IGNORED

Rangers v Frankfurt EL Final

Super

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL

There is a reason why we have a whole section dedicated to political discussions

Yes Sir,

Football, politics and religion all come in the same package in Glasgow and far more interesting than the majority of drivel posted on this forum, but hey, let’s guess the crowd for the first home match for next season ? 

• Robin 1

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL

There is a reason why we have a whole section dedicated to political discussions

Kind of hard given that it's Rangers.

PS what about the religious bit, where does that sit?

• Robin 1

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Errrr...Rangers are a Protestant club, with associations with Protestants in Ireland, as well (and Celtic are the Catholic equivalent).

Whether the likes of their politics is 'left' or 'right' is open to conjecture. 

Sure as hell the Rangers fans would not be happy being described as "Nationalist", the word used to describe the NI Catholic movement...

Oops, my apologies, I can see where I went wrong there and caused confusion .. by nationalist, I’m not talking about from an Irish perspective. They represent the Union Jack so I mean nationalist in the sense of the United Kingdom. A lot of people from England (like my dad) support them because they are seen as quintessentially “British” and represent the UK flag. 

I’d say that Rangers are the right wing side of the old firm as opposed to Celtic, who have always come across as somewhat anti-establishment and have their links with St Pauli and the Palestine struggle.

Edited by Wanderingred

58 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Oops, my apologies, I can see where I went wrong there and caused confusion .. by nationalist, I’m not talking about from an Irish perspective. They represent the Union Jack so I mean nationalist in the sense of the United Kingdom. A lot of people from England (like my dad) support them because they are seen as quintessentially “British” and represent the UK flag. 

Ah... that's "Unionist", rather than "Nationalist" ( in the early '90s at uni, I shared a house with a guy from NI. I learned the difference... quickly! ?

8 hours ago, 2015 said:

Far right ? There they are, making it about politics.

I don't follow Rangers, I just cannot stand Celtic and their hideous fans. Hard not to want Rangers to win in EL after the run they've had, been incredible 

Both teams have hideous fans. Or maybe just the ones from NI.