IGNORED

U23’s Final - Tuesday 17th May @7pm - Ashton Gate - Free Entry For Season Ticket Holders ?

Lrrr

10 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

You still have to apply for it after proving you can meet the criteria. Cat 1 was supposed to be gold standard, the criteria is going to be upped to boot some teams back to cat 2 as well 

I accept you have to apply for it but given our current finances I can't see us sending in the forms at the moment. 

31 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I accept you have to apply for it but given our current finances I can't see us sending in the forms at the moment. 

The costs don’t get included in FFP, so as long as your owner is prepared to meet those costs there is no issue FFP-wise.  Ignoring the costs, I only see upside….but I’m not well versed in the real detail.

I’ve opened the can of worms @Lrrr and @billywedlock, sorry!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The costs don’t get included in FFP, so as long as your owner is prepared to meet those costs there is no issue FFP-wise.  Ignoring the costs, I only see upside….but I’m not well versed in the real detail.

I’ve opened the can of worms @Lrrr and @billywedlock, sorry!!!

Not sure we’d want to go for whatever criteria they up it to anyway, as far as I know Birmingham are coming straight back down to cat 2, Reading probably and perhaps the likes of Stoke and Derby too, as said they apparently want less cat 1 teams 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Not sure we’d want to go for whatever criteria they up it to anyway, as far as I know Birmingham are coming straight back down to cat 2, Reading probably and perhaps the likes of Stoke and Derby too, as said they apparently want less cat 1 teams 

Cynical perhaps but they probably don't want anyone in Cat 1 outside of the Premier League. 

38 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Cynical perhaps but they probably don't want anyone in Cat 1 outside of the Premier League. 

I think Blackburn and Leeds would be fine, they’re div 1 and competing, I think it’s the hangers on at the bottom of div two who seem to do it to play the big teams/boost their rep for youngsters coming in 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I think Blackburn and Leeds would be fine, they’re div 1 and competing, I think it’s the hangers on at the bottom of div two who seem to do it to play the big teams/boost their rep for youngsters coming in 

I think Leeds would argue they're not Championship yet (even if they're destined to be) 

Think Swansea were another who went down to Category 2 in the last couple of years.

Anyway promotion aside, well done to the side. IF we can get Category 1 I say go for it but sounds like there are a few hurdles to jump through. We have already produced players both with a good impact on the pitch and subsequently off it (the fees for academy products). Seems a pretty good idea if possible IMO.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think Swansea were another who went down to Category 2 in the last couple of years.

Anyway promotion aside, well done to the side. IF we can get Category 1 I say go for it but sounds like there are a few hurdles to jump through. We have already produced players both with a good impact on the pitch and subsequently off it (the fees for academy products). Seems a pretty good idea if possible IMO.

Swansea was a case of their new owners wanting to claw back money wherever they could

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

There are requirements on top annual financial commitments. If I remember correctly one of them is to have a full size in door pitch, not sure why, but hey-ho!

There is, I believe, a full size playing area indoors at the Bristol Bears training ground about half a mile from ours. I also remember that there is a pool there for water recoveries from injury. All owned by one person, SL so free to use by City, just as our facilities are free to Bears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

There is, I believe, a full size playing area indoors at the Bristol Bears training ground about half a mile from ours. I also remember that there is a pool there for water recoveries from injury. All owned by one person, SL so free to use by City, just as our facilities are free to Bears.

There is and I believe the Management were under the impression that having that access was sufficient to get Cat 1, but the FA want it to be exclusively ours which is ridiculous really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

There is and I believe the Management were under the impression that having that access was sufficient to get Cat 1, but the FA want it to be exclusively ours which is ridiculous really.

The Bears' indoor pitch is not full sized.

Screenshot_20220510-183407-940.png

• Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Final is next Tuesday at 7pm at AG. Free entry to ST holders

Bloody typical. I'm not big on going out, so when I arranged a meal at The Ashton for next Tuedsay evening a little earlier, I didn't think I'd end up double booked. Oh well, I'll see if things can be rearranged for the day after, but if not I guess I'll try to rearrange the meal out instead.

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to U23’s Final - Tuesday 17th May @7pm - Ashton Gate - Free Entry For Season Ticket Holders 🎫