IGNORED

Callum Joining Cardiff (Official)

CiderJar

It’s difficult to thank him for his services, because in the main he’s been shite and uninspiring.

He has been here 6 years, SIX! And I can only recall 2 moments of quality.

I think just a goodbye would suffice…

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Or Moore was my thoughts FWIW, but someone said COD, but we were all guessing.

Whatever we think I’ll be amazed if O’Dowda isn’t playing Championship football next season & Ipswich clearly won’t be..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A poster on here of good standing reckons a work colleague spotted Mark Ashton on a train from Bristol to London this morning.  2+2=5???

Used to live here, would it be that surprising? Wonder where he lives now.

• Robin 1

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A poster on here of good standing reckons a work colleague spotted Mark Ashton on a train from Bristol to London this morning.  2+2=5???

How things have changed. It used to be spying at the Avon Gorge Hotel, but now it’s Bristol Temple Meads 

Promised so much but delivered very little overall. Possibly not helped by being played in god knows how many positions/formations, definitely not helped by the injuries.

Best all round that he moves on. Would be surprised if he moves to another Championship club that will be anywhere near the top 10 next season. 

• Like 1

Nothing at all against him personally, as I don’t know him. 

But this is great news to save his wage- sadly has never performed to the level we expected, or that his build/attributes suggest he could. 

even should he go elsewhere in the champ- it’ll be the same story, inconsistent and lightweight. 

59 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I really liked O’Dowda and he gave us some fabulous moments but sadly no more than that.  I hope he succeeds elsewhere but it will be very interesting whether his fitness improves away from Ashton Gate.

How many "fabulous moments" in six years?

A couple or three is my estimate!

2017-18 season COD was at his best. Got injured and was never the near the same. It was a long time ago. 

I wish we were able to keep Niclas Eliasson over COD over these years. Wouldn't surprise me if NE got more assists in that one season than COD has his entire career here, he was exciting to watch. 

Edited by Sturny
  • Like 2