacts.

• Robin 1

43 minutes ago, TomF said:

People on social media using the result to bash the club. Really do wonder if some of our fans get enjoyment from defeats 

Weird.

We played very well after a terrible start & there is plenty to be enthusiastic about watching a lot of these lads.

Actually thought we were the better side when we got back to 2-2 & looked the more likely winners.

• Like 9

Yes. Disappointing for everyone.

However the blond boy Backwell (correct me if I’m wrong about his name) was excellent when he got on. Reminded me of Barry Bannan (:laugh:) 

There were a few eye catchers. The lad playing right full back/wing back ran and ran but hardly got a decent ball in to him. 

A ridiculously sluggish start was annoying. The Portuguese kid made our backline look like they were carrying rocks in the first ten. 

Still plenty to be upbeat about, particularly one or two who really haven’t had much attention! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Weird.

We played very well after a terrible start & there is plenty to be enthusiastic about watching a lot of these lads.

Actually thought we were the better side when we got back to 2-2 & looked the more likely winners.

99% of them don't actually watch the games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes. Disappointing for everyone.

However the blond boy Backwell (correct me if I’m wrong about his name) was excellent when he got on. Reminded me of Barry Bannan (:laugh:) 

There were a few eye catchers. The lad playing right full back/wing back ran and ran but hardly got a decent ball in to him. 

A ridiculously sluggish start was annoying. The Portuguese kid made our backline look like they were carrying rocks in the first ten. 

Still plenty to be upbeat about, particularly one or two who really haven’t had much attention! 

Blackwell was very good, as was Thomas when he came on (#17). Towler was also reasonable, just a shame he kept passing to the right wing when Edwards was in acres of space on the left.

Nice to see Mickey Bell sat a couple of rows in front of me as well.

• Like 1

Decent game. Thought Coventrys 4141 made it difficult for us to find space and break the lines. Looked better balanced with Wood on the left hand side and losing him to injury was a loss.

Thought Rose stood out for us (is he only 16?) and Edwards was a threat but final ball not quite right on the night but great movement for his goal.

Considering Kadjis age I thought he was pretty impressive in front of the back four. 

Thought Coventrys keeper was decent and a unit compared to Buse. Entertaining game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beni71 said:

Decent game. Thought Coventrys 4141 made it difficult for us to find space and break the lines. Looked better balanced with Wood on the left hand side and losing him to injury was a loss.

Thought Rose stood out for us (is he only 16?) and Edwards was a threat but final ball not quite right on the night but great movement for his goal.

Considering Kadjis age I thought he was pretty impressive in front of the back four. 

Thought Coventrys keeper was decent and a unit compared to Buse. Entertaining game.

I thought Kadji was poor, coasted, doesn’t track men or check his shoulders.  Really disappointed by him.  I spent most of my time watching him and Zac Bell who impressed again.

First time I’ve seen Rose, did well.

Wood got exposed quite a few times, but less so when he swapped with Taylor, who gave the best performance I’ve seen from him.

Conway was excellent.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought Kadji was poor, coasted, doesn’t track men or check his shoulders.  Really disappointed by him.  I spent most of my time watching him and Zac Bell who impressed again.

Wood got exposed quite a few times, but less so when he swapped with Taylor, who gave the best performance I’ve seen from him.

Conway was excellent.

Yep agree on Taylor was consistent and strong throughout.

Interesting on Zac Bell, thought he had a poor start but defo grew into the game  and offensively a real threat. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Conway was excellent.

In fairness Kadji was a doubt before the game.  Every time I see Zac Bell I come away impressed and Rose is going to be very good.  Taylor was superb centrally so agree again.

Conway was superb as was The other Tommy when he came on. 

eas 

• Like 1

Conway and Towler were excellent for me. Some lovely skills on show from 17 year old Marley Rose. Dylan Kadji had one of his poorest games and Josh Owers couldn't influence as he normally does. All in all a, decent game with good goals from Edwards and Conway. Just a pity that the Coventry winner was a scruffy affair, mishit shot that deflected off another Coventry player to wrong foot Buse. By contrast the Coventry keeper had luck on his side several times, as, he flapped at crosses only for the ball to fall back in his arms. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

In fairness Kadji was a doubt before the game.  Every time I see Zac Bell I come away impressed and Rose is going to be very good.  Taylor was superb centrally so agree again.

Conway was superb as was The other Tommy when he came on. 

eas 

I’m a big “down” on Kadji, he comes with a lot of hype, but I’ve not really seen it other than a good hour v Fleetwood in last years FAYC.  But sometimes I accept it’s possible to have a blindspot on a particular player.  Got plenty of time on his side.

Thought Backwell made a good impact, played some nice passes.

9 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I’d like to clarify this wasn’t me

?

You must have had a paper round on Constitution Hill if you think you are 18!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m a big “down” on Kadji, he comes with a lot of hype, but I’ve not really seen it other than a good hour v Fleetwood in last years FAYC.  But sometimes I accept it’s possible to have a blindspot on a particular player.  Got plenty of time on his side.

Thought Backwell made a good impact, played some nice passes.

You must have had a paper round on Constitution Hill if you think you are 18!!!

First 10 minutes I thought this is the guy to watch.... then became a bit Bakinson.... not using his physicality in the way someone like Vierra could. Really wanted him to stand out, but for me that award went to Conway, Rose, Tyler and Bell (at the end)

• Like 1

My first live watch of the U23s, I enjoyed the evening. Albeit I feel a little underwhelmed about some of the quality.

Conway stood out like a sore thumb, he was excellent. Towler was more physical than others. Not much else to write home about. Our right back showed some moments of promise offensively. 

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but a little bit more, I guess. Oh the number 3 was impressive, worked hard and was consistent in what I assume wasn't his natural position at CB, once moved? 

• Like 1