IGNORED

Rob Edwards - Watford

Silvio Dante

Last night Dale Vince tweeted

Intense media speculation - calls, emails and texts tonight. We’ve had no approach from Watford, which we would expect - it’s the proper way to do things.  And nothing from Rob - if it’s being discussed then it’s behind our backs.

Today the Watford Observer confirms talks have taken place and it's going to be announced today

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I think he would be better off staying at FGR, Watford is a graveyard for managers.

Or he can make his fortune at Watford whether he succeeds or fails.  No brainer for me. Back yourself to win promotion and be a premier league manager, knowing if it goes wrong you paid to be sacked and then get a league one or two job again anyway. 

• Like 16
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Or he can make his fortune at Watford whether he succeeds or fails.  No brainer for me. Back yourself to win promotion and be a premier league manager, knowing if it goes wrong you paid to be sacked and then get a league one or two job again anyway. 

Tend to agree….in a merry go round of the same old names getting touted for jobs, this is a great opportunity.  Might go horribly wrong, might go really well.

Its no different to me thinking Semenyo should stay here another year, when reality is that if he gets an offer to go to PL, he’ll probably take it.  Can always come back down.

Its not like normal jobs is it!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Perhaps LJ ought to stall on the Hibs job 

FGR might suit him better...small club, small ground, small manager ?

It’s a good idea. Ambitious club, new stadium on the way. Would suit each other well. 

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Tend to agree….in a merry go round of the same old names getting touted for jobs, this is a great opportunity.  Might go horribly wrong, might go really well.

Its no different to me thinking Semenyo should stay here another year, when reality is that if he gets an offer to go to PL, he’ll probably take it.  Can always come back down.

No it’s not like normal jobs and generally people are ambitious and back themselves.  I don’t Edwards is thinking I shouldn’t better myself in case it goes wrong. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I like your confidence that he would be there long enough to take them to the Premier League. That person would be 2 managers away. Anyone who lasts more than 2 months at Watford is doing well. 

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I like your confidence that he would be there long enough to take them to the Premier League. That person would be 2 managers away. Anyone who lasts more than 2 months at Watford is doing well. 

Well he would enjoy a lovely pay off then. Happy days either way really. Certainly not a reason to not take the job 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Betting has been suspended on new Watford boss with Edwards, currently in charge of Forest Green, slated to take over.

Seems a progressive move but also out of kilter with how Watford have appointed recently.

Would imagine it may lead to the next location for Kane Wilson too!

Has he been sacked yet? ?

Watford can’t be that far off sacking managers as they are appointed!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

Dale Vince is on H&J this afternoon, could be an interesting listen. Hawksbee has already said that he's tamping about how Watford have gone about it

Where's his sense of humour gone?

He thought his buddy attaching himself to a goalpost was hilarious....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Sky just interviewed Dale Vince, annoyed that it’s been done behind his back and that he has heard nothing from Rob Edwards. They have a plan B and will crack on with that.

Ex England gaffer Terry Vegetables...?

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

One can only assume that although Vince dangled a carrot in front of Edwards that said Lettuce take FGR forward together, he ultimately soya ambitions were greater and therefore at Watford Edwards could bring home more bacon. Pork showing from the hornets though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think this appointment probably puts pay to us getting any decent players from FGR next season.

The Wilsons etc will probably be on the bus to Watford as we speak.

1 hour ago, One Team said:

Has he been sacked yet? ?

Watford can’t be that far off sacking managers as they are appointed!

Torquay did that with Leroy Rosenior. Sacked 10 minutes after he put pen to paper.

LR took it well. "I think I did a fabulous job for those 10 minutes," he said. 

• Haha 2

Utterly bizarre from Watford if this goes through, can only speculate that they can't really afford a name/import as they're still paying off their last 5 or 6 managers......

From Edwards Point of view you can't blame him for giving it a go, also sets himself up very well when he inevitably gets sacked next week!!

Poor behaviour though on his and Watfords part. Absolutely disgraceful.