IGNORED

Jake Daniels of Blackpool

Bristol Rob

8 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Strange no one has replied with a genuine answer to a geniune question.

Only berated me.

That’s OTIB for you though.

I wont lose any sleep. ? 

You cant compare the two

I  guess paedophiles cant help the way they are and might want to be heterosexual. 

There was a film starring kevin bacon , I've not watched it though.

Lois theroux's also did a documentary about it in outwardly being a Map .

Seeing a squad of footballers getting unchanged though , got to think at least one is fit I would think. Imagine being in a room with a bunch of females getting naked .

Fair play to the lad , I'd have no problem with being in the changing room with him.

7 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Only berated me.

I wont lose any sleep. ? 

You really think someone admitting to being one step removed from being a paedophile should be celebrated in the same way as someone in the public eye coming out as gay? Or even that those two things should be discussed in the same sentence or thread? What are you expecting people to say in response to your ‘genuine’ question? “Oh yes, we should welcome potential paedophiles with open arms into football” The key difference of course is that acting upon one urge would be criminal and the other would not.

As said before the fact that you equate a potential sex offender to a homosexual says a lot about you.

1 hour ago, gl1 said:

lastly let’s not too woke, the jokes about ‘leaving the back door open’ are just funny. 

5Live seamlessly, and without taking a breath, went from reporting on Jake Daniels to reading out an email about a listener working as a banana packer. They described the handling of bananas, discussed banana size, it really was quite the segue.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

The twitter post from Blackpool is an absolute horror show.  Every PL team has quoted it offering support and then the replies to each are awful. 

Which really just tells you that there are different consequences for an expressly homophobic corporation with a brand to protect and an expressly homophobic individual without such.

23 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Only berated me.

I wont lose any sleep. ? 

A reasonable analogy would be the difference between a player openly becoming religious, and a player admitting to watching/engaging in extreme religious indoctrination inciting violence. 

ie no one who is sane thinks Mo Salah is a terrorist just because he’s Muslim for example

Edited by Murraysrightplum

21 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Only berated me.

I wont lose any sleep. ? 

How is comparing somebody who attracted to minors to homosexual/homosexuality as a genuine question? It isn’t and it has only and purpose and that is to provoke and troll.

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

How is comparing somebody who attracted to minors to homosexual/homosexuality as a genuine question? It isn’t and it has only and purpose and that is to provoke and troll.

Im not comparing them. 

15 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Hard drive check needed.

For who? The MAP? Probably they do, yes. 

13 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

You really think someone admitting to being one step removed from being a paedophile should be celebrated in the same way as someone in the public eye coming out as gay? Or even that those two things should be discussed in the same sentence or thread? What are you expecting people to say in response to your ‘genuine’ question? “Oh yes, we should welcome potential paedophiles with open arms into football” The key difference of course is that acting upon one urge would be criminal and the other would not.

As said before the fact that you equate a potential sex offender to a homosexual says a lot about you.

Apparantly you cant chose your sexuality, right? 

1 hour ago, Murraysrightplum said:

I think you should do some research on Graeme Le Saux and the impact those chants had on him and his career. And that is why these announcements are so important 

Thank You for your response, but I am aware of the impact homophobic chants from opposing crowds had on Graeme Le Saux's career and, more importantly, on his life in general; hence the reason I referred to them as being awful.

You may find this truly enlightening article interesting. It is quite long, but well worth the read, I assure you.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/01/31/graeme-le-sauxs-battle-against-homophobic-abuse-and-why-the-door-is-opening-for-gay-players-to-come-out-in-football/

2 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

Its pronoun crazy at senior schools in bristol at the moment it seems. 13 year old Girls identifying as boys and calling themselves they is relatively normal

Its good to push it to an extent however,  I'm wondering being that young that they dont really understand and this may cause mental health issues down the road.

Again, totally different discussion and off topic 

17 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

You cant compare the two

I  guess paedophiles cant help the way they are and might want to be heterosexual. 

Seeing a squad of footballers getting unchanged though , got to think at least one is fit I would think. Imagine being in a room with a bunch of females getting naked .

Fair play to the lad , I'd have no problem with being in the changing room with him.

I think you might want to look up the meanings of Paedophile and Heterosexual.

Your comment about watching a squad of footballers getting unchanged is unworthy of a response.

9 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Im not comparing them.

Oh no you were 'simply asking what would be the response if a footballer came out as openly being a MAP' on a thread about the first openly gay male footballer in 32 years. Then deflect every comment back at you as you still can't see how this isn't a genuine question in an appropriate topic. 

