IGNORED

LJ to Hibs

ScottishRed

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Agreed. I suspect the real answer is that MA and LJ were jointly responsible for dumping the kittens in the canal. 

Which is how it should be, they should have worked together, one on each end of sack and launched it miles into the river.

What we "seemed" to get was one holding the top of the sack, one holding the morning paper, one saying go on 3 the other letting go at 2.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I look forward to how LJ does at Hibs.

Me too. I follow a few Hits fans on Twitter so I'll watch with interest.

Away from the "Has to get Promoted" at Sun'land pressure , and the relatively easy ride (at least early on) he had here, it will be interesting to see what happens. It will be his coaching, his organisation and his choices of players with a limited budget that will tell at Hibs.

3 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

How would you too old fellas suggest us young firebrands spend a long, hot summer (following three turgid winters) - following the "action" down Nevil Road?

Staying off OTIB would be a good start - people lose their sh!t over sweet fa this time of year. As for Nevil Road, same old same old innit

50 minutes ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

Did you have a chat?

Yes, a brief “how you getting on, good luck” type chat as our plane was announced as delayed 2.5 hours, then a more “chatty” chat with Macca about football, Sunderland, work, stuff.  Didn’t want to pester him…although was trying to see which player Lee was looking at on his phone.  He’d been sent a screengrab from Transfermarkt and some heatmaps! ???

I’ve met Lee a couple of times in the past at CHSW, and had decent chats with him.  First time I’ve spoken with Macca.  Nice guy

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, a brief “how you getting on, good luck” type chat as our plane was announced as delayed 2.5 hours, then a more “chatty” chat with Macca about football, Sunderland, work, stuff.  Didn’t want to pester him…although was trying to see which player Lee was looking at on his phone.  He’d been sent a screengrab from Transfermarkt and some heatmaps! ???

I’ve met Lee a couple of times in the past at CHSW, and had decent chats with him.  First time I’ve spoken with Macca.  Nice guy

They recognised and approached you I assume? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 24/05/2022 at 10:13, Redtucks said:

Life is not too short for you to reply to all the points you disagree with though.

I suggest that you didn't reply to the previous 5 points because you couldn't disagree with them!

:innocent06:

Well, despite your hilarious emoji - and considering the “previous 5 points” to which you refer, I would still say that LJ getting thrashed by Lincoln City in the play offs, when he was Sunderland manager, was not an achievement of which to be proud - so I can safely disagree with at least another one of the “previous 5 points” to which you refer ...

?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, despite your hilarious emoji - and considering the “previous 5 points” to which you refer, I would still say that LJ getting thrashed by Lincoln City in the play offs, when he was Sunderland manager, was not an achievement of which to be proud - so I can safely disagree with at least another one of the “previous 5 points” to which you refer ...

?

Thrashed? ?

It was 3-2 on aggregate

• Thanks 1

On 25/05/2022 at 11:17, Fordy62 said:

Agreed. I suspect the real answer is that MA and LJ were jointly responsible for dumping the kittens in the canal. 

McInnes probably provided them the kittens as well. Originally Coppell was going to take them, but he decided it was too much work and handed them back after 2 weeks. 

On 25/05/2022 at 11:17, Fordy62 said:

I think LJ was teaching the kittens to swim because he suspected that at some stage MA would throw them in the canal. 

9 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Ready to lob out the plane at 3000 feet , the barstard. 

Then he will give a press conference explaining in great detail for about 30 minutes how he planned the whole thing outstandingly, but Macca let him down and the kittens escaped before they could be sent into the skyline. 

On 31/05/2022 at 05:56, cidercity1987 said:

Thrashed? ?

It was 3-2 on aggregate

Sunderland vs Lincoln ... yep, Sunderland vs Lincoln - given the histories of both clubs and modern expectations and crowd figures, I’m sure you could entertain the fact that LJ overseeing a play off defeat as boss of the mighty Mackems versus the plucky Imps could well be seen as a ‘thrashing’ - a thrashing doesn’t always need to be a 0-5, for example, it could just be a ridiculous and unlikely result against a club you are expected to beat handsomely - hence the Mackems being humbled by the Imps ...

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sunderland vs Lincoln ... yep, Sunderland vs Lincoln - given the histories of both clubs and modern expectations and crowd figures, I’m sure you could entertain the fact that LJ overseeing a play off defeat as boss of the mighty Mackems versus the plucky Imps could well be seen as a ‘thrashing’ - a thrashing doesn’t always need to be a 0-5, for example, it could just be a ridiculous and unlikely result against a club you are expected to beat handsomely - hence the Mackems being humbled by the Imps ...

Nice try a week later. Thrashed doesn't mean any of the above

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Nice try a week later. Thrashed doesn't mean any of the above

‘...a week later’ - is the the time difference relevant?! Perhaps all of those registered on this forum don’t spend every day on this place - many obviously have stuff to do in the real world rather than read and reply to posts on OTIB on a daily basis - from your comment, you obviously aren’t one of them ...

• Haha 1