IGNORED

Rangers v Frankfurt EL Final

Super

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

You’d be mistaken for thinking that this was a Rangers forum by reading this thread, not a Bristol City one. Well done Frankfurt! I don’t care about some far right team from a few hundred miles away.

Bang on and why do people have second teams?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Red Skin said:

Most of the Rangers Loyal supporters didn't even hang around to applaud their team collect their medals.  ?

In fairness I don't blame them. I didn't hang around to see Brighton and Hull celebrate!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

You’d be mistaken for thinking that this was a Rangers forum by reading this thread, not a Bristol City one. Well done Frankfurt! I don’t care about some far right team from a few hundred miles away.

What’s a far right team?

• Confused 1

Err, how far away is Frankfurt?

Anyway, well done to the German team. I've no love for Rangers* but sounds like they were a bit unlucky. 

*Or Celtic, for that matter, or any of that ridiculous religious bigotry rubbish that's associated with them.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

What’s a far right team?

You understand the political concepts of left and right, correct? Rangers have strong links to the nationalist far right. I have no time for them, or Celtic for that matter either. I have no idea why any Bristol City fans would care about them.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Far right ? There they are, making it about politics.

I don't follow Rangers, I just cannot stand Celtic and their hideous fans. Hard not to want Rangers to win in EL after the run they've had, been incredible 

32 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

You understand the political concepts of left and right, correct? Rangers have strong links to the nationalist far right. I have no time for them, or Celtic for that matter either. I have no idea why any Bristol City fans would care about them.

We have links to Communists, even though I despise them, are we a far left team?

• Confused 2

50 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I actually follow Ross County, fly up once a season, great weekend 

See, I'd support the Staggies - should they ever by some miracle play in Europe - but I'm with those who aren't much of a fan of either of the Old Firm, with their sectarianist fans. "Thick weedgies who never go to church, knocking shyte out of each other to prove their variety of Christianity is better" is how Renton in Trainspotting described it. 

I just park all that stuff and enjoy the match as a neutral. 

• Like 4

It’s frankly bizarre how these supposed Bristol City fans are getting all salty and defensive about a team who play in another league. Bringing up my unfortunate situation in Shanghai as well… pretty low blow that, considering how badly I’ve been struggling.

Keep it coming though, it’s making me enjoy their failure even more. 

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

It’s frankly bizarre how these supposed Bristol City fans are getting all salty and defensive about a team who play in another league. Bringing up my unfortunate situation in Shanghai as well… low blow that.

Careful or you will be called a troll and likened to Robbored, despite many people liking the post that provoked the slur!

29 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

It’s frankly bizarre how these supposed Bristol City fans are getting all salty and defensive about a team who play in another league. Bringing up my unfortunate situation in Shanghai as well… pretty low blow that, considering how badly I’ve been struggling.

Not at all. Most had a preferred team last night which happened to be Rangers. They may play somebody else and that might change. Some will want Liverpool to win next week and some will want RM. 

• Like 1

I find myself in a match where I have no real interest, either supporting the so called underdog, the (British) team, or if that fails having a bet on one of the teams. I always assumed that's what most people did to make the match at least mean something to you while you where watching it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

I’ve just been informed that Aaron Ramsey is on £400k per week. I guess if there’s any silver lining for Rangers, Juventus are paying it all.

Could have been worse, it could have been Frankfurt paying his wages!

• Haha 1

Errrr...Rangers are a Protestant club, with associations with Protestants in Ireland, as well (and Celtic are the Catholic equivalent).

Whether the likes of their politics is 'left' or 'right' is open to conjecture. 

Sure as hell the Rangers fans would not be happy being described as "Nationalist", the word used to describe the NI Catholic movement...

2 hours ago, Super said:

Not at all. Most had a preferred team last night which happened to be Rangers. They may play somebody else and that might change. Some will want Liverpool to win next week and some will want RM. 

"Most"? Evidence, please.

• Confused 1