Jump to content
IGNORED

Jake Daniels of Blackpool


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Why would you be uncomfortable? 

Because in the same way a woman would not like a man to be watching her undress or showering he has stated he is gay which means he likes men in a physical way, so that would make me a little uncomfortable. I haven't said there is anything wrong with him playing for the club or that I think there is anything wrong with being gay. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just putting it out there to see what the response would be if a player came out as a MAP, without committing any illegal act.
Would being an open MAP also be classed as being brave & something we should celebrate, in the same way as coming out as gay?

Please god let you be trolling

Edited by Fjmcity
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

I’m sorry to hear that.

I knew this would get a reaction, again I will say I'm sure some of the players feel the same way but judging by the reaction my sincere question has raised it seems you can't dare say anything these days which is a shame. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just putting it out there to see what the response would be if a player came out as a MAP, without committing any illegal act.
Would being an open MAP also be classed as being brave & something we should celebrate, in the same way as coming out as gay?

I just had to Google what MAP meant. But you honestly seem to be equating being gay with peodophilia. 

I've got no words. 

If this doesn't prove why there's still so much work to be done on acceptance of LGBTQIA+ issues then I don't know what does.

A truly awful thing to thing to say.

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, pillred said:

What is the general feeling about somebody who is gay i.e finds a member of there own sex physically attractive sharing showers and changing rooms? it's seems to be the Elephant in the room that nobody has yet discussed. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with it personally and am wondering what the players at the club feel about it and whether some might feel a little uncomfortable and ask that he uses separate changing and washing facilities, I would like to add that I have nothing against him for being gay but would be interested to hear what others think about the situation.    

What do you think about a male football team having female physiotherapy staff? They may need to make close physical contact. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

I knew this would get a reaction, again I will say I'm sure some of the players feel the same way but judging by the reaction my sincere question has raised it seems you can't dare say anything these days which is a shame. 

I think the reaction is probably fairly judged to the lunacy of the question

Edited by Fjmcity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

Because in the same way a woman would not like a man to be watching her undress or showering he has stated he is gay which means he likes men in a physical way, so that would make me a little uncomfortable. I haven't said there is anything wrong with him playing for the club or that I think there is anything wrong with being gay. 

I know what you mean.

I am heterosexual and, sometimes, when on the beach, I might see an attractive young lady wearing only a skimpy bikini and find her attractive.

On occasion, I have even seen young ladies, still wearing only bikinis, eating ice creams and licking them in a way that, to my mind, can only be described as extremely lascivious.

Even worse, sometimes when I am taking a shower before entering the pool, I get this strange feeling that these lovely young ladies are all watching me; I imagine you are familiar with such feelings, hence your understandable worries and fears.

It is so hard being a heterosexual man.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

What do you think about a male football team having female physiotherapy staff? They may need to make close physical contact. 

Especially if you need to be pulled off at half-time 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, pillred said:

What is the general feeling about somebody who is gay i.e finds a member of there own sex physically attractive sharing showers and changing rooms? it's seems to be the Elephant in the room that nobody has yet discussed. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with it personally and am wondering what the players at the club feel about it and whether some might feel a little uncomfortable and ask that he uses separate changing and washing facilities, I would like to add that I have nothing against him for being gay but would be interested to hear what others think about the situation.    

If a player has an issue with being in the dressing room with a gay team mate, they should remove themselves from the situation to resolve their insecurities. It is not for the player who is gay to change their own behaviour.

A man in the women's changing rooms is not the same comparison. A gay female player in the dressing room with hetero female team mates is a fair comparison, and is absolutely commonplace in the women's sport.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I just had to Google what MAP meant. But you honestly seem to be equating being gay with peodophilia. 

I've got no words. 

If this doesn't prove why there's still so much work to be done on acceptance of LGBTQIA+ issues then I don't know what does.

A truly awful thing to thing to say.

Honestly i am not equating a MAP with being gay. I obviously know the difference.  

The only similarity I can see with this is someone is being open with their preferred sexuality…

I am simply asking what would be the response if a footballer came out as openly being a MAP?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, pillred said:

Because in the same way a woman would not like a man to be watching her undress or showering he has stated he is gay which means he likes men in a physical way, so that would make me a little uncomfortable. I haven't said there is anything wrong with him playing for the club or that I think there is anything wrong with being gay. 

