IGNORED

Who will reciprocate with Reading next season?

phantom

• Admin

Since 2016, we have championed Twenty’s Plenty. However, despite our best efforts, very few other clubs in the Championship have followed suit in their pricing strategy. That has resulted in our travelling fans routinely paying well in excess of £20 for the privilege of watching the Royals on the road, while opposing clubs’ travelling fans have all paid £20 or less to follow their team to the Select Car Leasing Stadium.

For clarity’s sake, clubs are only allowed to charge away fans the equivalent price that they charge their own supporters in a comparable section of their stadium. So by keeping matchday ticket prices so low at Reading, we have also been committed to keeping prices for visiting supporters at the same level.

In 2022-23, adult matchday ticket prices will, in some sections, be elevated slightly above the £20 mark – meaning we will now be permitted to set the equivalent price to away fans.

However, every Championship club will be given the opportunity to offer their fans £20 tickets when their team visits RG2…but only if they commit in advance to a reciprocal arrangement for our loyal away fans in the reverse fixture.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Since 2016, we have championed Twenty’s Plenty. However, despite our best efforts, very few other clubs in the Championship have followed suit in their pricing strategy. That has resulted in our travelling fans routinely paying well in excess of £20 for the privilege of watching the Royals on the road, while opposing clubs’ travelling fans have all paid £20 or less to follow their team to the Select Car Leasing Stadium.

For clarity’s sake, clubs are only allowed to charge away fans the equivalent price that they charge their own supporters in a comparable section of their stadium. So by keeping matchday ticket prices so low at Reading, we have also been committed to keeping prices for visiting supporters at the same level.

In 2022-23, adult matchday ticket prices will, in some sections, be elevated slightly above the £20 mark – meaning we will now be permitted to set the equivalent price to away fans.

However, every Championship club will be given the opportunity to offer their fans £20 tickets when their team visits RG2…but only if they commit in advance to a reciprocal arrangement for our loyal away fans in the reverse fixture.

For further clarity’s sake, are clubs only allowed to charge away fans the equivalent price (as stated) or should it read “clubs can charge no more than the equivalent price….”? 

I’d always assumed the latter, but not so sure now? 

11 hours ago, italian dave said:

For further clarity’s sake, are clubs only allowed to charge away fans the equivalent price (as stated) or should it read “clubs can charge no more than the equivalent price….”? 

I’d always assumed the latter, but not so sure now? 

That's actually a good point. 

I think the original rule was to stop Clubs over charging away fans, while keeping home tickets cheaper, which used to happen. Now it would actually be the other way round, the away ticket would be cheaper than the home equivalent . I think City could get around it as there isn't a real equivalent, the Ate is older, less leg room and power facilities than the South stand, but. As it is, our pricing won't stop the majority of away fans coming, and so there is no reason (apart from fairness) to encourage them to do so.
As we know City are quite money lead, which I understand to a point, so I would be surprised if we joined in TBH.