Jump to content
IGNORED

New Podcast - Brian Tinnion on the Past season, Present and Future in the Academy including insight into the Guernsey connection! EXCLUSIVE on Tim Ap Sion


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

We seem to have Guernsey sown up, what about Alderney and Sark? Have we looked there? 

We need to move quick as I understand the Sags are looking to set up a scouting network, with s view to an academy

 

 on Lundy 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

We seem to have Guernsey sown up, what about Alderney and Sark? Have we looked there? 

There`s only about twelve people live on Sark, might as well invite them all over for a trial.

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

We need to move quick as I understand the Sags are looking to set up a scouting network, with s view to an academy

 

 on Lundy 

Flatholm with a satellite facility on Steepholm.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Tim Ap Sion - Welsh druid ancestry? 

Tim, son of Sion (or Shaun in English).

I like the way they all called him Tim Apsion :laughcont:

.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Tim Ap Sion - Welsh druid ancestry? 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Tim, son of Sion (or Shaun in English).

I like the way they all called him Tim Apsion :laughcont:

.

 

Dad called Geraint!

For info, he looks like a real athlete!!!

https://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profile.aspx?athleteid=948204

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

We seem to have Guernsey sown up, what about Alderney and Sark? Have we looked there? 

And when i'm done with Guernsey i've got an Alderney, Sark, Angelsey, you know because my scou- Jersey.

 

download.jpeg-1.jpg

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent , interesting Podcast

Certainly the most interesting from all the Pods over the season for me - Thankyou

We have been able to see the exciting and interesting pushing through and in U23 performances and listening to BT , unless he’s embellishing the potential , which anyone knowing him will know he’s not , we really do have a high number of young players , pushing at various degrees towards the first team.

Not only that , it appears to be , not just one small batch who come together in an age group occasionally, but groups / batches of scholars , new pros , etc that have the potential to be first team players

Still a road ahead for all of them , but very encouraging and something for fans to keep an eye on ,enjoy , and anticipate over the next 5-7 years.

It would appear that our academy / scholar recruitment has been better , and more efficient than our first team set up over the last few years !

Nice one , very enjoyable listen

The futures bright ......the futures RED

COYR

  • Like 5
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Excellent , interesting Podcast

Certainly the most interesting from all the Pods over the season for me - Thankyou

We have been able to see the exciting and interesting pushing through and in U23 performances and listening to BT , unless he’s embellishing the potential , which anyone knowing him will know he’s not , we really do have a high number of young players , pushing at various degrees towards the first team.

Not only that , it appears to be , not just one small batch who come together in an age group occasionally, but groups / batches of scholars , new pros , etc that have the potential to be first team players

Still a road ahead for all of them , but very encouraging and something for fans to keep an eye on ,enjoy , and anticipate over the next 5-7 years.

It would appear that our academy / scholar recruitment has been better , and more efficient than our first team set up over the last few years !

Nice one , very enjoyable listen

The futures bright ......the futures RED

COYR

Listened this morning , and agree with the comments above really interesting to hear from ‘Tina’ more for me about the type of players coming through. Thank you @3 Peaps In A PodCast

One for debate maybe, if we’re looking to see Bell and Conway as our future front two and certainly sounds like both will be out on loan next season at some point. Is it worth sending them to the same club to get more experience of playing together in league / non league football?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was an excellent podcast. Good to know what potential there is working hard to force their way into the first team squad. A fairly long list of promising youngsters and the future certainly looks good for City.

Interesting to hear BT explain how each young players development determines what and where the next step is for them and him highlighting the benefits of loan moves and playing regular mens football.

A good listen - especially as Ian Gay wasn’t involved to pour scorn on it…………..:rofl2br:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thumbs up to a great interview, really worth a listen. 

Really informative and exciting, and shows what a hugely positive influence Tins is having at the club.

Good to hear Shag Connors and The Carrot Crunchers at the end too. :yes:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, daored said:

Listened this morning , and agree with the comments above really interesting to hear from ‘Tina’ more for me about the type of players coming through. Thank you @3 Peaps In A PodCast

One for debate maybe, if we’re looking to see Bell and Conway as our future front two and certainly sounds like both will be out on loan next season at some point. Is it worth sending them to the same club to get more experience of playing together in league / non league football?

Interesting point and it did cross my mind when he was talking about them (Anyone whose seen them together in U23s can see how they work so well together ) but 

Firstly it would probably be difficult to find a club , and the right club , to take them both.

And it would probably do their long term education better , to play with different partners , and in different ways - I didn’t realise they’d played together so long , and their friendship or understanding won’t wane if separated for a while - it would likely make them even more potent, with some extra knowledge, when reunited.

Tinnion really is a square peg in a square hole isn’t he - Very level headed , and has a great understanding and vision as to how these young players should be developed , each individually to a evolving plan

Really interesting times - we’ve had the odd batch of promising youngsters over the years but I’m not sure we’ve had a potential assembly line over several age groups as we appear to have now .

We have struggled for most times to achieve the transition to first team football with many but that transition now appears to be planned and managed so much better.

Some of our most promising youngsters in previous years also fell away , not because of natural ability (We have had some absolute diamonds ability wise) but through lack of desire or dedication required.

