IGNORED

What Is Your…

Silvio Dante

This is one of those killing space at end of season trends that comes up on Twitter that I thought would be worth posting here for the same reason!

I’d add to the bottom if applicable “kids team” so fire away!

Mine, FWIW, are…

Grandads Team - Stoke. Grew up round there and played in goal for Stoke schoolboys with Stan Matthews

Dads team - Bristol City. Moved down this way and the most local decent club

Mums team - Bristol City. Because Dad dragged her into it. And she still goes now

Local team - League wise, closest, it’d be Rovers. But I’m having Yate Town

Your team - City. Obvs.

Kids team - City. They’re indoctrinated and I’d disown them otherwise!

• Like 1

Grandad, Doncaster Rovers

Dad, Bristol City, they moved down and they choose who was at home the following weekend out of city and rovers thank god it was city.

Mum, not interested in football.

local team Taunton Town.

Me, Bristol City.

My Children, Bristol City.

Grandad 1 - City (Season ticket holder 60's / 70's

Grandad 2 - Newcastle (no idea why, as he lived in Minehead

Mum / Dad - Not interested

Local team - Minehead (my Grandad lived next to their ground)

Me  - City (since 1970 age ?

Kids - daughter City (season tkt holder)

Edited by Sir Geoff
edit text

Grandads Team - Bristol City. Mum's dad grew up in Little Paradise, Bemmie and frequented the Gate until early 60s

Dad's team - Bristol City. Although born in Wales, he moved to WSM as a child. 

Mum's team - Bristol City. Because her dad supported them. She did attend games in 1950s with my dad, her sister, and her husband too. Up the City!!

Local team - Keynsham Town at the moment. I have a vague memory of going to watch them once as a child: my dad, my 6 foot 4 uncle, and two or three kids squashed up in my mum's old Mini going down to the ground.

Your team - Bristol City. For obvious reasons.

Kid's team - Bristol City. I don't have children but my niece now supports Bristol City, only from a distance though. We did go to Leeds away together when she was at uni there. 

Edited by exAtyeoMax

Grandads- neither were interested in football 

Dad- City, wasn’t interested in football until I started liking city aged 6. He’s lost interest and hasn’t been for 10 years plus though I hope to get him to a game with me and my daughter for old times sake! He still looks out for the results though.

mum- not interested in football 

local - Wick fc, I played there for 16 years and try to watch a few games each season.

Me - City, watched a lot from age of 6 , then in the old 1st div,until early 20s then only very occasionally. Since being a dad I’ve gone more often in recent years.

young un- City, took her to her first game aged 5 , 10 now. she loves it and nags for a season ticket but too many other interests etc means it’s not really viable for us at the moment.Try to go to at least half a dozen games a season.

Grandads - City (Dad's side) and Workington Town (Mum's side)

Dad - City

Mum - Not really bothered although came to Wembley for the playoff and JPT finals and will sometimes watch if we're on TV.

Local - Chester. Nearest FL team is Tranmere although that will change soon if Wrexham get promoted

Me - City

Kids - Don't have any, though my eldest nephew has started going to Tranmere with his Mum this season. My brother intends to bring him to a City away game when he's old enough.

Grandads Team - One City, one Rovers. 

Dads team - Bristol City. Funnily enough, his Dad was the Gashead! But my Dad ended up going to City with his mates so his allegiance was set then. 

Mums team - She'd probably say City. Has a thing for Kevin De Bruyne though. 

Local team - City, in terms of a football league club.

Your team - City. Never pushed into it by my Dad but caught the bug still. Wouldn't change it. 

39 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Grandads Team - Bristol City. Mum's dad grew up in Little Paradise, Bemmie and frequented the Gate until early 60s

My Gran was born in Little Paradise, but never interested in football

Grandad's - City, from St Johns Lane days

Dad - Bristol City

Mum - Bristol City (after being weaned off Bristol Rugby)

Local- only City

Me - City

Daughter - Real Sociedad (she lives in San Sebastian)

• Like 1

Grandad - Supported Derby County and Bristol City

Dad - Bristol City

Mum - Not interested in football.

