IGNORED

Billy Sharp Assaulted

4 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes , I would, absolutely 

No provocation, pre meditated , cowardly , and very high profile

( As for ‘low level offence’ , I’d be interested in your view if you were the victim - Sharps lucky he didn’t receive serious injury )

As for Orr & Brooker - An incident that very much had two sides , spontaneous , involved throwing of objects and disorderly conduct , with IIRC no significant injuries if any 

For me personally , The Forest fans offence far more serious 

Which is why the Forest fan got a longer sentence!

You can’t judge an incident on what might have happened - what happened happened and three to six months inside sounds like a reasonable punishment for it.  It appears that the judiciary agree with me!  ?

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

This would have been the perfect time to send out a very strong message at a time when incidents of bottle throwing, pitch invasions etc are on the rise.Admittedly his punishment will be more than just time served.

I don’t think it’s the job of the judiciary to impose especially long sentences to ‘send out a message’.  They follow sentencing guidelines.  In any case it should be the clubs who are responsible for keeping fans off the pitch, not the courts.

Not saying that this bloke shouldn't do time as I think he should but how does he get 5 months when this bloke escapes jail?

A worker who attacked a female colleague in an East Kilbride pub after a funeral has avoided jail.

Grant Rankin was instead ordered to pay his victim £1200 compensation.

He kicked gran Elizabeth Richardson repeatedly on the head as she lay helpless on the floor of Greenhills Bar.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Interesting discussion on Football Finance Pod this morning regarding fans deliberately goading opposition players in order to provoke a reaction and then film them…

What’s struck me with the current behaviour is about %75 of them are on their phones , trying to film themselves and take selfies , so they can post them on social media -  ‘look at me’ , instead of actually enjoying it

• Like 2

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

What’s struck me with the current behaviour is about %75 of them are on their phones , trying to film themselves and take selfies , so they can post them on social media -  ‘look at me’ , instead of actually enjoying it

I know, it's weird behaviour. I never take selfies

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Seems like the French are taking disorderly pitch invasions to a whole new level !

St Etienne fans after seeing their side relegated in the French promotion / relegation Play Off

https://youtu.be/DICdP7Mkj50

I was just about to post the same thing mate. It’s been bad in France post covid for some time but this is a whole new level of mental!

Billy Sharp used to annoy me with his over the top wind ups whenever he scored against us, but what you’ve got here is a great professional. About ten years ago, he lost his baby daughter, probably one of the most heartbreaking things that could happen to anybody. The following Saturday, he played… and scored !  He’s scored goals everywhere he’s been and fired his home town club to the Premier League. 

The fact that somebody could target him with a cowardly, unprovoked sneak attack is disgusting. 

• Like 1