That's OTIB for you. We won't lose any sleep ?

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I think you might want to look up the meanings of Paedophile and Heterosexual.

Your comment about watching a squad of footballers getting unchanged is unworthy of a response.

So if you were in a changing room of twenty females getting naked , you are likely to be attracted to at least one, if not many. Otherwise I would suggest you are not heterosexual . 

Doesnt mean you lose control and start groping them. 

7 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just putting it out there to see what the response would be if a player came out as a MAP, without committing any illegal act.
Would being an open MAP also be classed as being brave & something we should celebrate, in the same way as coming out as gay?

This is your original question. The answer is categorically no. I imagine that person would be asking for help rather than asking to be accepted as just another one of the team. The reason? They are quite likely to engage in criminal activity with a minor or by watching those activities on the internet, which is also illegal. I’m surprised this is so difficult for you

1 hour ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Only berated me.

I wont lose any sleep. ? 

I'll give a genuine answer, but I really think it's fairly obvious.

A person attracted to minors is a person attracted to a vulnerable member of society.. whilst it would be brave to announce you were, it would not be something to celebrate.

Someone gay is someone attracted to a member of the opposite sex rather than a vulnerable segment.

Really shouldn't need explaining. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, When the river runs said:

Its pronoun crazy at senior schools in bristol at the moment it seems. 13 year old Girls identifying as boys and calling themselves they is relatively normal

Its good to push it to an extent however,  I'm wondering being that young that they dont really understand and this may cause mental health issues down the road.

Kids (and adults) do all kind of things at a young age to try and discover who they are. I expect if you think back to yourself in senior school and some of the things you did (or didn't do) you'd find the same. Young people have always experimented with this stuff.

I don't know of any evidence of doing what you're mentioning causing mental health issues.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Let's hope Jake doesn't read this thread :facepalm:

I doubt a 17 yo Blackpool player will be reading our forum 

And if he did, I think he will take heart at the amount of support and laugh of the ill informed post and the moronic comparison,

As about 1% of men identify as gay.  There are > 2500 pro footballers.  That would translate to roughly 25 gay footballers at anyone time. 

Now I'm not a fan of of the notion that someone has to be "out" to live a full life.  If you're happy in my view don't let the press pressure you into being public about your sexuality.  Conversely if it makes you miserable and makes it hard for you to date or be yourself then there shouldn't be a barrier from us as fans to someone doing that.  I hope he has a smooth ride and is not alone for long as some fans can be horrible.

I imagine he's already been inboxed some vile shit. 

Edited by Lorenzos Only Goal
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, RedM said:

What am I Googling? If I type MAP into the search bar I just get links to Google Earth etc!

Maybe I just don’t need to know judging by people’s reactions.

many years ago my wife said we need a new shower, I was just about to search for one in work when the phone rang and I forgot about the shower.

got home  searched for shower pre any  safety nets.   was i educated,  but why?

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

As about 1% of men identify as gay.  There are > 2500 pro footballers.  That would translate to roughly 25 gay footballers at anyone time. 

Now I'm not a fan of of the notion that someone has to be "out" to live a full life.  If you're happy in my view don't let the press pressure you into being public about your sexuality.  Conversely if it makes you miserable and makes it hard for you to date or be yourself then there shouldn't be a barrier from us as fans to someone doing that.  I hope he has a smooth ride and is not alone for long as some fans can be horrible.

I imagine he's already been inboxed some vile shit. 

Pretty much my view on the whole thing too. Really well put.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us these days think, you're gay? ok not really a story.

As a heterosexual male I have to say that some of my favourite lead vocalists have been gay and i'm sure there will come a time when i can add some of my favourite goal-scorers.

It's all really about being grown up about things. This is 2022 and not 1972.

Talksport made me laugh this morning on Jim White, with the big build up on this player is COMING OUT!!!!!!!

Yes, I wonder why it has taken so long.  The irony.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3

Just to reassure Pillred - my 26 year old son is gay, and to the best of my knowledge has never buggered anyone in the public change rooms when he goes swimming.

Consensually or against their will.

I'm so proud of him, resisting all that beefcake and behaving appropriately.

I hope you feel safe enough to return to a public changing area.

If this post triggers you - my apologies for any medical assistance you may require.

Hang on - the phones ringing.......

It's 1974 and it's asking for you Pillred....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, reddoh said:

many years ago my wife said we need a new shower, I was just about to search for one in work when the phone rang and I forgot about the shower.

got home  searched for shower pre any  safety nets.   was i educated,  but why?

Ha ha I have no idea, I think I have lived a sheltered life ?

?