IGNORED

Nigel Pearson will be on Sounds of the City

5 hours ago, Selred said:

Vyner, Moore, Palmer and ? Pring perhaps?

Why Pring?

He made his first start for City this season and went on to make 34 appearances in all competitions.

He's made tremendous progress and had a really good season.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Why Pring?

He made his first start for City this season and went on to make 34 appearances in all competitions.

As both Nige and Tinman have stated.

• Like 1

Clearly moore, bakinson, palmer and vyner. Baker to add to that with a likely but unfortunate retirement (speculation) and wells to follow should we manage to retain semenyo.

also feel that kalas could be moved on later in the window should he not accept reduced wages on a longer term deal 

• Like 2

Just listened to it, i think the joe williams comments about his availability are slightly misleading, he may have been available in theory, but clearly no one was willing to risk him in midweek games if he had played the previous weekend!

we need to see now what happens with our defence next season, cause unless that’s significantly improved then all the straight talking wont be of much benefit. The baker situation needs to be resolved, along with the obvious 4 he’s referring to, plus massengo bentley and kalas who all have transfer value and could leave for nothing in a year.

12 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Did I miss hear him refer to ‘that shit’ (Was it about Sky ?) 

He makes me laugh - he’s a grumpy sod to interview but you can see where his openness and other attributes gets the right players onboard 

Yes, referring to Sky Sports he said “I don’t want this shit on”! 

Chant for next season then, “Nigel says, Sky Sports is shit, Sky Sports is shit, Sky Sports is shit!”. ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Over the course of last season there was a lot of negativity aimed at NP,  football always has been a results industry, but even NP critics must have listened to that and gone away thinking we are in good hands. 

I think when you hear reactive comments like he should resign or be sacked they’re emotive responses. As you say you’ve only got to listen to what he says to understand the clubs current position, the positive for me is Pearson clearly does and yet he wants to stay , that suggests he also sees positives and believes he can improve us. He’s had plenty of opportunities to walk away should he have wanted to (with his health etc). I’ve not seen anyone come up with an alternative 

10 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Why Pring?

Only guessing, as he didn't make the bench the final few games of the season.

29 minutes ago, Selred said:

Only guessing, as he didn't make the bench the final few games of the season.

Fair enough, but something extraordinary would have to have happened after he was trusted by the manager for so much of the season.

I suspect he was just off form, or knackered, after an arduous first season at this level, but should come back rejuvenated after the break.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Fair enough, but something extraordinary would have to have happened after he was trusted by the manager for so much of the season.

I suspect he was just off form, or knackered, after an arduous first season at this level, but should come back rejuvenated after the break.

Plus Nigel dismissed what he called conspiracy theories about Pring and went on to say how well he had done.