IGNORED

Callum Joining Cardiff (Official)

CiderJar

• The title was changed to Callum Joining Cardiff (Official)

Not only do we get rid of the biggest wastes of a wage in years and arguably our greatest ever underachiever, but to one of our biggest rivals as well! 

Given the reception club legends like Pack and Flint have had playing for Cardiff one would think O’Dowda (who achieved less in six years then either of the aforementioned did in six games) will be ridiculed mercilessly next season. 

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Retire now. Your otib career doesn’t get higher than this. ? ???

The Gas would’ve been better but fair shout mate!

• Sad 1

Guaranteed to score on his debut, and then go anonymous after a month with them.

They will be looking at that highlights reel and thinking they've signed a world beater.

The reality is, that a number of the "Highlights" have him in an Oxford shirt, which just about tells you everything about what he's achieved with us over the last 6 years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Ha ha they're gassing this up a bit ... goal and assists ... Good god.

Good news for us though as our rivals have got significantly weaker.

Screenshot_20220608-170129_Twitter.jpg

From Callum O'Dowda - Goals, Assists & Stats | FootyStats

They've signed a winner there.

Callum O'Dowda is a Midfielder who has appeared in 20 matches this season in Championship, playing a total of 1260 minutes. Callum O'Dowda gets an average of 0 assists for every 90 minutes that the player is on the pitch. See how they rank against other Championship Players.

Callum O'Dowda scored a total of 1 goals so far this season in the league, which places them at 9th in the Bristol City squad's Top Scorers list.

ank by Output (Current League)
  • Goal Rank

249th / 558 Players
  •  
  • Assist Rank

541st / 558 Players

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Haha 6

Am I the only who's feeling mildly sad at this, he came to us with an exciting air around him, and has shown sparks of excellence. However, through injuries and positional problems, he's never reached close to the potential I've longed for him to acheive.

By all means the right choice for us to let him go, but leaves me with a 'what could have been' feeling.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Am I the only who's feeling mildly sad at this, he came to us with an exciting air around him, and has shown sparks of excellence. However, through injuries and positional problems, he's never reached close to the potential I've longed for him to acheive.

By all means the right choice for us to let him go, but leaves me with a 'what could have been' feeling.

Maybe a little unkind?.............but for me he lacks the cojones to make it?   He is the runt of the litter, always injured or taking the easy option.  As i say, i am probably being unkind, but lets see how often he plays for Cardiff next season?  PS. Just read on the Post forum, that Callum states that at 27, he is just about to hit his prime?  Well that's that then?, because if COD ever hits anything?...............he's out injured for 3 months?

Edited by maxjak

He left Oxford at the same time as Kemar Roofe and IIRC we were told Callum would end up being the better player of the two. Neither have really torn it up though - Roofe did well at Leeds to start with, went to Anderlecht and did OK but seems to have plateaued a bit at Rangers.

He`s had the better career out of the two though I would say.

I thought he would end up somewhere like there, he will suit their direct style of play. Plus he scored a screamer against them once.

At the end of the day his goals/assists/hookedathalftime stats are absolutely horrific and it was right that we got rid.

He is a Championship level player but only showed it here for about 3 months in 6 years.

He might do well at Caerdydd but it wasn't gonna happen for him here so its a good move for all parties I think

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

No you are right.

In true impartial Ian Gay "Stats prove everything" fashion. To do justice to COD maybe we need to look at his output from the previous season's sterling service with us:-

Image preview

Edited by NcnsBcfc

20 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Yes.

I thought he'd be shite from day one and he's stayed here 50% longer then he ever should have. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He left Oxford at the same time as Kemar Roofe and IIRC we were told Callum would end up being the better player of the two. Neither have really torn it up though - Roofe did well at Leeds to start with, went to Anderlecht and did OK but seems to have plateaued a bit at Rangers.

Yeah, just a bit - played europa cup final last month  

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Roofe would have been the infinitely superior signing. 

Together with Reid and Patterson we could have played tippy tappy pass and move for fun, rather than just for a few months at the end of 2017. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, mind. 

• Like 1