IGNORED

Footage of Oli McBurnie stamping on a Forest supporter

Wiltshire robin

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Are you seriously suggesting that a fan that has run on the pitch to celebrate his teams win should be stamped on by an opposition player? 

That's quite a world you'd be happy living in. 

I'm suggesting that if the fan had not been there, like the rules say he shouldn't, this topic wouldn't exist. I'm not condoning what McBurnie did in any way shape or form, but it wouldn't have happened had the fan followed the rules.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, swanker said:

Yeah, and someone pushed him in the back so he lost his balance. 

To be fair it's clear at the start of the clip that he was indeed pushed.

I'm not sure he can claim to have been trying to step over him, but it's not particularly clear whether he actually does land a stamp on him or just misses.

Also, somebody earlier was claiming it would be particularly nasty as he would have had football boots on. He was injured for this match and would have been just wearing trainers in all probability.

I don't think anything will come of it as it's really not as obvious as some seem to think it is.

• Like 2

I genuinely can't decide watching that several times if he a) stamped on him or b) even attempted it.  He comes into frame just as he looks down and then looked like he was trying to avoid it.  If his foot is coming down and then he looks down and sees the kid on the floor then there's very little time to process what's happening and avoid it.  Not seeing the few seconds before I don't think anyone can really tell whether a stamp or any intention to stamp happened.

He's not helped himself with his previous conduct, which is why, understandably, people are reaching their own conclusions.

Someone has slowed the video down in the replies, which makes it look less like an intentional stamp.  But again you can't see what has happened for McBurnie to be making that forward motion.  

If it was intentional, and I guess it would need additional footage to corroborate, then he needs to be punished severely.

Edited by Steve Watts
  • Like 1

I’ve no reason to defend him - but trial by Twitter/guilty until proven innocent by the peoples court etc…

I’ve watched the video a few times and what I see is a melee and McBurnie ‘hopping’ around. 

Now he could be stamping on him. 

Or perhaps - this little detail that hasn’t been mentioned yet - he was off balance because of the melee and the fact that he’s hobbling around in a brace with a foot injury….

4D50DEE6-3262-4749-BF5E-22DF3E42D2B0.jpeg

• Like 3

The situation here is obvious first fans were wrong and I have no doubt that the squad might of seen what happened to Sharpe and any reaction from that is going to be seen as defence.

I'm with the footballers in these situations the fans are in the wrong and I think going forward the EFL and EPL would be best to make the first 10 rows in all grounds as unavailable during these play off and last games of the season.

That would then stop this lunacy

Edited by Yoyo2345
  • Like 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I’ve no reason to defend him - but trial by Twitter/guilty until proven innocent by the peoples court etc…

I’ve watched the video a few times and what I see is a melee and McBurnie ‘hopping’ around. 

Now he could be stamping on him. 

Or perhaps - this little detail that hasn’t been mentioned yet - he was off balance because of the melee and the fact that he’s hobbling around in a brace with a foot injury….

4D50DEE6-3262-4749-BF5E-22DF3E42D2B0.jpeg

Isn't that a still from the video where McBurnie runs onto the pitch to join in a fracas between players?

46 minutes ago, phantom said:

Isn't that a still from the video where McBurnie runs onto the pitch to join in a fracas between players?

Heckingbottom shoves the ball into Johnson and most of the benches (including McBurnie limping on) get involved. 

Doesn’t mean he stamped on a fan later though, does it.

Edited by Alessandro

To be honest I actually have no problem with pitch invasions, providing the context.

If it's a promotion (especially a long awaited one) then I think it's the beauty of football to see jubilant scenes from supporters with their players. 
If it is a major cup triumph to reach a final for a smaller club, again no issue. 
Reaching a playoff final i'm a bit 50/50 with. Forest haven't reached Wembley since 1992 and this is the closest they've got to the top flight since 1999. I have no issues with their fans being jubilant on the pitch. It was an emotional game which they managed to win. It's just a natural human emotion to react with pure jubilation like they did.

The issues with pitch invasions are
-End of season mid table 'lets go out and make a tit of ourselves' types.
-Going onto a pitch to threaten and attack opposition players.
-Going over to the away fans to goad.
-Kids running on the pitch looking to get shirts off the players

I'm sorry you either have the beauty of seeing jubilant scenes or you just sterilise football even more and take the risk that you may have a minority of thugs out there to cause trouble, or you ruin it for everyone and ban it completely. 

As ever, context is key

• Like 8

14 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

Let’s not pretend we didn’t all run onto the pitch when we got promoted against Rotherham and when we beat Palace in the play offs ?

I didn't feel the need to go anywhere near the Rotherham / Palace players though.

