IGNORED

LJ to Hibs

ScottishRed

5 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

So no other club have swallowed LJ's spin/bullshit. The poor sods have no idea what they have let themselves in for.

They don’t.

Just read snippets on BBC Football of his press conference.

’ I like possession football but it doesn’t have to be 60% , maybe 52% to 54%’ !

WTF.

He is going to be more than good value on BBC Radio Scotland on a Saturday night!

Unlike down here with many more clubs and a much bigger population, football fans in Scotland do actually listen to managers interviews even though they have no connection to the club - the radio phone-ins have the potential to be epic.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Billy BS got another job . Has anyone with zero achievements ever lasted so long . 

You go steady there BW - when I recently suggested on here that LJ had ‘zero achievements on his cv’ I was leapt upon by the cancel culture/snowflake brigade because apparently he won the Leasing.com/Papa Johns Trophy ... oh well, what an achievement ... ???

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You go steady there BW - when I recently suggested on here that LJ had ‘zero achievements on his cv’ I was leapt upon by the cancel culture/snowflake brigade because apparently he won the Leasing.com/Papa Johns Trophy ... oh well, what an achievement ... ???

Took Bristol City to a National Cup Semi Final for the first time since 1989.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What was it about those who challenged you that made you think they were cancel culture/snowflake brigade?

Or is it just that the Daily Mail/Telegraph has told you that anyone who disagrees with you about anything is ‘cancel culture/snowflake’? 

Just trying to understand your apparent view that anyone who may have ‘supported’ LJ is a snowflake/cancel culture and how on earth it’s related. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Just trying to understand your apparent view that anyone who may have ‘supported’ LJ is a snowflake/cancel culture and how on earth it’s related. 

That's actually brilliant :laugh: Hadn't noticed that. It shows how tightly they have these angry blokes by the balls, that every time someone disagrees with them it's now part of the liberal lefty agenda :laugh:. ****ing mental thinking.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

They don’t.

Just read snippets on BBC Football of his press conference.

’ I like possession football but it doesn’t have to be 60% , maybe 52% to 54%’ !

WTF.

He is going to be more than good value on BBC Radio Scotland on a Saturday night!

Unlike down here with many more clubs and a much bigger population, football fans in Scotland do actually listen to managers interviews even though they have no connection to the club - the radio phone-ins have the potential to be epic.

Was his 60:40 with Pep, possession bullshit?

10 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Billy BS got another job . Has anyone with zero achievements ever lasted so long . 

Zero achievements?

coached at a time where our players were going for fees like we have never seen before regularly. You may not like him but to say he never achieved anything here is wrong 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, nebristolred said:

That's actually brilliant :laugh: Hadn't noticed that. It shows how tightly they have these angry blokes by the balls, that every time someone disagrees with them it's now part of the liberal lefty agenda :laugh:. ****ing mental thinking.

Weak thinking really. Going on the Daily Mail website to find out what your opinion is on something is weak minded 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Zero achievements?

coached at a time where our players were going for fees like we have never seen before regularly. You may not like him but to say he never achieved anything here is wrong 

Don't bother mate, some on here believe he is the antichrist and won't have a good word said about him. What's even worse is that generally it has less to do with his efforts in Management or on the pitch, but to do with the way he looks and talks.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Alessandro said:

What was it about those who challenged you that made you think they were cancel culture/snowflake brigade?

Or is it just that the Daily Mail/Telegraph has told you that anyone who disagrees with you about anything is ‘cancel culture/snowflake’? 

Such a pedant that they can't handle when someone corrects them. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There is a certain irony in undoubtedly the most pedantic member of the forum taking exception to being corrected on something! ???

• Haha 8

13 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

“As a Manager, I like to go 3-0 up and somehow end the game in a 3-3 draw. I especially like it when we are a couple behind to push up to the halfway line and then pass along the back four continuously without threatening to try and get back into the game. Possession is the most important statistic in football. If you can’t be in position, be in possession. I felt connected to the Hibs project very quickly. I am looking forward to getting stuck in and embedding the process.  We’ve got a team of players that naturally fit my style and of course we are going to have to recruit to try and enhance that.  You’ve got to confuse players, stick with your favourites, ask them to play in the cage and never make a substitution until the 82nd minute. We’ll need to consult the Tombola which 9 times out of 10 ends up with me having to substitute a forward for a defender when we are 3-0 down. Whatever happens we must keep possession and sign Tammy. Hopefully the fans will get used to us dusting ourselves down and going again. We need that level of consistency. "

Want You Love GIF by FUN WITH FRIDAY

Fixed it for you….?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Did you not celebrate it when we won the cup in 14/15, when there were 70 odd thousand fans there? What about in 2002 at the Millennium stadium ? Is that irrelevant too?

