IGNORED

Jake Daniels of Blackpool

Bristol Rob

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Because in the same way a woman would not like a man to be watching her undress or showering he has stated he is gay which means he likes men in a physical way, so that would make me a little uncomfortable. I haven't said there is anything wrong with him playing for the club or that I think there is anything wrong with being gay. 

Really?

Just because the lads gay does that me he is going to tell anyone and everyone that he is attracted to them?

For example you are in the pub with your misses and the barmaid is gorgeous, do you go up to said barmaid and automatically tell her you are attracted to her or do you keep the feelings to yourself because it's inappropriate

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Seems its acceptable to judge some people & call them names, but not others… theres a word for that too…

Yep it's called being a dick

Which you are being,

You are trying to associate some one being gay to a kiddy fiddler

You are being a dickcheese and a troll

Edited by Monkeh
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Lewis is doing it to get a response. Knows exactly what he’s doing.  There’s a phrase for people who appear to calmly ask questions and make points to provoke others and then point to their own calmness and the other persons anger to try to appear the bigger person. Can’t for the life of me remember it but he is doing just that. Suggest he is just ignored for the troll he is 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

In the interest of clarity, and to avoid any confusion, I would be absolutely calm, happy and, frankly, totally indifferent to sharing a changing room with gay men, who may or may not find me attractive;, indeed, I have done so on many occasions, also sharing communal showers.

Similarly, I am happy to watch women in bikinis eating ice cream, extremely happy in fact, although, unfortunately, the thoughts to which I referred have become less frequent with the passing of time ?.  

Sorry got you confused with Pilred who wouldn't be confortable!

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Yep it's called being a dick

Which you are being,

You are trying to associate some one being gay to a kiddy fiddler

You are being a dickcheese and a troll

So if i started a new thread would i get a sensible reply from you? I doubt it, looking at the way every day you post endless tripe on here constantly. 

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Really?

Just because the lads gay does that me he is going to tell anyone and everyone that he is attracted to them?

For example you are in the pub with your misses and the barmaid is gorgeous, do you go up to said barmaid and automatically tell her you are attracted to her or do you keep the feelings to yourself because it's inappropriate

Depends on how many pints I've had 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, !james said:

Don't hide behind that bullshit 'cancel culture' and 'no free speech' crap. You can say exactly what you want but be expected to back it up and explain it. 

The issue is on you, why does is bother you? 

Because as a gay man he would find looking at other fit young men undressed sexually exiting, and that's my final word on the subject, if it doesn't bother you great me as I have said would find it a bit uncomfortable and I don't feel the need to apologise to you or anyone else for having that opinion.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

Because as a gay man he would find looking at other fit young men undressed sexually exiting

He's only just come out, and you know his type already do you? Perhaps it's into chubby men? 

Do you not change at your gym? I do, and there's gay men in there. 

Edited by Selred
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

Because as a gay man he would find looking at other fit young men undressed sexually exiting, and that's my final word on the subject, if it doesn't bother you great me as I have said would find it a bit uncomfortable and I don't feel the need to apologise to you or anyone else for having that opinion.

Image result for best to stop digging when you hit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just putting it out there to see what the response would be if a player came out as a MAP, without committing any illegal act.
Would being an open MAP also be classed as being brave & something we should celebrate, in the same way as coming out as gay?

Because it involves the sexual exploitation of people deemed unable to give their consent. 
you could  by the same token argue that the desire to rape and murder is ok if you don’t actually do it. 
NO. 
MAP is wrong in every way. Gay involves consenting adults both making their own deliberate choice. MAP shouldn’t even be in the same thread. 

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, pillred said:

So he will automatically find another male in a state of slight undress sexually stimulating? 

So if you were a married heterosexual male and were to go on holiday with your wife and a dressed for the beach mother-in-law, would that too be sexually exciting? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

So if i started a new thread would i get a sensible reply from you? I doubt it, looking at the way every day you post endless tripe on here constantly. 

If it's a subject you are keen to discuss then, yes, starting a new thread would have been the thing to do.

