IGNORED

England Women, Champions of Europe

phantom

2 minutes ago, Midred said:

Puts some of our prima donna men to shame!

If you can have male prima donnas!

Why even go there? Celebrate this for the incredible achievement this is for the girls.

No need to draw lazy comparisons to the mens game. Both different & it’s a completely irrelevant point anyway. This doesn’t need to be used as a stick to beat the mens game/team with or to be used to degrade the womens game in anyway whatsoever.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

Fantastic. And I thought we had lost it going into extra time. Great last 10.

1 minute ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Is there a Jill Scott meme yet I swear she said cheating ***** lip, reading. 

I was about to post this:

Expecting to see some Jill Scott memes this evening. "**** off you ****ing *****"

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Fantastic. And I thought we had lost it going into extra time. Great last 10.

I was about to post this:

Expecting to see some Jill Scott memes this evening. "**** off you ****ing *****"

Yeah, and after all the pre-game build up: "it's not like the men's game" bollocks. The last 7 or 8 minutes keep-it-in-the-corner: not like the men's game ....

• Like 2

Well deserved victory! the game management after going 2-1 up was top drawer - something City l learn from. Winning tame free kicks, heading for the corner, taking an age over throw ins and set plays - the were brilliant at it.

The female commentator was getting on my nerves with her high pitched voice and feminist views.blah blah blah……………...:disapointed2se:

Well done the England women!

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

Why even go there? Celebrate this for the incredible achievement this is for the girls.

No need to draw lazy comparisons to the mens game. Both different & it’s a completely irrelevant point anyway. This doesn’t need to be used as a stick to beat the mens game/team with or to be used to degrade the womens game in anyway whatsoever.

Yeah for me this is the only thing that has been a small dampener on the tournament. The whole “56 years of hurt” while well intended doesn’t really work as there are people who don’t care about the woman’s game but love the mens game and vice versa. There was a reviewer on BBC this morning who said “they’ve done what the men can’t do” when at that point the achievements were parallel. I even saw a player from one of the England disability teams (which run fantastically) complaining that their achievements weren’t being recognised in the male/female comparison which while I know it wasn’t the intent, belittled the lionesses achievement.

There seems to have been a desire to compare this to the men. It’s not. It’s a fantastic achievement in the woman’s own right. Just as before Murray won Wimbledon nobody talked of Wade, this should stand alone. And they deserve it to.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah for me this is the only thing that has been a small dampener on the tournament. The whole “56 years of hurt” while well intended doesn’t really work as there are people who don’t care about the woman’s game but love the mens game and vice versa. There was a reviewer on BBC this morning who said “they’ve done what the men can’t do” when at that point the achievements were parallel. I even saw a player from one of the England disability teams (which run fantastically) complaining that their achievements weren’t being recognised in the male/female comparison which while I know it wasn’t the intent, belittled the lionesses achievement.

There seems to have been a desire to compare this to the men. It’s not. It’s a fantastic achievement in the woman’s own right. Just as before Murray won Wimbledon nobody talked of Wade, this should stand alone. And they deserve it to.

It seems comparisons are allowed when they're favourable to the women.

Don't dare try it when it's the other way round though.

Brilliant. Germany have never lost in a final before and they were coming on strong in extra time. We’ve seen England’s men crumble in situations like this in the past so it was great to see the Lionesses stay resilient and come back to win. Outstanding achievement. 

• Like 1