IGNORED

Mark Sykes Signed (Confirmed)

4 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Reviews from Oxford United fans are not pretty 

Then it all depends on what we're paying him.

He's played enough games for Oxford for them to form an opinion but they kept playing him. I'm sure whoever COD signs for some of our fans will be saying he's not very good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

With some of the pure vitriol COD suffered on here , this made me chuckle 

Let’s hope the poster is off the mark or I wish the lad good luck ! 

76CA7519-85B6-44C7-A103-0C6CF85EA442.jpeg

Well it does say that particular poster is a well known ‘member’…

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Welcome . Good to start our moves early and great for him To get ready for the Championship  in good time . It’s a big jump and he will have been through the physical tests and will know where he will have to get to 

Yes what I thinking we seem to be getting business done quicker than normal . Which is good and shows a positive direction 

• The title was changed to Mark Sykes Signed (Confirmed)
1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

With some of the pure vitriol COD suffered on here , this made me chuckle 

Let’s hope the poster is off the mark or I wish the lad good luck ! 

76CA7519-85B6-44C7-A103-0C6CF85EA442.jpeg

Is this comparing 8 goals in the last nine months compared to 8 goals in six years mind?

Can’t say I know anything about Sykes, but he fits the profile of the sort of signings we should be making IMO and adds balance to the squad.

We’ve been crying out for pace and width, certainly before Semenyo’s return from injury, and if he can offer us that on the right he’ll be doing well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Out of interest, when was the last time we announced a summer signing before the play off final had taken place? I am near certain it is our earliest summer signing since at least 2013 but am struggling to remember the order of signings in seasons before that…

Its because next season starts earlier than ever - winter World Cup 

• Like 1

Happy to trust Nige’s judgement on this one. Wonder if he would have ever signed O’Dowda :laugh:. United fans might not rate Sykes but how many times have we not rated a player and he’s gone on to exceed our expectations. Would be nice if the table was turned for once. Worth the gamble on a free. 

Interesting that like Darron Gibson, Shane Duffy and James McClean he was a Northern Ireland International from Belfast who then switched allegiance to the Republic. He has been called up to the full Rep of Ireland squad like Max O Leary. He knows Rob Atkinson from Oxford also.

3 hours ago, BLRed said:

Get the sense he’s not here to mess around. Wants to play and better himself and doesn’t care who’s toes he has to step on to get there. Need a bit of that steel and determination tbh

Yep, as I said earlier, one person’s “bad attitude” is another person’s “ambitious”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Interesting that like Darron Gibson, Shane Duffy and James McClean he was a Northern Ireland International from Belfast who then switched allegiance to the Republic. He has been called up to the full Rep of Ireland squad like Max O Leary. He knows Rob Atkinson from Oxford also.

Actually James is from Derry* which is the  equivalent of the Rougier brothers.

*he's also from Londonderry.

• Like 1