IGNORED

Callum Joining Cardiff (Official)

CiderJar

Lee Tomlin has called him a snake on Instagram! ?

O’Dowda meanwhile says of signing for Cardiff:

“I’m at a stage in my career where I’m hungry, I want to achieve as much as I can, and I feel as though I could be hitting my prime now. So, it’s all about kicking on with the right team, the right manager and a fantastic club."

Edited by One Team
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, One Team said:

“I’m at a stage in my career where I’m hungry, I want to achieve as much as I can, and I feel as though I could be hitting my prime now. So, it’s all about kicking on with the right team, the right manager and a fantastic club."

So why are you signing for the wrong team, shite club and millwall slag manager then,  mate? Duh. 

Mind you, if Tomlin's having a pop, you must be doing something right. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

50 minutes ago, One Team said:

Tomlin was at this stage with ALL his clubs !

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

If he does as much for Cardiff as he did for us I think we’d still be left with no regrets about letting him go. 

That really says it all I think. 

I’ve always thought there was a player in there, still might be but I just don’t care, it wasn’t going to happen here and that’s been clear for years.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I think Tomlin's "snake" comment might be a round about dig at us, in that Matty Taylor was a "snake" when we pulled the Blue Fews pants down (intimating that we've lost out and Crapdiff have done well by picking COD up).

Three things from my perspective - 1) I'm glad COD is gone, so don't really care. 2) I reckon COD has pulled their pants down by securing a 3 year deal, and 3) I think Tomlin is a dumbo anyway (to the extent that if he told me it was raining I'd still want to look out the window to check).

Move on, we've got bigger fish to fry...?

Edited by BS3City
Additional material...?
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, One Team said:

Not only do we get rid of the biggest wastes of a wage in years and arguably our greatest ever underachiever, but to one of our biggest rivals as well! 

Given the reception club legends like Pack and Flint have had playing for Cardiff one would think O’Dowda (who achieved less in six years then either of the aforementioned did in six games) will be ridiculed mercilessly next season. 

The Gas would’ve been better but fair shout mate!

Cods gone not palmer

• Like 1

I really liked COD and thanks for the memories. Different manager and different system. I don't think he kicked on enough after signing an improved contract but obviously injuries didn't help.

What is it with Welsh clubs and our ex players? We're obviously the envy of them to such an extent that one of them even changed their colour to red.

They wish they were English.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, One Team said:

He thought it was a little opportunity for the desperate waster to feel relevant 

22 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

He thought it was a little opportunity for the desperate waster to feel relevant 

Or a bit of light hearted banter between friends? I doubt Tomlin or any other footballer thinks posting an emoji on Social Media has any sort of relevancy to anyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swede said:

I really liked COD and thanks for the memories. Different manager and different system. I don't think he kicked on enough after signing an improved contract but obviously injuries didn't help.

What is it with Welsh clubs and our ex players? We're obviously the envy of them to such an extent that one of them even changed their colour to red.

They wish they were English.

I think our proximity is the draw for Cardiff & Swansea.

The former have previously signed Flint, Pack, Tomlin & Reid directly from us, the latter Korey, Paterson & Walsh.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, BS3City said:

I think Tomlin's "snake" comment might be a round about dig at us, in that Matty Taylor was a "snake" when we pulled the Blue Fews pants down (intimating that we've lost out and Crapdiff have done well by picking COD up).

Three things from my perspective - 1) I'm glad COD is gone, so don't really care. 2) I reckon COD has pulled their pants down by securing a 3 year deal, and 3) I think Tomlin is a dumbo anyway (to the extent that if he told me it was raining I'd still want to look out the window to check).

Move on, we've got bigger fish to fry...?

Often comments and tweets in our favour when we play Cardiff 

As ex City and Swansea he's taking the piss out of COD for joining them 

15 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Or a bit of light hearted banter between friends? I doubt Tomlin or any other footballer thinks posting an emoji on Social Media has any sort of relevancy to anyone.

There are plenty of other players wishing him luck with a single emoji….. not Tomlin though he couldn't resist…Classless Idiot….but then maybe I'm the idiot for giving him the reaction he craved.

4 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I know what you mean but you could argue Freeman needed a change of scene and a fresh start to get his mojo back. He'd lost the plot here. 

He did, and you are right it felt a good decision at the time but he was productive here and went on to be super productive at QPR. O'Dowda couldn't make the step up and we lost that trade. Was that an ashton signing or before his time? 

20 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

There are plenty of other players wishing him luck with a single emoji….. not Tomlin though he couldn't resist…Classless Idiot….but then maybe I'm the idiot for giving him the reaction he craved.

Your overthinking it, Tomin doesn't care enough about football to have the career he could have so I doubt he's trawling through his old clubs forums to see if his Instagram posts cause any sort of commotion. Really don't understand why anyone gets so riled over this kind of stuff.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Your overthinking it, Tomin doesn't care enough about football to have the career he could have so I doubt he's trawling through his old clubs forums to see if his Instagram posts cause any sort of commotion. Really don't understand why anyone gets so riled over this kind of stuff.

I don’t expect him to trawl through the forum… i meant he was looking to wInd a few people up with his instagram comment and get a few comments back on there… thats why i commented away from instagram…but you are right why should anyone get riled by it …. I just seen it as a pathetic wind up and fell for it ..i shouldn’t be so gullible  

From the @Davefevs equivalent ? on the Cardiff forum I was interested to read he's never in his career ever started more than 20 games in a season "The most league games he's started in a season is just 20 (2014/15 in League Two for Oxford and 2018/19 in the Championship for Bristol)."  The record laid out isn't pretty:

O'Dowda's Championship starts for Bristol City:

2016/17 - 15
2017/18 - 13
2018/19 - 20
2019/20 - 17
2020/21 - 14
2021/22 - 16

Basically, an average of 16 league starts a season during six years at Ashton Gate.

His Championship goal tallies during the same period:

2016/17 - 0
2017/18 - 1 (against Cardiff)
2018/19 - 4
2019/20 - 1
2020/21 - 1
2021/22 - 1

Let's be honest, Bristol City have been far from good during the last six years and O'Dowda apparently couldn't hold down a place in their starting line-up. He's just turned 27, so it'll be a surprise if he improves significantly on what he's shown so far.

Edited by Olé
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Olé said:

From the @Davefevs equivalent ? on the Cardiff forum I was interested to read he's never in his career ever started more than 20 games in a season "The most league games he's started in a season is just 20 (2014/15 in League Two for Oxford and 2018/19 in the Championship for Bristol)."  The record laid out isn't pretty:

WOW,some stat that is.  i wonder why. its not like hes gung ho going into challenges etc

17 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

WOW,some stat that is.  i wonder why. its not like hes gung ho going into challenges etc

I can’t remember him challenging anyone! He never seemed to do anything and as winger we rarely saw him take on a full back or create havoc with his ball skills. He was anonymous in too many games.

He’s no great loss imo

• Like 3