IGNORED

England Women, Champions of Europe

phantom

5 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Semi-Final at 04.50 am tomorrow.

What a perfect time to get 2 weeks off with Covid - semi-final and hopefully the final on Monday morning.

I'll be coughing my support!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I must confess with Le Tour on this whole thing has bypassed me, but I'll be watching tonight. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SinéadB said:

I have a spare ticket to Germany vs France on Wednesday at MK if anyone wants it! Free to a good home

Seriously tempted as I'm local, but I'm not really fit to drive 20+ miles and then sit for 2 hours, shame. Good luck finding a taker (you should put up a separate thread).

11 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Seriously tempted as I'm local, but I'm not really fit to drive 20+ miles and then sit for 2 hours, shame. Good luck finding a taker (you should put up a separate thread).

As it happens, I bought three yesterday. Literally 5 min drive for me. Not been to an international semi final since ‘96…

£15 x 3 a bargain. Main challenge is with no real underdog who to support! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Semi-Final at 04.50 am tomorrow.

What a perfect time to get 2 weeks off with Covid - semi-final and hopefully the final on Monday morning.

I'll be coughing my support!

It's coughing home!

But seriously, I hope you get well soon!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Super said:

Any idea why this semi final is being played at Bramall Lane? 

Not that I can think of. The other final is at Stadium MK. Remember reading somewhere that did ask why the semis aren't at Wembley.

Have also seen this tweet from a women's football reporter who has said that many like her can't get accreditation as Bramall Lane is too small, or at least small compared to the press area for other larger venues which would typically host a game as big as a semi final

12 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Not that I can think of. The other final is at Stadium MK. Remember reading somewhere that did ask why the semis aren't at Wembley.

Have also seen this tweet from a women's football reporter who has said that many like her can't get accreditation as Bramall Lane is too small, or at least small compared to the press area for other larger venues which would typically host a game as big as a semi final

Scandalous. Priority should go to journalists (mostly women) who have been covering the women's game for years but no doubt some bandwagon jumpers are getting accreditation ahead of them.

• Admin
45 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Scandalous. Priority should go to journalists (mostly women) who have been covering the women's game for years but no doubt some bandwagon jumpers are getting accreditation ahead of them.

Difficult assumption to call without knowing the full facts 

I'd query why she hadn't sorted it out before today if she was that bothered? 

Perhaps she could look into why so many "sold out" England games had so many vacant seats? 

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

Difficult assumption to call without knowing the full facts 

I'd query why she hadn't sorted it out before today if she was that bothered? 

Perhaps she could look into why so many "sold out" England games had so many vacant seats? 

Uefa don't have a resale site and like many others I bought my tickets over a year ago. Luckily where I had spares I've managed to sell them on to friends mostly but this could definitely have been handled better. 

• Like 2

• Admin
38 minutes ago, SinéadB said:

Uefa don't have a resale site and like many others I bought my tickets over a year ago. Luckily where I had spares I've managed to sell them on to friends mostly but this could definitely have been handled better. 

Ditto 

Got my seats for Wembley ages ago 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Odd that it's white vs yellow. Normally you would expect one to change.

WBA and Everton switched to their second kits for the 1968 FA Cup Final, WBA played in white with red socks and Everton yellow shirts and socks with blue shorts. Although it didn't really matter as the vast majority watched it in black and white.

4 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

WBA and Everton switched to their second kits for the 1968 FA Cup Final, WBA played in white with red socks and Everton yellow shirts and socks with blue shorts. Although it didn't really matter as the vast majority watched it in black and white.

I was thinking of colour blind viewers

• Like 2