IGNORED

Jake Daniels of Blackpool

Bristol Rob

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

let’s not allow one person who seems to think he is hugely irresistible to all humankind and one known forum troll to derail from the massive majority on this thread who have posted in a supportive manner 

To be fair when I was 25 I was pretty good looking even if I say so myself, now at 66 I'm still not bad looking but would be surprised if me undressing would cause much of a reaction in anybody I never tried to say it would be me he would find irresistible. And to be clear I am supportive of him there is nothing wrong in anyway with being gay and of course it should make no difference in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by pillred
Add comment

8 minutes ago, pillred said:

And what exactly do you mean by that? that your opinion is somehow more correct because you are younger, age does not change the facts of the matter and I have no need to educate myself about anything, saying I wouldn't feel comfortable undressing in front of somebody of my own sex who I knew found other men attractive (not necessarily me by the way) to me is perfectly understandable it's your opinion I find strange, perhaps it's your age and generation that have different thoughts on the subject that doesn't make you any more right or me wrong.

I hate to tell you this.. but if you have used a public pool, you've probably undressed in front of a gay man and probably still in their w*nkbank

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, pillred said:

Because as a gay man he would find looking at other fit young men undressed sexually exiting, and that's my final word on the subject, if it doesn't bother you great me as I have said would find it a bit uncomfortable and I don't feel the need to apologise to you or anyone else for having that opinion.

As a heterosexual male, I personally don't find fit, athletic women in the slightest. Why would a gay man automatically like athletic men? 

Just now, Tafkarmlf said:

To be fair, Coming Out is actually massively beneficial 

Long read below 

https://www.allure.com/story/coming-out-process-physical-mental-pain-relief

Yes, get that, agree….but that’s because of the history of it (the “stigma”) I guess.  I’m thinking in a more theoretical world of people not being so closed in their thinking, fearful of people who are “different” (hate that term) to themselves etc.  I’m probably not expressing it very well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

**** me, I actually had to look that up. Are you seriously equating someone being gay with paedophilia? Take a look at yourself, FFS.

26 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Hopefully not too happy.....I'm sure they are laws against that on a public beach!

On a serious note though (and this isn't aimed at you, Phil), the notion that being homosexual means that you're some sort of nymphomaniac trying to get your kicks from everyone of the same sex is frankly laughable.  As is the idea that any serious discussion could be had with the question "How would you feel if a player announced he was a paedophile?".  What sort of ******* answers are you expecting?!?  "Yeah, I'd be fine with that.....only if they're fit though"  ffs!

And people wonder why there's still such a stigma in the game about being gay!

You can almost picture the scenario.

Young woman meets old male friend, tells him she has just moved back to the area and now has two young children, and would old male friend like to see them?

Old male friend says he would be delighted, and may he bring his dear friend, who is gay?

Young female friend frowns, and says she doesn't think that would be appropriate, not now that she has two toddlers....  

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

19 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

It’s incredible what people get away with doing if they follow fictional books . 

I agree. Controversial I guess due to the comfort many people get from religion, but the world (Humanity)would be a much better and peaceful place without it. It causes more conflict than it cures.

• Flames 2

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I know what you mean.

I am heterosexual and, sometimes, when on the beach, I might see an attractive young lady wearing only a skimpy bikini and find her attractive.

On occasion, I have even seen young ladies, still wearing only bikinis, eating ice creams and licking them in a way that, to my mind, can only be described as extremely lascivious.

Even worse, sometimes when I am taking a shower before entering the pool, I get this strange feeling that these lovely young ladies are all watching me; I imagine you are familiar with such feelings, hence your understandable worries and fears.

It is so hard being a heterosexual man.

I was in a bar in Bangkok when an attractive local girl came in and sat at the table opposite me.

She made eye contact and smiled provocatively, and it was difficult not to keep looking in her direction. I tried self control but it was increasingly difficult.

She then undid the top buttons on her very tight fitting blouse, and sat with her legs akimbo and as she was wearing a very short skirt  I had to tell myself “don't get an erection, don't get an erection”, but it was too late - she did!

