IGNORED

New song for the city fans

leader

6 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Did you know the song was about JFK's daughter?

Neil Diamond has famously said that it wasn’t about JFK’s daughter, it was in fact about his wife at the time - but he said the name in the title of the song had to be three syllables to work so he temporarily changed his wife’s name from ‘Marsha’ to ‘Caroline’ to make the song work - rock n roll eh?!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Neil Diamond has famously said that it wasn’t about JFK’s daughter, it was in fact about his wife at the time - but he said the name in the title of the song had to be three syllables to work so he temporarily changed his wife’s name from ‘Marsha’ to ‘Caroline’ to make the song work - rock n roll eh?!

Rock n Roll indeed. I only heard about JFK's daughter recently on TV as well!

At least the TV show didn't say anything about the classic Quo track of similar name!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And now I'm really confused....or maybe Neil is.

Courtesy of Wikipedia...

Screenshot_20220511-222940_Chrome.jpg

18 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I don’t care what people sing, long as it’s not “stand up if you hate the Gas”. We should have songs about City, not minnows from Horfield. 

Oh come on, surely "Shoes off if you hate the Gas" at the last home match was a candidate for Champagne Moment of the Season? ?

• Haha 1

What about.

It's a long way to Bristol City, it's a long way to go. It's a long way to Bristol City to the greatest team I know. Goodbye Bristol rovers, farewell Cardiff too. It's a long long way to Bristol City but we are here with you.

Sing to the tube if it's a long way to tipperary, would probably get the older fans joining in aswell.

We already have an anthem and the op dissed it in his opening sentence. It just isn't sung often or loud enough.

BAAAARRRISSSSTOLLLLLL.....as mentioned earlier and 'We are the boys from the West Country' both popular have fallen by the wayside.

9 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Up the table we must go, ee ey ee ey ee ey oh

I’m glad someone else remembers it!   I thought that I must be experiencing retrograde auditory hallucinations………:dunno:

’ knees up mother Brown, up the table we must go ee ey ee ey oh

If I catch you ‘jerking’ I’ll cut your cock right off

Woah oh what a rotten song, what rotten singer to ooo

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m glad someone else remembers it!   I thought that I must be experiencing retrograde auditory hallucinations………:dunno:

’ knees up mother Brown, up the table we must go ee ey ee ey oh

If I catch you ‘jerking’ I’ll cut your cock right off

Woah oh what a rotten song, what rotten singer to ooo

We all have different memories, but mine was:

‘When we get promotion,

This is what we’ll sing,

We all love you, We all love you,

Galley is our King.’

Still, whatever floats your boat.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

We all have different memories, but mine was:

‘When we get promotion,

This is what we’ll sing,

We all love you, We all love you,

Galley is our King.’

Still, whatever floats your boat.

I remember that version as well. It’s such a catching tune that you could make up lots of different versions.

Must admit the songs down Ashton Gate for the last few seasons have been cr*p, in the seventies the good old East End sang from start to finish even when we were losing, come on everyone get it sorted, come on you reds is a bit boring now, time to invent something a bit better. There was always songs for the various players years ago, there's a few now but not many, most of the away fans seem to all have many different songs for their players, team or club, we seem a bit lacking in this respect!

1 hour ago, westex red said:

Must admit the songs down Ashton Gate for the last few seasons have been cr*p, in the seventies the good old East End sang from start to finish even when we were losing, come on everyone get it sorted, come on you reds is a bit boring now, time to invent something a bit better. There was always songs for the various players years ago, there's a few now but not many, most of the away fans seem to all have many different songs for their players, team or club, we seem a bit lacking in this respect!

It’s largely because us former EE ‘boys’ aren’t boys anymore. We’ve all grown up and matured and what thrilled and excited us 40+ years ago no longer has the same impact.

Plus…the EE was a perfect place to congregate and join the City ‘family’ and it generated a terrific atmosphere. However.. the bogs were absolutely disgusting, the view was shallow and piss poor which meant actually watching the game almost impossible but it wasn’t a big deal back then. It was the atmosphere that mattered.

Seems ageist  I know but without the EE generating any kind of atmosphere these days is a real struggle these days. How time changes.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, westex red said:

They really didn’t.

This is like the “it never rained when I was at school” memory we all have.

It didn’t happen.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

I've got one.

It's called 'Everywhere we go' and you can sing it for 90+ minutes straight.

It goes.....

Everywhere we gooooooo

Everywhere we gooooooo

Everywhere we go

Everywhere we go

Everywhere we gooooooo

Straight to sleep…………:fastasleep:

• Haha 2