IGNORED

Billy Sharp Assaulted

26 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

after his team loss to Nottingham forest,WHY?

Please don't go down the road of your opinion of Billy Sharp.

If the EFL had any back bone it would tell Nottingham forest you have forfeited your place at Wembley

This could stop the pitch invasions that have been getting out of hand recently.

I always see similar suggested but it’d never work. You could just wear the kit of the other team and get them disqualified.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

after his team loss to Nottingham forest,WHY?

Please don't go down the road of your opinion of Billy Sharp.

If the EFL had any back bone it would tell Nottingham forest you have forfeited your place at Wembley

This could stop the pitch invasions that have been getting out of hand recently.

Don't be so silly. It is one idiot who will obviously be dealt with seriously, and wouldn't be surprised if he gets some time in prison. Disgusting, cowardly attack on someone who is just stood there.

Should the EFL relegate us or other clubs for some idiot throwing a flare on the pitch - which is illegal? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

One things for certain once identified and found guilty he will be doing porridge

Along with losing his job if he is employed by a company. Whatever possessed him to do such a thing (after actually winning), he will probably live to regret it. Will be named and shamed before lunchtime seeing as he has been arrested I expect.

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I always see similar suggested but it’d never work. You could just wear the kit of the other team and get them disqualified.

I know our police don't have the greatest reputation in the world, but a quick investigation into the bloke would uncover this in about 3 seconds!

9 minutes ago, TomF said:

ABH? 

Could even argue GBH given he's had a need for stitches, it was pre-meditated, and the alleged assault was directed at the head. Flip side, no weapon & very quick incident.

But yeah, I suspect a charge of ABH or a charge that is eventually pleaded down to an ABH, at least.

Guilty plea at the earliest opportunity, knock a third off any sentence, clear CCTV evidence (+ a witness or two) militates in favour of that.

Probably passes the custody threshold, even with an early guilty plea.

Edited by GlastonburyRed
  • Like 5

That could have ended far worse. A charging head butt...hit the right spot, could have killed him. 

Do we wait for someone to have life changing injuries or worse before something is done?

I'd make life bans for anyone who runs onto the pitch...you just don't know what some idiots are capable of. 

It's getting silly

• Like 6

F****** coward, this along with reported other attacks of players during pitch invasions could see them clamped down. Also noticed the forest fans throwing flares/smoke bombs around just anywhere when on the pitch, no regard for whether they hit another forest fan or not 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Billy Sharp Assaulted

Absolutely disgusting.

Behaviour such as this has nothing to do with the football club. Ultimately its what  can happen if you encourage any fan onto the pitch.

Don't agree that the club should be held responsible for the actions of one individual.

3 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Why should the club be punished for the moronic behaviour of one of its fans.

It is very difficult for stewards to stop a few thousand people running onto the pitch.

Could always go back to fences around the pitch! 

This is the sort of behaviour they were introduced for.

Why is the Pr*ck Ratio so high per 1000 football fans compared to all other sporting crowds?  It makes me embarrassed to be a football fan this sort of thing.  I keep pedalling the ‘it’s a small minority of fans’ which it is, but that small minority is huge compared to all other sports. 

1 minute ago, East Londoner said:

Hillsborough means that’ll never happen 

Wembley has this bungee cord type barrier around the whole of the pitch (they had it at the old wembley too) which makes it very difficult to climb on the pitch.  Not sure why other grounds don’t adopt it

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

You have to come down on the offender like a ton of bricks. Pitch invasions are becoming a bit too regular now, and things like this will happen. We dont want to go back to the days of barriers.

I think this will happen to be honest. There are no mitigating circumstances and whatever court deals with him will want to send a message to other idiots to deter them. 

1 hour ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Could even argue GBH given he's had a need for stitches, it was pre-meditated, and the alleged assault was directed at the head. Flip side, no weapon & very quick incident.

But yeah, I suspect a charge of ABH or a charge that is eventually pleaded down to an ABH, at least.

Guilty plea at the earliest opportunity, knock a third off any sentence, clear CCTV evidence (+ a witness or two) militates in favour of that.

Probably passes the custody threshold, even with an early guilty plea.

I’d bet my mortgage he’s going to prison. It’s nasty, it’s aggravated by football, it’s cowardly and premeditated. Defo going down the steps. 

• Like 9