IGNORED

LJ to Hibs

ScottishRed

1 hour ago, Malago said:

Won his 1st game 5-0 , albeit against part time Clyde in the League Cup.

Does that constitute a thrashing ?

All the goals in the first half, obviously let up after the break.

Good start for him and JM.

On 25/05/2022 at 21:47, Davefevs said:

Don’t mind admitting I’m a bit obsessed with Ashton, but mainly the financial implications his reign left us with.

Some people you don’t take to. I’ve met MA twice. My impression is that he wants to be a footballer.  He wasn’t good enough, became an administrator in football and leached a lot of money out of football in the process of trying to make himself be more important than the footballers themselves.

LJ - I met twice. Personable guy, heart in it, did some good stuff, did some crap stuff.

I don’t think MA and LJ were a good combo for each other.

I look forward to how LJ does at Hibs.

I hope Ashton does terribly at Ipswich and is finally seen through.

Bottom line is:

LJ loved the club

MA loved to milk the club

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Malago said:

Won his 1st game 5-0 , albeit against part time Clyde in the League Cup.

No need to say ‘albeit against part time Clyde’ - Roy Keane’s Celtic debut was vs Clyde - and Roy’s ‘super hoops’ heroes got humbled by the Clyde boys as they crashed to a defeat! And, as a Partick Thistle fan, anyone in the know up there would know how hard it is for me to say that ... ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

In response to LJ saying Hibs was the best pathway to Reuben…shots fired somewhat.  

Do remember there being some rumours that Tins and LJ didn’t see eye to eye

With Tins at 6 foot + and LJ less than 5 and a half,thats not surprising.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

In response to LJ saying Hibs was the best pathway to Reuben…shots fired somewhat.  

Do remember there being some rumours that Tins and LJ didn’t see eye to eye

F7DBE111-8EFE-4E8C-8AA7-B9BDCB78DC7A.png

Why does he need to even comment?

Fair play to Tins.

Gregor wrote an article on it…was adamant (not Stuart Goddard) there was proper truth behind it.

Edited by Davefevs

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Think people are reading into the comment a bit too much and finding the meaning they want to find.

He’s specifically talking about McAllister - best pathway ‘for him’ which could well be down to the family links.

That’s exactly how I read LJ’s comment, the best pathway for the lad is to grow up around his family rather than living in digs at the age of 15/16 whichever it is. I don’t think LJ was taking swipe at the club or it’s staff in anyway 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

That’s exactly how I read LJ’s comment, the best pathway for the lad is to grow up around his family rather than living in digs at the age of 15/16 whichever it is. I don’t think LJ was taking swipe at the club or it’s staff in anyway 

It’s just unfortunate he used the term the club uses ‘pathway’.

Just been reading through this,,,, if i was a hibs fan i would be getting extremely twitchy…. They dont have a lot of money im sure,,, 130000 for them to spend on an unproven 16 year old is a huge amount,,, the club is basically paying 130000 to enable the mcallister family to relocate. Now the lad might be the second coming of messi, but if hes not, that is probably all their transfer budget spent on a 16 year old youth prospect 

• Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Just been reading through this,,,, if i was a hibs fan i would be getting extremely twitchy…. They dont have a lot of money im sure,,, 130000 for them to spend on an unproven 16 year old is a huge amount,,, the club is basically paying 130000 to enable the mcallister family to relocate. Now the lad might be the second coming of messi, but if hes not, that is probably all their transfer budget spent on a 16 year old youth prospect 

Good point, Scottish clubs outside of the Old Firm rarely spend a penny on transfer fees these days. For Hibs this is a large outlay. Both Johnson and McAllister must be very confident that he will be knocking on the first team door within 12 months.

Hibs are about to pull in £3m  for a lad going to Bologna, small change for McAllistair really.

5 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

Although I agree that it does smack of nepotism and young McAllister being massively over hyped by his new agency, they are a very well run club in a far better financial position than us and I can't see that 130k is going to hurt them at all, or stop them recruiting.

It will put a lot of pressure on the kid though as he'll have to try to live up to the hype drummed up out of nowhere by his agency.

7 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Having seen some of the signings in the Scottish Premiership this season, I think some people have a very outdated view of what budgets etc are like up there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Think people are reading into the comment a bit too much and finding the meaning they want to find.

He’s specifically talking about McAllister - best pathway ‘for him’ which could well be down to the family links.

Well you’d have to include Tinnion in that, because he’s obviously been triggered. 

It’s just nice now that the pathway is actually a thing that works in practice under Nige, rather than something that’s just talked about in an empty fashion under Johnson. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Well you’d have to include Tinnion in that, because he’s obviously been triggered. 

It’s just nice now that the pathway is actually a thing that works in practice under Nige, rather than something that’s just talked about in an empty fashion under Johnson. 

Yes definitely includes Tinnion, he seems to have misread the comment too. 

It would’ve been interesting to see how Johnson would’ve got on if he was having to use academy products at a young age as Pearson has been. Johnson can clearly spot a good player, so it might’ve suited him.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we’d ended up doing a bit better - Johnson seems to be at his worst when he has millions to throw at problems. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yes definitely includes Tinnion, he seems to have misread the comment too. 

It would’ve been interesting to see how Johnson would’ve got on if he was having to use academy products at a young age as Pearson has been. Johnson can clearly spot a good player, so it might’ve suited him.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we’d ended up doing a bit better - Johnson seems to be at his worst when he has millions to throw at problems. 

My view is that LJ had the option to play Academy players, but between him, MA and SL, chose to go and bring players in from outside….Marinovic, Rodri, anyone???

Players like Joe Morrell, stopped from going out on loan in January, having made a few appearances…never then made the 18.  The argument will be “well he’s at Pompei now, he obviously wasn’t good enough”.  The counter is, was Towler, was Bell, was Conway, etc, when they came in.

From memory, the only academy player that really broke through was Lloyd Kelly.

LJ had the opportunity the blood academy players, but imho, he decided to go a different route.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My view is that LJ had the option to play Academy players, but between him, MA and SL, chose to go and bring players in from outside….Marinovic, Rodri, anyone???

Players like Joe Morrell, stopped from going out on loan in January, having made a few appearances…never then made the 18.  The argument will be “well he’s at Pompei now, he obviously wasn’t good enough”.  The counter is, was Towler, was Bell, was Conway, etc, when they came in.

From memory, the only academy player that really broke through was Lloyd Kelly.

LJ had the opportunity the blood academy players, but imho, he decided to go a different route.

I think if Pearson had the money Johnson had then it’s unlikely the slightly lesser academy products ie the likes of Bell, Cundy etc would be playing.. but probable Alex Scott would be for example.

All conjecture though really - I suspect Pearson might actually be enjoying using the academy players. He’s already proven himself as a manager, so perhaps the opportunity to bring on some young talent and develop them himself appeals to him from a legacy point of view. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think if Pearson had the money Johnson had then it’s unlikely the slightly lesser academy products ie the likes of Bell, Cundy etc would be playing.. but probable Alex Scott would be for example.

All conjecture though really - I suspect Pearson might actually be enjoying using the academy players. He’s already proven himself as a manager, so perhaps the opportunity to bring on some young talent and develop them himself appeals to him from a legacy point of view. 

Pedant alert!!!

Cundy is 25 and never came through the academy. Picked him up from Bath I think.