IGNORED

Billy Sharp Assaulted

12 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Why is the Pr*ck Ratio so high per 1000 football fans compared to all other sporting crowds?  It makes me embarrassed to be a football fan this sort of thing.  I keep pedalling the ‘it’s a small minority of fans’ which it is, but that small minority is huge compared to all other sports. 

Yep. It is a minority, but it's a much more sizeable minority than a lot of people, including those in positions of influence, want to acknowledge. Last year's Euro final is a prime exampe.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Glass houses and all that. We've been here as a  club remember

Who and when was this?

If true, then what difference does it make anyway? ANY fan from ANY club hitting ANY player after running on the pitch (regardless of the situation), should get the full force of the law.

2 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Who and when was this?

If true, then what difference does it make anyway? ANY fan from ANY club hitting ANY player after running on the pitch (regardless of the situation), should get the full force of the law.

I think you will find Bristol Rovers were our opponents on that infamous day.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

That could have ended far worse. A charging head butt...hit the right spot, could have killed him. 

Do we wait for someone to have life changing injuries or worse before something is done?

I'd make life bans for anyone who runs onto the pitch...you just don't know what some idiots are capable of. 

It's getting silly

My thoughts exactly. The idiot in question hardly looks a small bloke either, as you said hit in the right place and he could have killed him.

Obviously with the Hillsborough incident even the talk of putting perimeter fencing back into English grounds is an emotive topic but I personally think it needs to be looked at. You only have to look to German grounds to see that perimeter fencing can be used in a safe way and it would without doubt stop the vast majority of fans making it onto the pitch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Why should the club be punished for the moronic behaviour of one of its fans.

It is very difficult for stewards to stop a few thousand people running onto the pitch.

Well technically all those on the pitch should face prosecution and a banning order

57 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Could always go back to fences around the pitch! 

This is the sort of behaviour they were introduced for.

When assessing risks perspective should be used. Football has a history to assess. 

How many people are injured due to pitch invasions?

How many people have been injured, or died due to fencing?  

33 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Strange post.  Most of the vitriol is for one fan, not all of their fans or Forest as a club. 

I think he means we have previous as a club in a fan attacking a player/coach,

Ie Ian Holloway getting punched many many moons ago

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I think he means we have previous as a club in a fan attacking a player/coach,

Ie Ian Holloway getting punched many many moons ago

Yeah I think so too. But I don’t understand the glass houses bit. Are we not allowed to pile into this fan just because we have had fans do it as well?

It's such a shame as seeing all the fans surrounding the pitch, then run on after a huge win is such a great feeling / spectacle. Really disappointing that some idiots continue to ruin things for everyone else.

Personally I'd be disappointed if it was just cut out completely - I think the club even use a vid of everyone on the pitch after our last promotion in the pre match reel.

If it can't be done sensibly and safely though I don't know what the answer is. It's not acceptable for anyone to get attacked or assaulted whoever they are.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 3

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Yeah I think so too. But I don’t understand the glass houses bit. Are we not allowed to pile into this fan just because we have had fans do it as well?

Not until he's been proven guilty......then we beat the living **** out of him.

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

It's a culture creeping back into Football sadly. Absolute muppets. Sadly we have a lot of them, bullies.

Sadly I agree with this, we seem to be heading back to the 70's

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

My thoughts exactly. The idiot in question hardly looks a small bloke either, as you said hit in the right place and he could have killed him.

Obviously with the Hillsborough incident even the talk of putting perimeter fencing back into English grounds is an emotive topic but I personally think it needs to be looked at. You only have to look to German grounds to see that perimeter fencing can be used in a safe way and it would without doubt stop the vast majority of fans making it onto the pitch.

It's a massive social issue, that needs to be addressed.

You only need to go into any City or town of an evening, and there are drunk, drugged up idiots looking to kick off or just intent on anti social behaviour. 

It's a minority...but it's a minority that will affect everyone when they eventually clamp down putting more rules and regulations in place.

It's a catch 22 when it comes to football. The club's want revenue from alcohol sales, and want to encourage an ' atmosphere'...fans singing and chanting. They allow fans to get drunk and do very little as far as I've seen from controlling drug taking. Yet they wonder why a few who can't control themselves start behaving like idiots.

Is it impossible not to have an atmosphere without drink and drugs involved? No one wants a sterile atmosphere...but....

You can't enter the ground drunk or drugged up...but it seems you can once inside.

It's a ridiculous situation.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

It's such a shame as seeing all the fans surrounding the pitch, then run on after a huge win is such a great feeling / spectacle. Really disappointing that some idiots continue to ruin things for everyone else.

Personally I'd be disappointed if it was just cut out completely - I think the club even use a vid of everyone on the pitch after our last promotion in the pre match reel.

If it can't be done sensibly and safely though I don't know what the answer is. It's not acceptable for anyone to get attacked or assaulted whoever they are.

The person responsible will be dealt with legally. Assaults on players are very rare. Fans celebrating on the pitch, or indulging in what are end of season traditions is not a rare occurence. We know fans will go on pitches, celebrations on pitches can be managed. 

Edited by Cowshed

If a total stranger came up to you on the street and did this it would be a VERY serious offence.