Local team - Hard to say really. Trowbridge Town are basically non existent these days so most likely Bradford Town.

My team - Bristol City

Grandads Team - No memory of either, was told one was into cricket big time

Dads team - Chester

Mums team - Tottenham

Local team - City were the closest EFL club, Bath/Yeovil if you went down a few non league divisions 

Your team - Bristol City (interesting category for a City forum :laugh: )

Edited by Lrrr

Grandad's team - Sligeach GAA, he wouldn't have been caught dead watching "soccer"

Dad's team - Bristol City, was never into football until I convinced him to start going to Ashton Gate (saturdays were one of my days with him, and I would spend most of it at the football ?).

Mum's team - Arsenal, my introduction to football although I very quickly realised I wanted to support my local team.

Local team - Plymouth Argyle, gutted they didn't go up was looking forward to an away day I could walk to

My team - Bristol City... obviously

My Mum’s family are gas, but she’s been married to my Dad for 60 years in October & has never shown any interest in them or too much in football in general.

The rest for me is all City, my grandad & dad were/are from BS3 & I now live there.

Very much a “local team for local people” on my paternal side of the family..

31 minutes ago, Atyeo's lift said:

My Gran was born in Little Paradise, but never interested in football

Grandad's - City, from St Johns Lane days

Dad - Bristol City

Mum - Bristol City (after being weaned off Bristol Rugby)

Local- only City

Me - City

Daughter - Real Sociedad (she lives in San Sebastian)

Ahh, I don't know when he moved away from there, probably early 1920s when he got married and moved to Knowle.

Such a shame what's left of it…

• Like 1

Granddad's Team Bristol City/Rovers. Supported both but only took me to City

Dad's Team Not interested in football 

Mum's Team Not really interested in football but admired Bobby Charlton as a player and a person so possibly Manchester United

Uncle's Team Bristol City all the way. After Grandad felt unable my uncle took me to matches home and away. Played in goal for Bristol Boys, British Army (during national service) and was on the books of Burnley and WBA

Local Team Bristol City (league) Melksham Town (non league) 

My Team Bristol City all the way

• Like 1

Grandads Team - Rovers, he was a season ticket holder his whole life, last time I saw him before he died was at the Eastville Club playing skittles which was quite fitting!

Dads team - Bristol City, my Dad is born and bred in Pill.

Mums team - Rovers, she met my Dad at a Rovers match as City away game was cancelled so my dad and his mates went to watch the Rovers game as was the done thing back in the day, luckily for me!

Local team - Mangotsfield Utd is closest to Downend I guess, I’ve had a few mates down the years play for the Mango’s

Your team - Bristol City!

Kids team - Bristol City.  I also bought my nephew a City shirt for his first 18 birthdays to make sure he had a life of mostly misery as well!

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Grandad 1 - City (Season ticket holder 60's / 70's

Grandad 2 - Newcastle (no idea why, as he lived in Minehead

Mum / Dad - Not interested

Local team - Minehead (my Grandad lived next to their ground)

Me  - City (since 1970 age ?

Kids - daughter City (season tkt holder)

We followed city to play in Minehead  for some tournament.with a load of Bemi downers in the late sixties.we made a local young copper turn red by singing whos that man with the helmet on—— Dixon Dixon of Dock green

No idea about either of my grandfathers teams because both had passed on before I was born. 

My dad was a City supporter and took me to AG for the first time when I was about 6 years old. Can’t remember who we were playing, which has always bugged me! Atyeo was playing though!

My mum supported City because we did!

I’ve never supported a local team. The highs and lows of supporting City has been enough for me!

When I was a boy, my eldest brother’s father in law was a Rovers supporter. A lovely man who last went to see them on his 100th birthday. He’d take me with him to Eastville every other week to watch “The Gas” well before they were called “The Gas” - the team of Biggs, Jarman, Hillard and Hall. Enjoyed watching football but never loved them because City were always in my heart. My team. Season ticket holder for forty odd years. 

My boys were both taken to AG whilst still “in arms” and remain supporters today although living well away from Bristol- one abroad!