I think that’s your issue to be honest.  

 

2 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

If a player has an issue with being in the dressing room with a gay team mate, they should remove themselves from the situation to resolve their insecurities. It is not for the player who is gay to change their own behaviour.

A man in the women's changing rooms is not the same comparison. A gay female player in the dressing room with hetero female team mates is a fair comparison, and is absolutely commonplace in the women's sport.

Well said 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just putting it out there to see what the response would be if a player came out as a MAP, without committing any illegal act.
Would being an open MAP also be classed as being brave & something we should celebrate, in the same way as coming out as gay?

You seem to be putting being attracted to minors on the same page as being gay, which is simply staggering. No wonder people are still scared of revealing their sexuality when comments like that are made. 

25 minutes ago, pillred said:

What is the general feeling about somebody who is gay i.e finds a member of there own sex physically attractive sharing showers and changing rooms? it's seems to be the Elephant in the room that nobody has yet discussed. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with it personally and am wondering what the players at the club feel about it and whether some might feel a little uncomfortable and ask that he uses separate changing and washing facilities, I would like to add that I have nothing against him for being gay but would be interested to hear what others think about the situation.    

I would say frankly : That is your problem to deal with. 

As for the suggestion he uses separate changing areas - why not give him his own cup to drink out of as well. You could even make it a pink one so its easily identified - that way the other players wouldn't have to drink out of it. Jesus Christ.

Here we are in 2022, still knee deep in absolute dinosaurs. I thought they died millions of years ago - apparently not.

  • Like 6
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Honestly i am not equating a MAP with being gay. I obviously know the difference.  

The only similarity I can see with this is someone is being open with their preferred sexuality…

I am simply asking what would be the response if a footballer came out as openly being a MAP?

 

its an interesting question, for wider society but its inclusion in this topic you have to admit is a little dodgy and provocative. A sexual interest in minors clearly has nothing to do with hetro or homosexuality of consenting adults.

first time ive heard of the term MAP but I have heard of the condition before and do genuinely feel sorry for people who have these inclinations as they need help but to liken it to..

..actually do you know what its a stupid question and doesn't need a response. I tried.

Edited by Fjmcity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Honestly i am not equating a MAP with being gay. I obviously know the difference.  

The only similarity I can see with this is someone is being open with their preferred sexuality…

I am simply asking what would be the response if a footballer came out as openly being a MAP?

Being sexually attracted to children is pretty much universally accepted as morally repugnant, and acting upon it is illegal. Why would anybody celebrate that in any way, shape, or form?

It's not even in the same ballpark as being gay and is bizarre you'd even bring one up in a thread about the other.

In fact I'd go so far as to say it's harmful (whether deliberate on your part or not) as it's pervading the trope that people who are gay are also pedophiles, and continuing that ridiculous connection in some people's minds. 

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Honestly i am not equating a MAP with being gay. I obviously know the difference.  

The only similarity I can see with this is someone is being open with their preferred sexuality…

I am simply asking what would be the response if a footballer came out as openly being a MAP?

 

Well, I would assume that one important difference is that, if a gay man (or woman) took their preferred sexuality to a physical conclusion, it would be very much their own business, and rightly so, whereas if a MAP man or woman did likewise they would, quite rightly, be arrested. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Well, I would assume that one important difference is that, if a gay man (or woman) took their preferred sexuality to a physical conclusion, it would be very much their own business, and rightly so, whereas if a MAP man or woman did likewise they would, quite rightly, be arrested. 

Being gay is still illegal in many countries.

However in parts of USA & society being opening MAP is becoming more normalised. 

Just to clairufy to other replies jumping down my neck & putting words in my mouth. Im a not comparing a MAP to being gay. Or posting this as a “trolling post” I am maybe playing devils advocate, which seems to have triggered a few on here instead of replying in a mature & balcanced way. 

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Being gay is still illegal in many countries.

However in parts of USA & society being opening MAP is becoming more normalised. 

