IGNORED

Jake Daniels of Blackpool

Bristol Rob

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Why would you be uncomfortable? 

Because in the same way a woman would not like a man to be watching her undress or showering he has stated he is gay which means he likes men in a physical way, so that would make me a little uncomfortable. I haven't said there is anything wrong with him playing for the club or that I think there is anything wrong with being gay. 

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just putting it out there to see what the response would be if a player came out as a MAP, without committing any illegal act.
Would being an open MAP also be classed as being brave & something we should celebrate, in the same way as coming out as gay?

Please god let you be trolling

Edited by Fjmcity

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

I’m sorry to hear that.

I knew this would get a reaction, again I will say I'm sure some of the players feel the same way but judging by the reaction my sincere question has raised it seems you can't dare say anything these days which is a shame. 

30 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just putting it out there to see what the response would be if a player came out as a MAP, without committing any illegal act.
Would being an open MAP also be classed as being brave & something we should celebrate, in the same way as coming out as gay?

I just had to Google what MAP meant. But you honestly seem to be equating being gay with peodophilia. 

I've got no words. 

If this doesn't prove why there's still so much work to be done on acceptance of LGBTQIA+ issues then I don't know what does.

A truly awful thing to thing to say.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, pillred said:

What is the general feeling about somebody who is gay i.e finds a member of there own sex physically attractive sharing showers and changing rooms? it's seems to be the Elephant in the room that nobody has yet discussed. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with it personally and am wondering what the players at the club feel about it and whether some might feel a little uncomfortable and ask that he uses separate changing and washing facilities, I would like to add that I have nothing against him for being gay but would be interested to hear what others think about the situation.    

What do you think about a male football team having female physiotherapy staff? They may need to make close physical contact. 

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

I knew this would get a reaction, again I will say I'm sure some of the players feel the same way but judging by the reaction my sincere question has raised it seems you can't dare say anything these days which is a shame. 

I think the reaction is probably fairly judged to the lunacy of the question

Edited by Fjmcity

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

Because in the same way a woman would not like a man to be watching her undress or showering he has stated he is gay which means he likes men in a physical way, so that would make me a little uncomfortable. I haven't said there is anything wrong with him playing for the club or that I think there is anything wrong with being gay. 

I know what you mean.

I am heterosexual and, sometimes, when on the beach, I might see an attractive young lady wearing only a skimpy bikini and find her attractive.

On occasion, I have even seen young ladies, still wearing only bikinis, eating ice creams and licking them in a way that, to my mind, can only be described as extremely lascivious.

Even worse, sometimes when I am taking a shower before entering the pool, I get this strange feeling that these lovely young ladies are all watching me; I imagine you are familiar with such feelings, hence your understandable worries and fears.

It is so hard being a heterosexual man.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, pillred said:

What is the general feeling about somebody who is gay i.e finds a member of there own sex physically attractive sharing showers and changing rooms? it's seems to be the Elephant in the room that nobody has yet discussed. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with it personally and am wondering what the players at the club feel about it and whether some might feel a little uncomfortable and ask that he uses separate changing and washing facilities, I would like to add that I have nothing against him for being gay but would be interested to hear what others think about the situation.    

If a player has an issue with being in the dressing room with a gay team mate, they should remove themselves from the situation to resolve their insecurities. It is not for the player who is gay to change their own behaviour.

A man in the women's changing rooms is not the same comparison. A gay female player in the dressing room with hetero female team mates is a fair comparison, and is absolutely commonplace in the women's sport.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I just had to Google what MAP meant. But you honestly seem to be equating being gay with peodophilia. 

I've got no words. 

If this doesn't prove why there's still so much work to be done on acceptance of LGBTQIA+ issues then I don't know what does.

A truly awful thing to thing to say.

Honestly i am not equating a MAP with being gay. I obviously know the difference.  

The only similarity I can see with this is someone is being open with their preferred sexuality…

I am simply asking what would be the response if a footballer came out as openly being a MAP?

11 minutes ago, pillred said:

I think that’s your issue to be honest.  

2 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

If a player has an issue with being in the dressing room with a gay team mate, they should remove themselves from the situation to resolve their insecurities. It is not for the player who is gay to change their own behaviour.

A man in the women's changing rooms is not the same comparison. A gay female player in the dressing room with hetero female team mates is a fair comparison, and is absolutely commonplace in the women's sport.

Well said 

42 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

You seem to be putting being attracted to minors on the same page as being gay, which is simply staggering. No wonder people are still scared of revealing their sexuality when comments like that are made. 

25 minutes ago, pillred said:

I would say frankly : That is your problem to deal with. 

As for the suggestion he uses separate changing areas - why not give him his own cup to drink out of as well. You could even make it a pink one so its easily identified - that way the other players wouldn't have to drink out of it. Jesus Christ.

Here we are in 2022, still knee deep in absolute dinosaurs. I thought they died millions of years ago - apparently not.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Honestly i am not equating a MAP with being gay. I obviously know the difference.  

