IGNORED

Colin Murray and Quest

They got the blend absolutely spot on with Quest. Knowledgeable and likeable host, plus a good mix of ex players plus Maxwell & Elek. 
Hopefully all of them head to the new show. Otherwise they’ll have to go some to better it. 

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. The thing with Colin Murray is that he obviously loves the game and genuinely gets that the majority of people who watch the EFL highlights aren't just interested in the "big" teams. 

Yes, he knows his stuff, I was quite surprised that Andy Goldstein seems quite clued up on the lower leagues too. 

Knows his stuff, loves his job, and is very knowledgeable. Above all else, does a good job and is extremely likeable.

They'd be stupid to not offer him the job, because the format works, and he knows what is needed to make it work.

The last time ITV had EFL (or equivalent highlights) they left a lot to be desired. 

If it's not broke......

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

https://www.football365.com/news/farewell-quest-treated-efl-just-right-respect-colin-murray-john-nicholson

Nice little story on Colin Murray’s EFL programme on Quest, and the move to EFL highlights on itv4 next season.

I think Colin has done a great job, he really shows that he gives a sh*t about the lower leagues, does his homework, and I always get the impression if you met him and said who you supported, he would know what’s going on with your team.  Hope he moves to ITV4 with the show!

What a great shame. Somebody who knew what he was talking about on the lower leagues. A real pleasure to listen to. How much better than the Sky team when , for example, Tim Sherwood  was saying on Saturday how Kiefer Moore scored a few goals while playing for Swansea. They simply don't believe football exists outside the Premiership.

• Like 2

Always enjoyed Colin “Average Show” Murray on Talksport who left them out of principle.

He has good guests too, both the pros like Sam Parkin, and also opened up to NTT20’s George and Ali.  A bold move, and a pair who I think are actually better on TV than their podcast.

Hoping the standards are kept.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Agree, he’s a good broadcaster. Doesn’t seem very ITV to me (unfortunately). 
isn’t he expected to be the next Countdown host? That and 3 nights a week on Radio 5 might rule him out anyway. 

Temporary i think. Reckon he will be great.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Temporary i think. Reckon he will be great.

He has done it temporarily before and was excellent, he loves the show and it seemed to have a bit more life about it while he was in charge. (Maybe a bit too much for the older part of their audience?)

• Like 1

On 09/05/2022 at 13:57, Tinmans Love Child said:

https://www.football365.com/news/farewell-quest-treated-efl-just-right-respect-colin-murray-john-nicholson

Nice little story on Colin Murray’s EFL programme on Quest, and the move to EFL highlights on itv4 next season.

I think Colin has done a great job, he really shows that he gives a sh*t about the lower leagues, does his homework, and I always get the impression if you met him and said who you supported, he would know what’s going on with your team.  Hope he moves to ITV4 with the show!

He came down last season or the season before with Ali Maxwell & Gary Rowett to the Gate and did a programme from there. Came into the media room and walked over for a chat with me (I've not met the guy before by the way!). Asked me who I was working for, who I supported etc and then chatted for 10-15 minutes about my team knowing a lot about them for someone with absolutely no connection to them.

So in answer to your comments, yes he would. 

• Flames 1

On 09/05/2022 at 14:28, In the Net said:

Yes, he knows his stuff, I was quite surprised that Andy Goldstein seems quite clued up on the lower leagues too. 

Despite his bluster and banter you do get the impression he is a real football fan that does extend beyond just supportIng Man U