IGNORED

Callum Joining Cardiff (Official)

CiderJar

It's been said many times before about players but some players for whatever reasons do not bring their best to a club. sometimes a shift to another club gives them the wake up call that's needed.

I hope COD goes well but not against us as is usually the case.

15 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Players do come and go, however do remember that they are no different than you or I and have feelings etc.

Callum was amazing when he met my son, giving him so much time and encouraging him to pursue a dream of playing football.

Last week was mental health week, and mayn don't know some of the injuries  that Callum has faced as he is quite a private person.

Many may say he should/could have delivered more, but I will say this - from what I saw, he gave his all and both he, and his family cared deeply about this club. He also did a lot in the community that was unnoticed and unreported, and represented Bristol City as a professional at all times. 

Good luck Callum and I for one hope you go on to achieve more in your career.

My nephew worked at city as a groundsman for a while

When asked who was most friendly player he immediately said callum odowda, always interested to listen. I also asked the least friendly player.. any guesses?

1 hour ago, red kev said:

When asked who was most friendly player he immediately said callum odowda, always interested to listen. I also asked the least friendly player.. any guesses?

Aden flint if their times overlapped

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, red kev said:

Flint or Paterson would be my guess.

On 16/05/2022 at 16:55, Sandhurst Red said:

Players do come and go, however do remember that they are no different than you or I and have feelings etc.

Callum was amazing when he met my son, giving him so much time and encouraging him to pursue a dream of playing football.

Last week was mental health week, and mayn don't know some of the injuries  that Callum has faced as he is quite a private person.

Many may say he should/could have delivered more, but I will say this - from what I saw, he gave his all and both he, and his family cared deeply about this club. He also did a lot in the community that was unnoticed and unreported, and represented Bristol City as a professional at all times. 

Good luck Callum and I for one hope you go on to achieve more in your career.

He was always happy to support the quizes etc run by the supporters Trust and also a great ambassador for CHSW. An undoubted talent when he joined but only  saw flahes of his ability and injury knocked his confidence. Good luck to him. A new start is exactly what he needs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mattredrobin said:

I think for O'dowda it could be good for him to drop down a league and be the main man in a side get his confidence going a kick on from there.

He’ll get plenty of offers at Championship level, whatever anyone on here thinks of him.

No chance that he drops down & gets paid less.

• Like 1

Bit of an enigma was COD. Although he was clearly a flexible player that could play in a few positions, it was never obvious to me what he best position was. Winger? Wide forward? Attacking MF? He would do wonderful things (Norwich) then mishit a 5 yard pass. Ive heard he is a great trainer, and always popular but he has just never seemed to grab the moment and show what he can do. He is still only 27, so if he can find the right club you never no - he really needs to find consistency. Best of luck to the lad

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Bit of an enigma was COD. Although he was clearly a flexible player that could play in a few positions, it was never obvious to me what he best position was. Winger? Wide forward? Attacking MF? He would do wonderful things (Norwich) then mishit a 5 yard pass. Ive heard he is a great trainer, and always popular but he has just never seemed to grab the moment and show what he can do. He is still only 27, so if he can find the right club you never know - he really needs to find consistency. Best of luck to the lad

Hibs?

Fair bit of talk on social media that he’s agreed a 2 year deal with Swansea.

After Korey, Walsh & Paterson it is a pretty well trodden path, no surprise at all that he’s got a Championship club, if true.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Fair bit of talk on social media that he’s agreed a 2 year deal with Swansea.

After Korey, Walsh & Paterson it is a pretty well trodden path, no surprise at all that he’s got a Championship club, if true.

I would be very surprised at that, he doesn't seem to fit their style at all

48 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Not exactly our missing link for promotion then is he? 

How often this happens, but a bit annoying that those who want to use these players leaving as a stick with which to beat the club or management, are so much slower to come on here and admit they got it wrong.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

How often this happens, but a bit annoying that those who want to use these players leaving as a stick with which to beat the club or management, are so much slower to come on here and admit they got it wrong.

Never. He’ll make it one day. ? 

• Haha 1