IGNORED

Conservatories

Taz

Random question, has anybody recently had one fitted? Current place is in a great location (although it is in Essex) but isn't huge, and is being over ran by toys!!!

A conservatory would create enough room for what we need - 8' x 10' or something similar, and would be a lot less hassle than moving. 

Does anyone have a rough idea of cost (if you've had one fitted recently)? Reluctant to contact a company until we're sure it's something we want to go ahead with as I can't be doing with the constant barrage of sales calls.

22 hours ago, Taz said:

Random question, has anybody recently had one fitted? Current place is in a great location (although it is in Essex) but isn't huge, and is being over ran by toys!!!

A conservatory would create enough room for what we need - 8' x 10' or something similar, and would be a lot less hassle than moving. 

Does anyone have a rough idea of cost (if you've had one fitted recently)? Reluctant to contact a company until we're sure it's something we want to go ahead with as I can't be doing with the constant barrage of sales calls.

Most people I know that have then moan that they're too hot in summer & too cold/expensive to heat in the winter. If you can afford it, an extension is a much better shout. 

21 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Most people I know that have then moan that they're too hot in summer & too cold/expensive to heat in the winter. If you can afford it, an extension is a much better shout. 

Agree 100% with this. I love my conservatory, but only in spring/Autumn. Bloody freezing in winter and in summer its ridiculous. Plus they are graveyards for insects, and the bi-annual job of cleaning up dead flies/spiders etc is gruesome. If you do go for it, keep existing french doors so you can close the rest of the house from the conservatory. Otherwise all the heat just goes out through the roof.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1