Cancel culture my arse. You are just talking shyte

Edited by TonyTonyTony
Deliberate mistake included - just so you can correct

Well fair play, it’s nigh on impossible to have a lower opinion of Lee Johnson’s ability to manage a football team than I do, but for the life of me I can’t think how pointing out he won The Papa John’s Trophy means you’re part of the much feared ‘cancel culture/snowflake brigade’.

What a truly absurd remark. Potentially the maddest thing I’ve ever read on this forum to be honest.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I’ve never said or held the view that anyone who supported LJ is a snowflake ... strange assertion that ... 

10 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There is a certain irony in undoubtedly the most pedantic member of the forum taking exception to being corrected on something! ???

So you think winning the Papa John Trophy is a major achievement? Fair enough ... I don’t feel I was ‘corrected’ because I don’t think it’s a major achievement ...

9 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Did you not celebrate it when we won the cup in 14/15, when there were 70 odd thousand fans there? What about in 2002 at the Millennium stadium ? Is that irrelevant too?

Cancel culture my arse. You are just talking shyte

I’ve said on here before, I went to all the finals of The Football League Trophy in which we were involved - but I saw them all as a day out and I wasn’t that bothered if we won or not, with the exception of the 1986 one, because to me that was a real statement about how we were on the way back after 1982 - and the emotion that poured out of Terry Cooper after the rollercoaster of the previous few years just meant so much. But, as I’ve also said on here before, two City fans sat in front of me at the 2000 final, when we lost to Stoke, were in tears at the final whistle - and they not youngsters by any means - I couldn’t believe that and I just can’t get too excited by The Football League Trophy competition - and now we are not in it, it seems loads on here ridicule it annually too ...

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you think winning the Papa John Trophy is a major achievement? Fair enough ... I don’t feel I was ‘corrected’ because I don’t think it’s a major achievement ...

You’ve conveniently added in the word ‘major’ here when before you were just talking about ‘achievements’. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just listened to both the announcement press conference and his first interview.  It looks like a good fit.

A couple of Brentisms, but a bit more humility too.

Had a listen myself. Likewise, good fit i think. He knows what he's doing. Another club that looks relatively good on a CV and a chance of European football, which i think is the big draw for him.

He definitely practices amd preaches the 'modern football manager'. Comes across a bit too textbook still. Hoping the Hibs fans arousal levels are within the threshold for the coming season!

Edited by Gazred

34 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve said on here before, I went to all the finals of The Football League Trophy in which we were involved - but I saw them all as a day out and I wasn’t that bothered if we won or not, with the exception of the 1986 one, because to me that was a real statement about how we were on the way back after 1982 - and the emotion that poured out of Terry Cooper after the rollercoaster of the previous few years just meant so much. But, as I’ve also said on here before, two City fans sat in front of me at the 2000 final, when we lost to Stoke, were in tears at the final whistle - and they not youngsters by any means - I couldn’t believe that and I just can’t get too excited by The Football League Trophy competition - and now we are not in it, it seems loads on here ridicule it annually too ...

Hmm. It is a trophy nonetheless and you trying to delete it is only to try and degrade Johnson’s CV presumably because you don’t like him. Very odd 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You’ve conveniently added in the word ‘major’ here when before you were just talking about ‘achievements’. 

Blimey, and I thought I was the pedantic one - ok, I don’t believe winning the Football League Trophy as manager of Sunderland when your opponents are all from the bottom two tiers of English football plus a group of youngsters looking for experience from higher clubs, is an ‘achievement’ ... Happy now pedantic one?

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Hmm. It is a trophy nonetheless and you trying to delete it is only to try and degrade Johnson’s CV presumably because you don’t like him. Very odd 

I never disliked LJ at all, ever ... just to make that clear - he obviously loved our club but he just wasn’t up to the task of getting us promoted - we seemed to be in with a shout at New Year each season then we plummeted to the depths each time ... I haven’t tried to degrade LJ’s cv - he has zero achievements on it - that’s all I said, and it’s pretty true ....

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blimey, and I thought I was the pedantic one - ok, I don’t believe winning the Football League Trophy as manager of Sunderland when your opponents are all from the bottom two tiers of English football plus a group of youngsters looking for experience from higher clubs, is an ‘achievement’ ... Happy now pedantic one?

Moving the goalposts again. 

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I never disliked LJ at all, ever ... just to make that clear - he obviously loved our club but he just wasn’t up to the task of getting us promoted - we seemed to be in with a shout at New Year each season then we plummeted to the depths each time ... I haven’t tried to degrade LJ’s cv - he has zero achievements on it - that’s all I said, and it’s pretty true ....

It's not true. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I haven’t tried to degrade LJ’s cv - he has zero achievements on it - that’s all I said, and it’s pretty true ....

Winning a trophy at Wembley isn’t zero achievements is it? A trophy you seem to want to degrade despite going to see it 2 or 3 times by your own admission. Strange behaviour tbh