Again, what McBurnie did is disgusting and there's little justification if any, but if you put yourself in a situation or location you shouldn't be in then you may get treated in a way you didn't expect

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Are you seriously suggesting that a fan that has run on the pitch to celebrate his teams win should be stamped on by an opposition player? 

That's quite a world you'd be happy living in. 

I think it should be investigated to see if the fan did anything to goad, or antagonise the player - however the player should receive full punishment because he's still behaved appalingly

• Like 1

6 hours ago, billywedlock said:

There was also an issue at the L2 play offs too. Clough is quoted very clearly as saying that there is an increasing issue of pitch invasion, and it is out of control and requires sorting. 

Furious Stags gaffer Clough said: "This is very concerning.

"It is very important that security is stepped up now at football matches.

"This has got to be dealt with and sorted out now. It is becoming a problem.

"Supporters are not allowed on to the pitch at any time.

"Only the 22 players and the officials should be on the pitch. So stay off it.

"Luckily none of my players have been injured, they are all fine.

But this sort of incident has got to be nipped in the bud now." 

He's absolutely right, and I say that as someone who was on the pitch at Rotherham (if I remember rightly our fans actually went over and clapped the away fans that day) and again at Palace.

Just look at the Billy Sharpe incident. Players and officials are put at massive risk during a pitch invasion and no matter what you think of a player you have no right to attack him (or her!)

The only way to ensure players are protected is to clamp down on pitch invasions - there's not enough security to do that though, so whether that means a return to fences, or distance between stands and pitch I'm not sure

• Admin
1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Heckingbottom shoves the ball into Johnson and most of the benches (including McBurnie limping on) get involved. 

Doesn’t mean he stamped on a fan later though, does it.

No but your line about limping around implied he was struggling to walk etc and limping

Previous footage of him racing onto the pitch dispelled this

4 hours ago, Yoyo2345 said:

The situation here is obvious first fans were wrong and I have no doubt that the squad might of seen what happened to Sharpe and any reaction from that is going to be seen as defence.

I'm with the footballers in these situations the fans are in the wrong and I think going forward the EFL and EPL would be best to make the first 10 rows in all grounds as unavailable during these play off and last games of the season.

Let’s make it the first 30 rows because 10 isn’t much to stop a whole ground oh and stop selling beer in the ground would be a start

4 hours ago, Yoyo2345 said:

Difficult one for the clubs financially. Would they be in favour of losing thousands of pounds for their biggest games of the seasons. What happens to fans who have a season ticket there, hundreds of fans cannot just be relocated elsewhere.

I understand something has to be done. Thankfully we are not yet discussing serious injury or worse. But I don't think removing 10 rows of seats all around the ground is the answer,  teams like Luton and Bournemouth would have no capacity left!?

I hate the idea of it but are we heading down the route of playoff matches being held at Wembley as well as the final. Or some other big, neutral, ground?

23 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What is your opinion on mcburnie,stamping on someone is a scumbag move on the street but with studs on is a whole different ball game,it’s basically a knuckle duster on your feet 

Could have been a lot worse if players were still allowed to wear blades.

The headbutt on Billy Sharp was unacceptable, unnecessary and a cowardly cheap shot.

The guy Biggs is going to have plenty of time to reflect on his stupidity while he's banged up and will probably regret the unprovoked attack. I suspect he's going to be looking over his shoulder for a long time.

5 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Could have been a lot worse if players were still allowed to wear blades.

The headbutt on Billy Sharp was unacceptable, unnecessary and a cowardly cheap shot.

The guy Biggs is going to have plenty of time to reflect on his stupidity while he's banged up and will probably regret the unprovoked attack. I suspect he's going to be looking over his shoulder for a long time.

Did you ever see what the Aston Villa Zulu’s  did to that Birmingham matey who attacked Grealish that time? 

image_normal.jpg

Excl: #sufc striker Oli McBurnie has been requested to attend a meeting with Nottinghamshire Police
after accusations that he stamped on a #nffc fan during pitch invasion.
If McBurnie doesn’t attend voluntarily he will be arrested. He’s professed his innocence on social media.

21 hours ago, Big C said:

Sharp attacked by someone who shouldn't have been on the pitch. McBurnie defending himself from someone who shouldn't have been on the pitch

There’s defending yourself and then there’s this! This is not defending yourself, this is trying to hurt someone!! 

30 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

image_normal.jpg

Excl: #sufc striker Oli McBurnie has been requested to attend a meeting with Nottinghamshire Police
after accusations that he stamped on a #nffc fan during pitch invasion.
If McBurnie doesn’t attend voluntarily he will be arrested. He’s professed his innocence on social media.

image.jpeg.40a28eb6da912cb4db3d2fa1b0617ed5.jpeg

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Let’s make it the first 30 rows because 10 isn’t much to stop a whole ground oh and stop selling beer in the ground would be a start

Won't make any difference most of these idiots are pissed before they get into the ground.