IGNORED

Rob Edwards - Watford

Silvio Dante

59 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

One can only assume that although Vince dangled a carrot in front of Edwards that said Lettuce take FGR forward together, he ultimately soya ambitions were greater and therefore at Watford Edwards could bring home more bacon. Pork showing from the hornets though.

You have over-egged yer omelette, there. For me. A bit less is more. Brevity is the soul of wit, as Danny Mills put it on the radio the other night

1 minute ago, bert tann said:

Watford would have made an approach for J Barton who is now, undoubtedly, the greatest manager in Rovers history.

But they know their place and accepted there was little chance of attracting him away from a much bigger club.  

Or from a genuine multi billionaire with a very expensive watch, who happens to be a very nice man.

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Or from a genuine multi billionaire with a very expensive watch, who happens to be a very nice man.

And quite possibly, if he objects to J Barton's financial requirements for next season, a denture capitalist. 

Edited by bert tann

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

I hope Edwards and Watford fail.

Interested to see who FGR go for. They spoke before about a left-field appointment..they might need to play it safer on this occasion though. 

Vince said they already had a short list and were looking for another up and coming young coach.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robin for life said:

Was he out of contract at FGR? I can't see how this can be done? Surely RE can't just resign and take a new post, and if he's under contract then FGR surely are due compensation or something. 

Unless he was out of contract at the end of the season, I can't see how this has happened. 

Vince said the compensation clause is equivalent to 6 months wages - so peanuts for Watford

He had a clause in his contract that he could speak to other clubs if approached 

As a semi-regular at FGR this season, I must say I’m rather disappointed in this. 
Edwards has been an excellent manager and there was no doubt that clubs would be interested in him, so there was always an understanding and realisation that he’d leave the club via another role rather than a sacking. But it’s a low blow in terms of the way it’s been done. 
I have no doubts whatsoever that had Watford asked if they could speak to him that FGR would have agreed, and he’d have left with their best wishes. So I don’t really know why they would operate in this underhand manner. 
Will be interesting to see where FGR go now. There was speculation before Edwards that FGR might go for Emma Hayes!! Wonder if that’s back on the table? One thing I’m sure of is that they won’t appoint someone from the ‘usual merry-go-round’. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

As a semi-regular at FGR this season, I must say I’m rather disappointed in this. 
Edwards has been an excellent manager and there was no doubt that clubs would be interested in him, so there was always an understanding and realisation that he’d leave the club via another role rather than a sacking. But it’s a low blow in terms of the way it’s been done. 
I have no doubts whatsoever that had Watford asked if they could speak to him that FGR would have agreed, and he’d have left with their best wishes. So I don’t really know why they would operate in this underhand manner. 
Will be interesting to see where FGR go now. There was speculation before Edwards that FGR might go for Emma Hayes!! Wonder if that’s back on the table? One thing I’m sure of is that they won’t appoint someone from the ‘usual merry-go-round’. 

It's what I would expect from Watford's owners.

But if Edwards had integrity he would have told Watford to ask FGR for permission to speak to him first, permission they would have given.

Can't say I wish him well in his new job.