The only similarity I can see with this is someone is being open with their preferred sexuality…

I am simply asking what would be the response if a footballer came out as openly being a MAP?

its an interesting question, for wider society but its inclusion in this topic you have to admit is a little dodgy and provocative. A sexual interest in minors clearly has nothing to do with hetro or homosexuality of consenting adults.

first time ive heard of the term MAP but I have heard of the condition before and do genuinely feel sorry for people who have these inclinations as they need help but to liken it to..

..actually do you know what its a stupid question and doesn't need a response. I tried.

Edited by Fjmcity

7 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Being sexually attracted to children is pretty much universally accepted as morally repugnant, and acting upon it is illegal. Why would anybody celebrate that in any way, shape, or form?

It's not even in the same ballpark as being gay and is bizarre you'd even bring one up in a thread about the other.

In fact I'd go so far as to say it's harmful (whether deliberate on your part or not) as it's pervading the trope that people who are gay are also pedophiles, and continuing that ridiculous connection in some people's minds. 

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Well, I would assume that one important difference is that, if a gay man (or woman) took their preferred sexuality to a physical conclusion, it would be very much their own business, and rightly so, whereas if a MAP man or woman did likewise they would, quite rightly, be arrested. 

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Well, I would assume that one important difference is that, if a gay man (or woman) took their preferred sexuality to a physical conclusion, it would be very much their own business, and rightly so, whereas if a MAP man or woman did likewise they would, quite rightly, be arrested. 

Being gay is still illegal in many countries.

However in parts of USA & society being opening MAP is becoming more normalised. 

Just to clairufy to other replies jumping down my neck & putting words in my mouth. Im a not comparing a MAP to being gay. Or posting this as a “trolling post” I am maybe playing devils advocate, which seems to have triggered a few on here instead of replying in a mature & balcanced way. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Lewisdabaron said:

However in parts of USA & society being opening MAP is becoming more normalised. 

Just to clairufy to other replies jumping down my neck & putting words in my mouth. Im a not comparing a MAP to being gay. Or posting this as a “trolling post” I am maybe playing devils advocate, which seems to have triggered a few on here instead of replying in a mature & balcanced way. 

Nope you’re just being a ********

36 minutes ago, pillred said:

I had this theoretical discussion with a mate 20 years ago. He absolutely refused to share a changing room with anyone who was gay. I asked why.

”Well they’ll be eyeing me up won’t they?”

Now my mate was no oil painting and confirmed that he was sure that not every girl fancied him, but seemed to be absolutely sure that he would be catnip for any gay man. I did try and tell him that, much like he didn’t fancy every woman, gay men didn’t fancy every bloke they saw (and even if they did fancy him could contain themselves in that environment) but he couldn’t accept it. In the slightest.

It was the most bizarre conversation I’ve ever had. 

So yeah, there may be some who are uncomfortable but I’d suggest it’s them who need to get over themselves.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

On occasion, I have even seen young ladies, still wearing only bikinis, eating ice creams and licking them in a way that, to my mind, can only be described as extremely lascivious.

So just to confirm, you'd not be happy sharing a changing room at the off chance a gay guy can find you attractive, but you're happy to watch women in bikinis eat ice creams and have those thoughts? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

So just to confirm, you'd not be happy sharing a changing room at the off chance a gay guy can find you attractive, but you're happy to watch women in bikinis eat ice creams and have those thoughts? 

think you have misinterpreted his post

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I don't know why you would mention that. Its irrelevant. 

Just as irrelevant as the initial comment, unfortunately they are being provocative for the sake of it. Even a talksport phone in wouldn't sink that low. Shame 

17 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Why did you just post it in this thread then if it's entirely disconnected?

44 minutes ago, pillred said:

Don't hide behind that bullshit 'cancel culture' and 'no free speech' crap. You can say exactly what you want but be expected to back it up and explain it. 

The issue is on you, why does is bother you? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Why did you just post it in this thread then if it's entirely disconnected?

Lewis is doing it to get a response. Knows exactly what he’s doing.  There’s a phrase for people who appear to calmly ask questions and make points to provoke others and then point to their own calmness and the other persons anger to try to appear the bigger person. Can’t for the life of me remember it but he is doing just that. Suggest he is just ignored for the troll he is 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Lewis is doing it to get a response. Knows exactly what he’s doing.  There’s a phrase for people who appear to calmly ask questions and make points to provoke others and then point to their own calmness and the other persons anger to try to appear the bigger person. Can’t for the life of me remember it but he is doing just that. Suggest he is just ignored for the troll he is 

I think it's ******.

33 minutes ago, Selred said:

Firstly, I was being facetious in my post.

In the interest of clarity, however, and to avoid any confusion, I would be absolutely calm, happy and, frankly, totally indifferent to sharing a changing room with gay men, who may or may not find me attractive;, indeed, I have done so on many occasions, also sharing communal showers.

Similarly, I am happy to watch young women in bikinis eating ice cream, extremely happy in fact, although, unfortunately, the thoughts to which I referred have become less frequent with the passing of time ?.  

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 2