IGNORED

LJ to Hibs

ScottishRed

2 hours ago, Malago said:

Vyner did reasonably well at Aberdeen.  Remember LJ bigging him up and comparing him to Lloyd Kelly.

Also could be an ideal destination for Kasey Palmer on a season long loan.

Hibs would struggle to pay KP anything remotely close to what he is on here.

12 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Dear Lee 

‘ Due to your City history we are able to offer you a full ‘summer bundle’ at a special price , including  players you signed - We can offer you Kasey Palmer , Taylor Moore and Zak Vyner for a one off , and special price of only £5 million’

Take a zero of the end It it might be a goer!

29 minutes ago, The Bard said:

1 year loan. Get him out the building.

It is not quite as simple as that unless of course we are prepared to pay potentially 90% of his wages for a year our we negotiate a termination agreement.

Aside from the bigot brothers there is very very little money in Scottish football and that includes Hibs. I would imagine, obviously I don’t know, that their highest paid player will be on less than £2k per week.

Go down a division to the Scottish Championship where with the exception of Arbroath, the clubs are full time, you are looking at a weekly wage of £500 / £600.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

According to some on here KP is on 25k per week, no way on this planet can Hibs pay 8k of that, the money simply is not there.

Hibs players are on anything between £750 to £3500 a week so no £8k would be impossible.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on, but as someone has subsequently said, Vyner is a possible.

He did well at Aberdeen, is versatile & has a great availability record.

Would think he could be accommodated in their wage structure & although he’s not had the happiest season here, I genuinely think they could do a lot worse.

Agree with this. I actually think Zak is a genuinely good footballer albeit one who makes too many mistakes at Championship level to avoid being punished for them. I can see him being a quality player at League One or in the SPL. 

56 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Hibs players are on anything between £750 to £3500 a week so no £8k would be impossible.

Fantasy land to even mention Palmer, but Hibs players on £750 a week?

No chance, that’s not even L2 wages.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Fantasy land to even mention Palmer, but Hibs players on £750 a week?

No chance, that’s not even L2 wages.

Well obviously I don't know I just searched Hibs players wages and that's what came up, all the squads salaries are there.

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Oh really?! 

I did tell you otherwise (after you posted the above, granted) ?

Yep, you were right.  Our conversation was after that. 
LJ was talking to a few clubs, my understanding of his situation last week was that FGR and Hibs were unlikely and something like Charlton was more likely. 
Must admit, I’m quite surprised he’s chosen Hibs. I’d guess that the Charlton offer wasn’t something he wanted (maybe there was interference and/or restrictions from their owner?) 

Now he’s there, I’ll certainly be expecting him to have a good look at some of the better youngsters in leagues 1 & 2. I’m sure he’ll also use the prem loan market given his contacts there (particularly with Man C). 

28 minutes ago, leader said:

I’m just saying it’s a city forum not Lee duckingJohnson  up the Gers

I don't care for 'gers either but never mind.

It's actually a general football forum where plenty of other topics, clubs etc non City related are discussed.

If you really aren't that interested in anything Lee Johnson related, can I suggest you don't click on a topic which clearly is related to Lee Johnson.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

LJ hardly played for them and McAllister is a Man United fan from Glasgow. I doubt they'll care too much. 

Must have been interesting following Hibs in the 80s, they had a pretty renowned set of troublemakers! 

I was up there quite a lot in the 80s and Hibs and Aberdeen were rabid rivals - they didn’t hold back home and away - carnage ... but believe me, any Hibee manager with a link to ‘them’ won’t go down well ...