IGNORED

Alternative Championship Table - Squad Market Value

Davefevs

Been a lot in the media recently re Luton’s £1.5m value squad versus the likes of Fulham, Bournemouth, etc. that was based on fees paid, notwithstanding some undisclosed stuff.

Here is Transfermarkt’s market value, which is open to scrutiny, but it also includes loan players too.

It still shows Luton seriously punching above their weight, but I was surprised by Millwall.

58846076-7B8B-481D-B6F3-91EC2F0770FE.thumb.jpeg.1889e729b0d5fd23774519b59fd1dae0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

The problem with transfermarkt valuations

Vyner - £2m

Scott - £270,000

Semenyo - £1.1m 

Yeah, as I said, needs a lot of scrutiny!

Supposedly they have a forum of people that doing the valuations. 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

What are the headings on the last two columns? 

Average market value

Total market value, 

What a classic this is.

Out performed yourself with this nonsense.

Obviously you were pushing it as it shows us somewhere near our final league positions but as with all of your spreadsheets upon further detailed inspection they are full of bias to suit your agenda.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Waconda said:

What a classic this is.

Out performed yourself with this nonsense.

Obviously you were pushing it as it shows us somewhere near our final league positions but as with all of your spreadsheets upon further detailed inspection they are full of bias to suit your agenda.

Your personal vendetta is weird. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 5

Famously Derby used it as part of the basis for the defence when it came to the case regarding residual values! That went well...

I've never really paid much attention to the valuations on there in the main. Fees yes albeit not always or as gospel, contract lengths and expiry yeah decent if not infallible but valuations...how do you independently value a player? With great difficulty I expect!

That said maybe there is a way but I think players are very difficult all told.

Unless I'm getting it wrong and it is an aggregation of straight line amortisation...or an aggregation of the total fees paid. Independent estimation of player valuation beyond what's in the Balance Sheet though- interesting experiment but seems very difficult indeed.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Been a lot in the media recently re Luton’s £1.5m value squad versus the likes of Fulham, Bournemouth, etc. that was based on fees paid, notwithstanding some undisclosed stuff.

Here is Transfermarkt’s market value, which is open to scrutiny, but it also includes loan players too.

It still shows Luton seriously punching above their weight, but I was surprised by Millwall.

58846076-7B8B-481D-B6F3-91EC2F0770FE.thumb.jpeg.1889e729b0d5fd23774519b59fd1dae0.jpeg

The values used here are nonsense. Negates the whole debate.

edit: I think I've come in late and missed the drama on this one....

Edited by DaveF

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.png.a0c64829a668eedb892d796e39e6b200.png

Thanks @RebounderI can’t see what he posts.  The bizarre thing is that I actually offered no opinion on Bristol City.  He seems to be still be very obsessed with my posts by the looks of it. GEM.

Well at least it gave me a chuckle. ???

Can’t see them either. What’s that all about?

Ah well.

11 hours ago, DaveF said:

The values used here are nonsense. Negates the whole debate.

edit: I think I've come in late and missed the drama on this one....

Yes but the point was to put out a spreadsheet showing us in roughly the same position as we actually finished, regardless of whether the information it was based on was correct or not.

Hence my scepticism of this particular spreadsheet and to be fair any produced by this particular poster. 

40 minutes ago, Waconda said:

Yes but the point was to put out a spreadsheet showing us in roughly the same position as we actually finished, regardless of whether the information it was based on was correct or not.

Hence my scepticism of this particular spreadsheet and to be fair any produced by this particular poster. 

Looks like all the posts were deleted?

42 minutes ago, Waconda said:

Figures that someone who doesn't know what a spreadsheet is is also pretty much clueless about statistics and their use in general!

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.png.a0c64829a668eedb892d796e39e6b200.png

Thanks @RebounderI can’t see what he posts.  The bizarre thing is that I actually offered no opinion on Bristol City.  He seems to be still be very obsessed with my posts by the looks of it. GEM.

Well at least it gave me a chuckle. ???

Please Remember when completing your spreadsheets Dave - Accurate Data the key I guess 

You don’t want to muddle your Left Backs with Right Backs

?

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Waconda said:

Bit harsh on him. He is biased for sure but probably not clueless.

Very clever.

I think you're confusing bias and opinion - and we all have plenty of both. Ironically statistics are an excellent way of challenging any bias we may have.

1 hour ago, Waconda said:

Actually, it’s worth you reading what I wrote.  Focus was on Luton.  They’ve done brilliantly with their money, by getting a playing system, recruitment and continuity all working in harmony.

The data isn’t very good on transfer fees in Transfermarkt, but Sky saying squad value of £1.5m isn’t any more accurate either?

No hidden agendas.  But I’ll bare you in mind the next time I put out a spreadsheet that references City and caveat it accordingly as to whether you should read anything into it.  I can explain in Janet and John if you like.  Just let me know.  I appreciate not everyone is into their “numbers”.

Your posts now seem to show up again, which is good also.  Welcome back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Actually, it’s worth you reading what I wrote.  Focus was on Luton.  They’ve done brilliantly with their money, by getting a playing system, recruitment and continuity all working in harmony.

The data isn’t very good on transfer fees in Transfermarkt, but Sky saying squad value of £1.5m isn’t any more accurate either?

No hidden agendas.  But I’ll bare you in mind the next time I put out a spreadsheet that references City and caveat it accordingly as to whether you should read anything into it.  I can explain in Janet and John if you like.  Just let me know.  I appreciate not everyone is into their “numbers”.

Your posts now seem to show up again, which is good also.  Welcome back.

could you do one in Peter and Jane as well please?