Somehow I don't see you as the type to be particularly interested in doing that though, going by some previous behaviours. You would much rather just try to be contrary when you are not particularly comfortable with a topic. You judged this one wrong though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pillred said:

I'm not going to guess your age or generation but I suggest you educate yourself. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Really?

Not so much that it's inappropriate but more to do with I value my life.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

Wow did anyone just hear Simon Jordan going off on this? Bizarre 

undoubtably just trying to be contrary but he went in two footed on fashnus niece who was on the show to celebrate this brave move

jordan was trumpeting “I don’t care if he’s gay, it’s his business why do we need to know?” Which was pretty upsetting to listen to.

perfect world, this isn’t a thing of course but for that knob to fail to understand why this is a brave and important thing to do in the sphere of football is absolutely maddening 

Simon Jordan is an egregious nob

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pillred said:

What is the general feeling about somebody who is gay i.e finds a member of there own sex physically attractive sharing showers and changing rooms? it's seems to be the Elephant in the room that nobody has yet discussed. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with it personally and am wondering what the players at the club feel about it and whether some might feel a little uncomfortable and ask that he uses separate changing and washing facilities, I would like to add that I have nothing against him for being gay but would be interested to hear what others think about the situation.    

I work with plenty of people and have friends that I find attractive, have got changed with them, etc. I think it's being adult about it. I don't think it's that hard? Also, gay people are like anyone else - they don't just fancy everyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just putting it out there to see what the response would be if a player came out as a MAP, without committing any illegal act.
Would being an open MAP also be classed as being brave & something we should celebrate, in the same way as coming out as gay?

**** me, I actually had to look that up. Are you seriously equating someone being gay with paedophilia? Take a look at yourself, FFS.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

To be fair, no one should care, it shouldn't be a special thing coming out as gay, it should be normal and everyone should be accepting of it,

Sadly that's not the world we live in, but I do have the upmost respect for this young lad, it can't of been easy for him

Absolutely.

2 hours ago, pillred said:

I knew this would get a reaction, again I will say I'm sure some of the players feel the same way but judging by the reaction my sincere question has raised it seems you can't dare say anything these days which is a shame. 

I've undressed for a (good looking) female GP, female Physio, female Radiographer (not all at the same time).

All on a professional basis.

Did it bother me? No. Because I'm a grown up.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, !james said:

I'm not going to guess your age or generation but I suggest you educate yourself. 

And what exactly do you mean by that? that your opinion is somehow more correct because you are younger, age does not change the facts of the matter and I have no need to educate myself about anything, saying I wouldn't feel comfortable undressing in front of somebody of my own sex who I knew found other men attractive (not necessarily me by the way) to me is perfectly understandable it's your opinion I find strange, perhaps it's your age and generation that have different thoughts on the subject that doesn't make you any more right or me wrong.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

**** me, I actually had to look that up. Are you seriously equating someone being gay with paedophilia? Take a look at yourself, FFS.

It's a shame that it isn't a single poster.

Somebody did exactly the same thing over in the politics forum during a discussion about transgender people using changing rooms. The difference was over there people leapt to his defence when I called him out on it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

To be fair, no one should care, it shouldn't be a special thing coming out as gay, it should be normal and everyone should be accepting of it,

Sadly that's not the world we live in, but I do have the upmost respect for this young lad, it can't of been easy for him

I guess, there shouldn’t even need to be a term “coming out”, nor it made to feel like it is in itself an “event”??? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Similarly, I am happy to watch young women in bikinis eating ice cream, extremely happy in fact, although, unfortunately, the thoughts to which I referred have become less frequent with the passing of time ?.  

Hopefully not too happy.....I'm sure they are laws against that on a public beach!

On a serious note though (and this isn't aimed at you, Phil), the notion that being homosexual means that you're some sort of nymphomaniac trying to get your kicks from everyone of the same sex is frankly laughable.  As is the idea that any serious discussion could be had with the question "How would you feel if a player announced he was a paedophile?".  What sort of ******* answers are you expecting?!?  "Yeah, I'd be fine with that.....only if they're fit though"  ffs!

And people wonder why there's still such a stigma in the game about being gay!