Just to clairufy to other replies jumping down my neck & putting words in my mouth. Im a not comparing a MAP to being gay. Or posting this as a “trolling post” I am maybe playing devils advocate, which seems to have triggered a few on here instead of replying in a mature & balcanced way. 

Nope you’re just being a ********

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, pillred said:

What is the general feeling about somebody who is gay i.e finds a member of there own sex physically attractive sharing showers and changing rooms? it's seems to be the Elephant in the room that nobody has yet discussed. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with it personally and am wondering what the players at the club feel about it and whether some might feel a little uncomfortable and ask that he uses separate changing and washing facilities, I would like to add that I have nothing against him for being gay but would be interested to hear what others think about the situation.    

I had this theoretical discussion with a mate 20 years ago. He absolutely refused to share a changing room with anyone who was gay. I asked why.

”Well they’ll be eyeing me up won’t they?”

Now my mate was no oil painting and confirmed that he was sure that not every girl fancied him, but seemed to be absolutely sure that he would be catnip for any gay man. I did try and tell him that, much like he didn’t fancy every woman, gay men didn’t fancy every bloke they saw (and even if they did fancy him could contain themselves in that environment) but he couldn’t accept it. In the slightest.

It was the most bizarre conversation I’ve ever had. 
 

So yeah, there may be some who are uncomfortable but I’d suggest it’s them who need to get over themselves.

  • Like 2
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

On occasion, I have even seen young ladies, still wearing only bikinis, eating ice creams and licking them in a way that, to my mind, can only be described as extremely lascivious.

 

So just to confirm, you'd not be happy sharing a changing room at the off chance a gay guy can find you attractive, but you're happy to watch women in bikinis eat ice creams and have those thoughts? 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

So just to confirm, you'd not be happy sharing a changing room at the off chance a gay guy can find you attractive, but you're happy to watch women in bikinis eat ice creams and have those thoughts? 

think you have misinterpreted his post

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just putting it out there to see what the response would be if a player came out as a MAP, without committing any illegal act.
Would being an open MAP also be classed as being brave & something we should celebrate, in the same way as coming out as gay?

 

45 minutes ago, pillred said:

What is the general feeling about somebody who is gay i.e finds a member of there own sex physically attractive sharing showers and changing rooms? it's seems to be the Elephant in the room that nobody has yet discussed. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with it personally and am wondering what the players at the club feel about it and whether some might feel a little uncomfortable and ask that he uses separate changing and washing facilities, I would like to add that I have nothing against him for being gay but would be interested to hear what others think about the situation.    

 

These two posts, right here are why having an out player is massively significant. 

I can't believe in 20 effing 22, someone is trying to link being gay with pedophilia. 

It is in itself homophobic and reportable. 

As for feeling uncomfortable with gay people, in the second post you may also want to check your own bias and have a think why that bothers you as chances are you've already had interaction with people who are gay. 

Gay promiscuity  as a trope is an other harmful stereotype and also considered homophobic 

https://theconversation.com/fifty-years-of-gay-rights-but-some-in-the-british-media-are-peddling-the-same-homophobia-81465

Today is IDAHOBIT 

https://may17.org/

Some may like to read around why that, and Jake coming out is important 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I don't know why you would mention that. Its irrelevant. 

Just as irrelevant as the initial comment, unfortunately they are being provocative for the sake of it. Even a talksport phone in wouldn't sink that low. Shame 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Being gay is still illegal in many countries.

However in parts of USA & society being opening MAP is becoming more normalised. 

Just to clairufy to other replies jumping down my neck & putting words in my mouth. Im a not comparing a MAP to being gay. Or posting this as a “trolling post” I am maybe playing devils advocate, which seems to have triggered a few on here instead of replying in a mature & balcanced way. 

Why did you just post it in this thread then if it's entirely disconnected?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, pillred said:

I knew this would get a reaction, again I will say I'm sure some of the players feel the same way but judging by the reaction my sincere question has raised it seems you can't dare say anything these days which is a shame. 

Don't hide behind that bullshit 'cancel culture' and 'no free speech' crap. You can say exactly what you want but be expected to back it up and explain it. 

The issue is on you, why does is bother you? 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...