• Haha 7

Ok, I’ve sat back and let this develop for a few pages before jumping in.

firstly let’s congratulate the lad for coming out, it must have been a huge step, and the general positivity on radio and social media is heartening that we seem to be moving forward. Hopefully others will follow his lead, by mere probability there must be many more both currently and historically 

I read with amusement the debate on ‘gays in the changing room’ and whether someone may be uncomfortable. As a gay man who has used communal changing rooms for many years I can categorically reassure anyone feeling a little awkward that us gays don’t find everyone sexually attractive, and we don’t stand, stare and drool uncontrollably at the ones we do find attractive, and the perceived awkwardness from the straight guy says a little more about them than me. If you feel awkward do as many do in my gym do, go home sweaty, change in the cubicle or do the hilarious towel dance, where everyone just presumes you either find yourself irresistible to the gays, or merely have a small pecker and are too embarrassed to show it!

for those who defended the comment about the the MAP guy coming out. It was clumsy but I don’t think he was presuming gay men are paedo’s. I am sure he has done his research where it shows this vile perversion affects gay, straight and bi people

lastly let’s not too woke, the jokes about ‘leaving the back door open’ are just funny. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I just had to Google what MAP meant. But you honestly seem to be equating being gay with peodophilia. 

I've got no words. 

If this doesn't prove why there's still so much work to be done on acceptance of LGBTQIA+ issues then I don't know what does.

A truly awful thing to thing to say.

What am I Googling? If I type MAP into the search bar I just get links to Google Earth etc!

Maybe I just don’t need to know judging by people’s reactions.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

What am I Googling? If I type MAP into the search bar I just get links to Google Earth etc!

Maybe I just don’t need to know judging by people’s reactions.

I had never heard of the term so did the same, with similar results.

I then tried 'MAPS Sexuality', which should tell you all you want to know - should you want to know....?.

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

The twitter post from Blackpool is an absolute horror show.  Every PL team has quoted it offering support and then the replies to each are awful. 

I just went to have a look to see what sort of bot or idiot was posting, but it’s literally every post is homophobic. Horrendous!

A couple of weeks ago we had a new girl start at work. I did something to help her and she gave me a hug. Yesterday I found out (at work) that she is Gay.

So what should my reaction be (after reading some of the comments  on this thread) if she tries to hug me again as a non gay female ( I hate the word straight, it implies that anything else is not right)? Should I recoil in horror, be afraid to work near her incase she touches me again?

No, if she wants to hug me again as a thank you etc I would hug her back as she is a PERSON.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I had never heard of the term so did the same, with similar results.

I then tried 'MAPS Sexuality', which should tell you all you want to know - should you want to know....?.

Thank you. I’ll think I’ll leave it there. Through my previous work I came into contact with these people. After having my own children I decided to leave that career alone, as it really does mess with your mind. Having children just seemed to amplify it in my case. Not that you need to have children to be horrified, but in my case I couldn’t bring myself to work with them anymore. 

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

A couple of weeks ago we had a new girl start at work. I did something to help her and she gave me a hug. Yesterday I found out (at work) that she is Gay.

So what should my reaction be (after reading some of the comments  on this thread) if she tries to hug me again as a non gay female ( I hate the word straight, it implies that anything else is not right)? Should I recoil in horror, be afraid to work near her incase she touches me again?

No, if she wants to hug me again as a thank you etc I would hug her back as she is a PERSON.

I could be really pervy now redm.....but then that would be inappropriate and Mrs monkeh would likely rip my throat out.....

Edited by Monkeh
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I don't want to digress too much from the heartwarming story of this brave young man, but I always felt that the 'homophobic chanting' directed at Brighton fans was more in the line of friendly banter.

Whilst there have been some awful homophobic chants against certain individuals - no need to repeat them all on here, but some that stick in my mind include the ubiquitous 'Chelsea rentboy' at any young Chelsea loanee and various chants over the years directed towards Graeme Le Saux, who, to his embarrassment, was found, not only to have attended university but also to read The Guardian and have an interest in art ? - the Brighton chants seemed to be more in the line of 'We can see you holding hands'.

Anyway, Well Done young Jake Daniels and Good Luck.     

I think you should do some research on Graeme Le Saux and the impact those chants had on him and his career. And that is why these announcements are so important 

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

**** me, I actually had to look that up. Are you seriously equating someone being gay with paedophilia? Take a look at yourself, FFS.

I’ve just had to look it up aswell. Absolutely staggering.
Troll or not to publicly say that paedophilia and being gay are somehow on a par makes me extremely concerned about who the F the poster is. Red flag behaviour if ever i have seen it and it i would even go as far as saying it needs to be reported.

Edited by bris red

5 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just putting it out there to see what the response would be if a player came out as a MAP, without committing any illegal act.
Would being an open MAP also be classed as being brave & something we should celebrate, in the same way as coming out as gay?

You've had a bit of a mare there mate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just putting it out there to see what the response would be if a player came out as a MAP, without committing any illegal act.
Would being an open MAP also be classed as being brave & something we should celebrate, in the same way as coming out as gay?

Hard drive check needed.