Jump to content
IGNORED

FA Cup Chelsea v Liverpool


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Why are Chelsea wearing yellow? Would have thought they would stick to blue for this one. 

 

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

Yeah I just turned it on and wondered this

Think they said it was Tuchel's decision as he'd had success with Dortmund playing in all yellow in a cup final.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gazred said:

 

Think they said it was Tuchel's decision as he'd had success with Dortmund playing in all yellow in a cup final.

I think he should let Chelsea play using their own club identity not someone else's. What a knob.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember the proper cup finals years ago.

3pm kick off, both BBC and ITV programmes started at 9am and went on until 6pm.

Back then the FA cup was something very special. 

I’ve had no desire to watch a cup final for well over ten years now, and I’m not going to start today.

  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks said:

I remember the proper cup finals years ago.

3pm kick off, both BBC and ITV programmes started at 9am and went on until 6pm.

Back then the FA cup was something very special. 

I’ve had no desire to watch a cup final for well over ten years now, and I’m not going to start today.

Yeh, those were the days - TV cameras following the coaches from hotel to Wembley…..made a proper day of it then 👍

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I remember the proper cup finals years ago.

3pm kick off, both BBC and ITV programmes started at 9am and went on until 6pm.

Back then the FA cup was something very special. 

I’ve had no desire to watch a cup final for well over ten years now, and I’m not going to start today.

My wife asked if it was the Cup Final today and I didn't know. It's definitely not the same anymore.

Instead I've been watching the ice hockey world championship on the Freesport channel. Last year Britain qualified to be in the world's top 10. Those ten play each other with the bottom one dropping back into a lower tier. Team GB lost the first eight games as did France. In the final  game France took a 3-0 lead, but GB won 4-3! Today was the first day of this years championship. GB took on the Czechs. 0-0 after the first  interval and surprisingly GB had 6 shots to just 4 by the Czechs. As he game went on the Czech's playing superiority came through and they won. It didn't help when our best forward went off after just 10 mins after being struck in the teeth by a Czech hockey stick.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It’s lost it’s appeal now they play it when there are still Prem games to be played. Preferred it when it was the weekend after leagues finished. 
Used to love the build up with its a knockout etc and cameras following the coaches in.

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I remember the proper cup finals years ago.

3pm kick off, both BBC and ITV programmes started at 9am and went on until 6pm.

Back then the FA cup was something very special. 

I’ve had no desire to watch a cup final for well over ten years now, and I’m not going to start today.

Spot on,on holiday down south playing poker(losing as normal) and have no intention of going inside to watch it,it’s just not the same

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I remember the proper cup finals years ago.

3pm kick off, both BBC and ITV programmes started at 9am and went on until 6pm.

Back then the FA cup was something very special. 

I’ve had no desire to watch a cup final for well over ten years now, and I’m not going to start today.

I took my dad in 2010ish for Chelsea vs Portsmouth. To me it wasn’t that much of an event, but to him it meant the world.  The FA cup final was a huge deal to his generation. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

It’s lost it’s appeal now they play it when there are still Prem games to be played. Preferred it when it was the weekend after leagues finished. 

Agree. When did that happen anyway? Was only today I realised that was the way now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I remember the proper cup finals years ago.

3pm kick off, both BBC and ITV programmes started at 9am and went on until 6pm.

Back then the FA cup was something very special. 

I’ve had no desire to watch a cup final for well over ten years now, and I’m not going to start today.

Yep and the streets were empty during the game. I recall cycling across Taunton on the day of the Arsenal v Man Utd final in 1979 and not seeing a soul on the way.

I used to be able to name the winners and scorers of every final since the first one I remember (1968) until about the late nineties but didn`t even know who was in the final this year until I saw the fixtures earlier.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I remember the proper cup finals years ago.

3pm kick off, both BBC and ITV programmes started at 9am and went on until 6pm.

Back then the FA cup was something very special. 

I’ve had no desire to watch a cup final for well over ten years now, and I’m not going to start today.

Agree, cup final day was always special, used to watch all of it, go out and play football after the game finished and watch the highlights later, 100,000 at the old Wembley it was always a great day in the football calendar. Rarely watch these days and quite often don't even know who is in the final until the day, I am watching today tho and quite enjoying it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Yep and the streets were empty during the game. I recall cycling across Taunton on the day of the Arsenal v Man Utd final in 1979 and not seeing a soul on the way.

I used to be able to name the winners and scorers of every final since the first one I remember (1968) until about the late nineties but didn`t even know who was in the final this year until I saw the fixtures earlier.

The fact that all the media were on about all week was the ‘Race for the top four’ rather than the FA Cup Final says it all really

It doesn’t help that Through the 70s and 80s there were some great stories and ‘journeys’ , Sunderland , Newcastle ,Fulham , Ipswich , West Ham, QPR , Spurs , Palace.....

In recent years and for some time it’s been dominated by 4 or so Clubs , for whom an FA Cup Final isn’t really a big deal - it’s a trophy but no special event -   where’s the ‘stories’ from the last 10-15 years ,... Wigan...but few and far between

For all those other Clubs  I mentioned, let alone clubs like us , who can only dream , it would still be a massive deal 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

The fact that all the media were on about all week was the ‘Race for the top four’ rather than the FA Cup Final says it all really

It doesn’t help that Through the 70s and 80s there were some great stories and ‘journeys’ , Sunderland , Newcastle ,Fulham , Ipswich , West Ham, QPR , Spurs , Palace.....

In recent years and for some time it’s been dominated by 4 or so Clubs , for whom an FA Cup Final isn’t really a big deal - it’s a trophy but no special event -   where’s the ‘stories’ from the last 10-15 years ,... Wigan...but few and far between

For all those other Clubs  I mentioned, let alone clubs like us , who can only dream , it would still be a massive deal 

I can still see Keith Houchen`s diving header for Coventry in my mind to this day.

And Sir Gerry playing for Man City v Spurs of course.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Yep and the streets were empty during the game. I recall cycling across Taunton on the day of the Arsenal v Man Utd final in 1979 and not seeing a soul on the way.

I used to be able to name the winners and scorers of every final since the first one I remember (1968) until about the late nineties but didn`t even know who was in the final this year until I saw the fixtures earlier.

Your post got me thinking (I’m similar and could name the teams , results , scorers through 70s and 80s but last 10-15 years , clueless

But , for a bit of fun I tried just now to name the Sunderland 1973 Final side - Without looking , I’m short of three

Can you or anyone name the eleven from memory ? 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Your post got me thinking (I’m similar and could name the teams , results , scorers through 70s and 80s but last 10-15 years , clueless

But , for a bit of fun I tried just now to name the Sunderland 1973 Final side - Without looking , I’m short of three

Can you or anyone name the eleven from memory ? 😁

Wasn't it Ian Porterfield who scored for Sunderland ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Your post got me thinking (I’m similar and could name the teams , results , scorers through 70s and 80s but last 10-15 years , clueless

But , for a bit of fun I tried just now to name the Sunderland 1973 Final side - Without looking , I’m short of three

Can you or anyone name the eleven from memory ? 😁

Montgomery in goal having a blinder and Porterfield scoring the winner but after that I`m struggling a bit.

Dave Watson, Vic Halom, Bobby Kerr, Mick Horswill, Dennis Tueart?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...