What I really was encouraged by , in what Tins had to say , more so about the ability coming through , was his glowing comments about their attitude , and desire to learn - That really is a green light for me 

Loved a couple of Tinnions down to earth comments, giving an insight into how he looks after attitudes , such as ‘They are playing in Championship for Bristol City , they will play where they’re told’ (With a chuckle) 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That was an excellent podcast. Good to know what potential there is working hard to force their way into the first team squad. A fairly long list of promising youngsters and the future certainly looks good for City.

Interesting to hear BT explain how each young players development determines what and where the next step is for them and him highlighting the benefits of loan moves and playing regular mens football.

A good listen - especially as Ian Gay wasn’t involved to pour scorn on it…………..:rofl2br:

A shame Ian wasn’t part of it

 

 

 

He could have put Tins right on a few things

  • Haha 4
  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, billywedlock said:

These are the podcasts you should be doing. Having people who know what they are talking about. Chalk and cheese. 

Why would you compare an interview where a club employee does 90% of the talking (and who you'd expect to know what he's talking about on his specialist subject) to podcasts where fans simply give their opinions, and on all aspects of the club?

Chalk and cheese.

P. S Headhunter invited you to be on a pre season panel of FBC - are you going to take him up on his offer?

 

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

A shame Ian wasn’t part of it

 

 

 

He could have put Tins right on a few things

His best was “Vince Harper - 6’2” likes a tackle”.  Anyone who’s actually seen Harper play would know that he’d never seen him.

I like Tins attention to detail too.  I get the impression him and Nige are very aligned.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Interesting point and it did cross my mind when he was talking about them (Anyone whose seen them together in U23s can see how they work so well together ) but 

Firstly it would probably be difficult to find a club , and the right club , to take them both.

And it would probably do their long term education better , to play with different partners , and in different ways - I didn’t realise they’d played together so long , and their friendship or understanding won’t wane if separated for a while - it would likely make them even more potent, with some extra knowledge, when reunited.

Tinnion really is a square peg in a square hole isn’t he - Very level headed , and has a great understanding and vision as to how these young players should be developed , each individually to a evolving plan

Really interesting times - we’ve had the odd batch of promising youngsters over the years but I’m not sure we’ve had a potential assembly line over several age groups as we appear to have now .

We have struggled for most times to achieve the transition to first team football with many but that transition now appears to be planned and managed so much better.

Some of our most promising youngsters in previous years also fell away , not because of natural ability (We have had some absolute diamonds ability wise) but through lack of desire or dedication required.

What I really was encouraged by , in what Tins had to say , more so about the ability coming through , was his glowing comments about their attitude , and desire to learn - That really is a green light for me 

Loved a couple of Tinnions down to earth comments, giving an insight into how he looks after attitudes , such as ‘They are playing in Championship for Bristol City , they will play where they’re told’ (With a chuckle) 

Agree it would be difficult to find a club willing to take on both, but just question whether the club would look at it as an option. Your comment about different partners is a a very valid one and will certainly improve their respective games playing with different players and styles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

His best was “Vince Harper - 6’2” likes a tackle”.  Anyone who’s actually seen Harper play would know that he’d never seen him.

I like Tins attention to detail too.  I get the impression him and Nige are very aligned.

That certainly comes across, I think there are many questions about Pearson but his acceptance to use younger players and invite them to train with the first team is positive. Personally I believe it to be one of the main reasons he’s still here he can see the talent that’s here and is probably excited (well as excited as Pearson can be!!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, daored said:

That certainly comes across, I think there are many questions about Pearson but his acceptance to use younger players and invite them to train with the first team is positive. Personally I believe it to be one of the main reasons he’s still here he can see the talent that’s here and is probably excited (well as excited as Pearson can be!!)

I think it might act as a bit of a trial / benchmarking of each player as well as a carrot.  Do well in the 23s, “come up and train with the first team”, let’s see how they cope whilst also giving them a early sight at the levels they need to attain.

To hear Jamie Knight-Lebel (just 17) has had some time up with the first team group…and then had great feedback too is amazing. First time I saw him on his 23s debut I was amazed he was so composed for a 16 year old.

I didn’t realise Tommy Backwell had some time too. Good that they’ve taken note than he was small for his age and given him a bit more time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His best was “Vince Harper - 6’2” likes a tackle”.  Anyone who’s actually seen Harper play would know that he’d never seen him.

I like Tins attention to detail too.  I get the impression him and Nige are very aligned.

Yes - it sounds so , with mutual trust

10 minutes ago, daored said:

That certainly comes across, I think there are many questions about Pearson but his acceptance to use younger players and invite them to train with the first team is positive. Personally I believe it to be one of the main reasons he’s still here he can see the talent that’s here and is probably excited (well as excited as Pearson can be!!)

An excellent point - I’ve wondered at times whether NP might think - I’ve too much to do here , more than I want or need , but when you hear Tins , and see what’s coming through I did think it must help and entice NP to forge on - I can imagine the fact that BT highlights their attitude , hunger and desire to learn , it’s quite an enticing and appealing project which I can imagine appealing to him

 

( Sorry to disappoint  the Pearson out contingent )

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...