For completeness, I should mention my wife. In the late 80’s, before we’d married, she asked to come with me to AG. I resisted because she’d never expressed any interest in football and watching City was what I did, not what we did. I capitulated and took her to a midweek match against, I think, Chesterfield where it was blowing a gale and chucking it down. I can’t be arsed to research it but it was a dreadful match which I think ended goalless. My consolation was that at least it would put an end to the insanity of her wanting to ever return with me to AG. She’s now been a season ticket holder for more than 30 years. :hug:

• Haha 1

Granddad - no interest in football at.

Father - the same

Mum - the same

Me - always City since aged 12.

Brother - never had a brother.

Local team as a kid - Southampton ( I was brought up on the edge of Salisbury Plain)

Son - no interest in any sport of any kind. He’s very creative and spends his time painting and building things. He’s a pastry chef by profession. Designs fancy cakes and stuff.

Daughter - little interest in football but is an enthusiastic runner. Does half marathons and training to do a full marathon.

Grandads Team - although born and raised in Surrey/Sussex, for some strange reason my Grandad was a Wolves fan, although could never tell us why!

Dads team - Bristol Bears (both parents are Bears ST holders). Saying that, I have been to watch Ciry with him, although the last time I can remember doing so was against Forest in the home leg of the league Cup semi-final! He does always ask how City are doing though.

Mums team - doesn't show any interest in football

Local team - nearest team to me are Bristol Manor Farm (I'm about 200 yards from The Creek). Thankfully I'm closer to Ashton Gate than the Swamp

Your team - City

Kids team - City. The oldest and youngest of my three daughters show no to little interest in football but the middle one is a big City fan. As she has been playing football herself for a number of years now, she leans more towards the women's team than the men's though.

Grandad on mums side wasn't really into football from what I remember. 

Grandad on dads side used to say arsenal but again, I dont think he really cares.

Dad: City

Mum: doesn't care. Would probably say City if pushed.

Local: now its manchester united/salford  (I'm equal distance between the two). Growing up it was Stoke City.

Me: City

Kid: he's only 4 and not really showing any interest yet....and lets be honest, living where we do I have a bit of a fight on my hands to stop him from supporting one of the two manchester clubs .. He already has 7 bristol city kits and knows the words to blackbird.... so I'm doing my best.:city:

• Like 1

Grandfather … City

Dad …. Bristol Rugby - he tried soooo hard to get me into Rugby

Mum …. City (armchair supporter)

Local Team(s) …. Torquay/Exeter, previous Tamworth ( Wembley Vase Final was up there as one of the best, think 20,000 travelled from a town of 40,000)

Sister … City (doesn’t even meet armchair status though)

Nephew and Nephew’s son (by indoctrination and who could fail to be when their first experience was that Millwall match sat in A Block - gulp)… City 

additions…

Ex wife … City - but came from a family of staunch Gasheads, so should’ve known it was I’ll-fated.

Partner … City (has managed just one game in 25+ years!)

Partner’s Daughter … abject failure

Ex ‘Son in Law’ - was an (active) Man U but converted to City (the Tomlin Fulham away clinched it), he may have reverted back to glory-hunter status.

‘Grandchild’ … under review, can I heap more misery and failure on another generation?

Grandfathers - my dad’s dad was a Bristol City fan and my mum’s dad, born in Manchester, was a Man City fan. 

Dad - Bristol City

Mum - doesn’t like football, but would say Bristol City out of family loyalty. 

Local team - City are my nearest league team. Brislington my closest non league team. 

My kids - Bristol City

Grandads Team - Bristol City…eventually. He followed Rovers because his son (my uncle) is a big Rovers fan but i asked him to take me to a city game when i was younger and we’ve been season ticket holders ever since!

Dad's team - Not interested in football unfortunately, or sport full stop for that matter unless it involves motorbikes!

Mum's team - Bristol City but only due to my interest, otherwise she’s not overly interested.

Local team - Taunton Town. I live close but have never been, really should take in a game someday soon!

Your team - Bristol City.

Kid's team - Bristol City but he doesn’t know it yet, he’s only 2 months old!

• Haha 1