IGNORED

England Women, Champions of Europe

phantom

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well deserved victory! the game management after going 2-1 up was top drawer - something City l learn from. Winning tame free kicks, heading for the corner, taking an age over throw ins and set plays - the were brilliant at it.

The female commentator was getting on my nerves with her high pitched voice and feminist views.blah blah blah……………...:disapointed2se:

Well done the England women!

Important to remember that feminism means equality of the sexes. Not that women are superior.  I’m a feminist as I feel women are equal to men. Hopefully you are too. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Important to remember that feminism means equality of the sexes. Not that women are superior.  I’m a feminist as I feel women are equal to men. Hopefully you are too. 

I know what feminism is…………..….:cool2:

I don’t need it to be rammed down my throat tho. I have the same views on those who try to do the same with religion.

• Haha 2

And finally, we win a final. Extra time, but a win is a win. All credit to the players, the coaches, the trainers, the physios, all the crew. Especial credit to Sarina Weigman, who has managed the side and the tournament superbly. (I can't think we would have fared as well with Neville at the helm.)

As the game goes on the risks and rewards change and we got the first goal. However, the Germans did what German teams have done for generations and didn't give up. Either side could have made the crucial breakthrough in the final minutes but extra time it was. As the legs tired, gaps opened up and marking became fragmented on both sides. It then became a matter of who fatigued first, and the desire and determination the Lionesses showed today was the difference - a difference we had not really seen before. The short history of the WSL (and the previous leagues before that) have proved the work and effort put in to the women's game. Some people at the top may look back at their decisions and reflect.

Great scenes at Wembley, perhaps mirrored in other places. Fan parks at a women's game? You'd better believe it. We applaud the Lionesses and celebrate their historic achievment. :winner_third_h4h::englandflag:

Now football has finally Come Home. We need to make sure we keep it home.

• Like 4

Interesting to read back through this thread to read the negative comments about the lack of beer getting spilt in fan zones as if womens football could never be popular and this tournament didn’t matter, well you look small minded and stupid now.  
As a father of two daughters I hope this serves to inspire them especially but all football fans men or women, absolutely great.  I heard the atmosphere at the games, whilst different to mens game, was a breath of fresh air and certainly better for kids.  So glad we won’t see headlines about drunken middle aged blokes fighting in the streets!  Come on England!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

Loved the interviews with the players after the game.Honest,excited,spontaneous, passionate. Much different than the cautious, media trained male players. 

Loved it when the goal scorer ran off to sing “Sweet Caroline” with the team and took the mic with her ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This is exactly what I meant by my last post. Why? Just why? They’ve just reached the pinnacle of the sport they play in and the first reaction is to post how many of them are gay, and compare it to a team they don’t compete with.

It’s odd, belittling, and a bit shit

That’s one blokes reaction to be fair 

12 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

0A6011D1-82C9-4F4B-A7FC-847331500220.jpeg

for me the biggest takeaway from the tournament is changing views and attitudes on women's football, mine included, i think its come a huge way in a relatively short time and there was some genuine quality in England's attacking play which i haven't seen before this tournament. there were lots of young girls watching in the record crowd who will be keen to emulate what they have seen which can only be good for the future of the women's game.

Edited by Crackers Corner
  • Like 5

Watched it in the sports bar, really good, my daughter got a real kick out of it,, hopefully she gives football another go….

in the meantime, wtf happened with some meatheads giving stick to the lady in the german shirt and squaring up to her fella when he defended her…. Whoever chased them outside, you are a disgrace, and no doubt have really small balls,,.please never come back.