IGNORED

LJ to Hibs

ScottishRed

17 hours ago, Taz said:

It's actually a general football forum where plenty of other topics, clubs etc non City related are discussed.

If you really aren't that interested in anything Lee Johnson related, can I suggest you don't click on a topic which clearly is related to Lee Johnson.

I second this, and for future clarity for those who do not wish to discuss our former manager, any thread title that has 'LJ' in it is very likely to mean...well, you've guessed it (hopefully)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I actually think it’s a good appointment for both of them.

I agree, pretty much the only way is up for Hibs after a terrible season. Johnno has contacts in the English lower leagues and will be able to get some decent players up on reasonable money. If you were a decent League One player would you rather look forward to 20,000 sell outs at 4 Edinburgh derbies plus the chance to play at Parkhead and Ibrox in front of 50,000+ gates and the chance to win silverware or play at the Memorial Stadium..admittedly that would also be in front of 50,000 (43,000 in the car park).

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I actually think it’s a good appointment for both of them.

I agree. I’ve got nothing against LJ, and I’m glad to see he’s got another job. And they’ve got a manager who’s got quite a lot of experience now at different clubs. It’ll be interesting to see how he gets on up there.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Wow. That’s a long time to have to listen to him. 

At least he won’t be  shy about telling the Hibs fans about his ability and tactical nous:
“I had two hours with Pep Guardiola over the two games, which was great. It wasn’t just me picking his brains, it was 60-40 and he was actually genuinely interested in my ideas.” 

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

At least he won’t be  shy about telling the Hibs fans about his ability and tactical nous:
“I had two hours with Pep Guardiola over the two games, which was great. It wasn’t just me picking his brains, it was 60-40 and he was actually genuinely interested in my ideas.” 

Such is the character of the man, I get genuinely stumped as to whether quotes like this are real or not. Genuinely confused here! ?

• Haha 2

A couple of years ago myself and Mrs Cider went on one of our many trips to Edinburgh, whilst there we went to Easter Road to watch Hibs play Motherwell …booked hospitality and was well looked after with lunch and drinks etc and a scotch pie at half time …had a very good day and Hibs won 2-0 . :yawn:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

To be honest, I could believe that, we were doing well at that time with a group of reasonable players, but not world beaters, I would imagine that Pep was interested in how you work within those limitations. He strikes me as that kind of person who would believe he can learn something everyday from any source.  I also seem to remember that he thought that the rugby pitch markings were some sort of zonal additions we had put in, I think LJ put him right, but if it had been me I would have spun him a whole lot of bollocks about that. :)

2 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

So no other club have swallowed LJ's spin/bullshit. The poor sods have no idea what they have let themselves in for.

How many other jobs has he applied for? I don't know, do you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

When they play Celtic will there be a special bottle of wine in the boardroom? 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Midred said:

When they play Celtic will there be a special bottle of wine in the boardroom? 

If only…..  Gary Johnson was so close to playing in the Premier League  against Man Utd at Ashton Gate. Alex Ferguson was partial to a bottle of good wine, so Gary was probably planning on splashing  out on a bottle of Black Tower with, possibly, a Babycham as an aperitif 

• Like 1

“As a Manager, I like to turn up the attacking dial during the game and I want to play a high-tempo brand of football.  I felt connected to the Hibs project very quickly. I am looking forward to getting stuck in and embedding the process.  We’ve got a team of players that naturally fit my style and of course we are going to have to recruit to try and enhance that.  You’ve got to engage players, make them feel wanted and valued and you’ve got to make them believe in that playing style. Whatever happens we must compete and compete at the top end of the table."

Want You Love GIF by FUN WITH FRIDAY

• Haha 8