He has to be sent down, and I hope he really suffers for this cowardly and idiotic attack.

manual manipulator.

Also, this has totally tipped me. I know it's probably unfair, but I'd like to see Huddersfield win it now.

Edited by AppyDAZE

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The person responsible will be dealt with legally. Assaults on players are very rare. Fans celebrating on the pitch, or indulging in what are end of season traditions is not a rare occurence. We know fans will go on pitches, celebrations on pitches can be managed. 

Well it's obvious 'celebrations' on pitches can't be managed...some want to celebrate, others are just looking to make trouble. 

In a perfect world...yes it would be great...but it's not.

Plus...why should players have to deal with it? Why should they have to be surrounded by fans charging on? You either get fans celebrating or acting feral and trying to get kit and boots from players...or the opposition players insulted or worse. 

The public can't be left to their own devices, as there are just too many morons. 

Arrests and being dealt with, mean absolutely nothing to the person who's been assaulted. It's reactive punishment. The action should be pro active...don't let it happen in the first place. 

You can't expect stewards on minimum wage to stop some drunk/ drugged up lunatic doing whatever they like.

System is broken.

• Like 3

It's a massive social issue, that needs to be addressed.

You only need to go into any City or town of an evening, and there are drunk, drugged up idiots looking to kick off or just intent on anti social behaviour. 

It's a minority...but it's a minority that will affect everyone when they eventually clamp down putting more rules and regulations in place.

It's a catch 22 when it comes to football. The club's want revenue from alcohol sales, and want to encourage an ' atmosphere'...fans singing and chanting. They allow fans to get drunk and do very little as far as I've seen from controlling drug taking. Yet they wonder why a few who can't control themselves start behaving like idiots.

Is it impossible not to have an atmosphere without drink and drugs involved? No one wants a sterile atmosphere...but....

You can't enter the ground drunk or drugged up...but it seems you can once inside.

It's a ridiculous situation.

I think there's something in this. It is, a, societal problem, not just a football one, although sadly it manifests itself in our beloved sport (not in rugby it seems) and clubs must take some responsibility for what takes place in the confines of their ground. I know there are initiatives in place to tackle the rise in cocaine use at football grounds, but it remains to be seen how effective this will be. I don't know if it pent up frustrations but in football and in society as a whole there appears to have been a rise in violent disorder since we came out of the pandemic lockdown. 

• Like 1

Well it's obvious 'celebrations' on pitches can't be managed...some want to celebrate, others are just looking to make trouble. 

In a perfect world...yes it would be great...but it's not.

Plus...why should players have to deal with it? Why should they have to be surrounded by fans charging on? You either get fans celebrating or acting feral and trying to get kit and boots from players...or the opposition players insulted or worse. 

The public can't be left to their own devices, as there are just too many morons. 

Arrests and being dealt with, mean absolutely nothing to the person who's been assaulted. It's reactive punishment. The action should be pro active...don't let it happen in the first place. 

You can't expect stewards on minimum wage to stop some drunk/ drugged up lunatic doing whatever they like.

System is broken.

Because its not a perfect world we manage risks. Players in general do not have to deal with it. There are legal punishements that prevent offending = Most people do not act in a similar manner.

You don't get fans celebrating, or feral. Feral fans in hundreds .. It no longer happens in stadiums. Thats the past. There are now very small numbers of problematic supporters.  

There are risks to manage. That is the proactive. Assaults on players/Managers are a rare occurence. This assault, the assailant ran up the touch line to the dug outs. There is a control measure there. Safety officers and the Police know fans will come on the pitch, its inevitable, so a control measure could be funnelling fans away from the dug outs, tunnels, or further allow pitch celebrations after the players have left the pitch, and are in a area where risk can be better managed. 

The system is broken ... Uneven at best. Football came from  a dark place where pitched battles happened at stadiums were weekly events. Systems very much work.  

Edited by Cowshed

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Low IQ, Getting kicks off substances, think they're 'lads', Stone Island. Sadly it's not what I want to see when I go to the Football. It has definitely got worse since fans were allowed back in grounds than pre 2020.

"Geezers need excitement". It's part of a much wider societal problem, but it's too much of a rabbit hole to go down on a football forum.

Idiots will be idiots. I wouldn't want to see fences in front of stands personally.

6 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I read an article, can't remember where from, that it's coke usage fuelling fans now rather than booze. When i was young, coke use was no way prevalent - it seems it is now. Is that right?

Correct. It is a huge problem for young people, male and female. 

8 minutes ago, KegCity said:

"Geezers need excitement". It's part of a much wider societal problem, but it's too much of a rabbit hole to go down on a football forum.

Idiots will be idiots. I wouldn't want to see fences in front of stands personally.

Maybe we need tougher police at football grounds then, because there is clearly a lack of respect for others by these morons. They have no concept of the fact it isn't always all about them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Correct. It is a huge problem for young people, male and female. 

Maybe we need tougher police at football grounds then, because there is clearly a lack of respect for others by these morons. They have no concept of the fact it isn't always all about them

Need to deal with the actual cause of the problem though, rather than having extra police at grounds who will become targets of aggression and probably make things worse.