IGNORED

England Women, Champions of Europe

phantom

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Lauren Hemp is driving me insane, every time she got the ball she checked back onto her left foot and then passed back inside to one of our centre backs. 

Said exactly the same in our house. I can't quite understand why we've got a natural left footer playing wide right. She checks inside every time, holds up breaks and loses possession. 

A very disjointed first half from England. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The turtle said:

Describing who is in possession and who is receiving a pass is my versión of hell. It's why in European commentaries they don't shut up for a second.

Tell me what i can't see, guide me to what i can't appreciate on TV , not what i can see and already know.

Fine if you know all the players, I don't. A bit of balance between stat overload and actual action helps. With mens football  I know enough that I'd generally and quite happily have no commentary, just crowd noise. Options would be good. I'm not so familiar with the women's game.

• Like 1

First game i have watched, after all the Jingoistic publicity i expected to be watching a much better England side........technically Spain are so superior.  England seem to have lots of spirit  and fight, but not much else.  I guess when you get to the last eight it is literally a different ball game?

12 minutes ago, maxjak said:

First game i have watched, after all the Jingoistic publicity i expected to be watching a much better England side........technically Spain are so superior.  England seem to have lots of spirit  and fight, but not much else.  I guess when you get to the last eight it is literally a different ball game?

Utterly. Norway were supposedly a good team but on the day, we’re woeful.

Just now, Leveller said:

Utterly. Norway were supposedly a good team but on the day, we’re woeful.

Were!

23 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Fine if you know all the players, I don't. A bit of balance between stat overload and actual action helps. With mens football  I know enough that I'd generally and quite happily have no commentary, just crowd noise. Options would be good. I'm not so familiar with the women's game.

I get what you are saying. A bit of name checking can help, that's for sure. 

But even with the man's game. That's a lot of countries and division to Have knowledge on.

Perhaps I'm slightly bias, plus a language thing. Honestly watching any game in Spanish is infuriating, every pass is spelt out every single one at times, when they tell me a cross gone too long for the millionth time, i want to punch my screen.

As for trying to do something while watching a game, forget it. The tone is full on drama, and it doesn't stop ,Passing it along the back 4 sounds like the greatest attack in history, and the ball has gone a metre.