IGNORED

Football Fans and Alleged Cocaine Use

exAtyeoMax

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Shit looking jumper with some aldi symbol on the sleeve held on by button

Iceland actually... 

To be fair I've thought of getting one of these...  (Yes,  this is a real T Shirt you can buy)

image_a02a9982-2a52-4748-89e5-0f94117da754_940x.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Coke is so cut here, that people are returning to designer speed instead.

$400 for 1g of highly cut coke VS $200 for 1g of designer very pure amphetamine mixed with MDMA or fentanyl.

Seeing loads of it around.

And @WolfOfWestStreet is correct - these drugs increase alcohol tolerance.

The drugs on their own usually won't result in violence - but add 10 pints and it sure does. 

This still a thing?

In Australia coke, alcohol and watching sport are all pretty popular past times. Doing all three at the same time is not uncommon either. Despite this, there’s never any trouble at sporting events - and this is largely cultural.

Sporting rivalries tend to be friendly and there’s an unwritten, but widely accepted, societal rule of: “Don’t be a d**khead”. If anyone is a d**khead, they’ll very quickly be told to pull their heads in by the vast majority of those around them.

It’s not perfect but it generally works.

16 hours ago, TheReds said:

Isn't that how it is made though, with petrol and chemicals etc added to it. 

The petrol is added to the leaves in a barrel and helps separate the stuff which becomes the cocaine with the other bi products of the leaves, Gordon Ramsey (due to his brother being a drug addict) did a doc on it a few years back.  I would recommend anyone who takes coke watches how it’s made, how many people are involved making it and trafficking it and where their money eventually ends up.  

Unless the whole process of making it is regulated and it’s use legalised, everyone who takes coke has blood on their hands I’m afraid.

Gordon Ramsey Cocaine Doc

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

You are talking b******s 

%100

I promise you

I assume you are referring to the low life minions who run it around the streets

Behind those minions are layers and layers going upwards that accumulate wealth at a staggering rate .

And that wealth is used for even more serious crime like people trafficking, purchasing weapons and terrorism.  The uncomfortable truth that users of coke either don’t know about or don’t care about (which is worse) 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

And that wealth is used for even more serious crime like people trafficking, purchasing weapons and terrorism.  The uncomfortable truth that users of coke either don’t know about or don’t care about (which is worse) 

They should Legalise it then 

13 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Agreed, legalise, regulate, educate

How would you legalise and regulate it? Get in bed with the cartels? They don't care who dies or what misery it causes, and I'm guessing clean cocaine (if it's possible) would cost more to manufacture. I just don't see how it is possible, and a hard drug would never be legalised.

5 minutes ago, TheReds said:

How would you legalise and regulate it? Get in bed with the cartels? They don't care who dies or what misery it causes, and I'm guessing clean cocaine (if it's possible) would cost more to manufacture. I just don't see how it is possible, and a hard drug would never be legalised.

What’s the difference between cocaine and alcohol and fags? 

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Where there’s a will there’s a way!  The ‘war on drugs’ is completely lost here, we waste billions of tax payers money in a futile attempt to stop the drugs market and use.  As all coke is made in South America, every nation needs to work together to find a solution, otherwise we are all at the mercy of drug lords and the impact of what they do.

2 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Cigarettes is defo a good comparison because of where the raw material to make them comes from.

24 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Cigarettes surely cannot be comparable, as for starters they don't turn people into complete and utter bellends, thinking they are invincible, causing violence and harm to others. I don't think it turns that many people to crime to pay for their habit, or affect their ability to go to work and do their job.

As for alcohol, what percentage of alcohol drinkers are/get addicted? What percentage of cocaine users are/get addicted - and then lead to getting on to other drugs like heroin etc? I am only guessing here, but would suggest that alcohol is overall less harmful than cocaine in general, hence its classification. What does cocaine versus alcohol do to a persons mental health? Longterm health/mental health? How many people who drink alcohol commit crime to drink alcohol versus drugs?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Cigarettes surely cannot be comparable, as for starters they don't turn people into complete and utter bellends, thinking they are invincible, causing violence and harm to others. I don't think it turns that many people to crime to pay for their habit, or affect their ability to go to work and do their job.

As for alcohol, what percentage of alcohol drinkers are/get addicted? What percentage of cocaine users are/get addicted - and then lead to getting on to other drugs like heroin etc? I am only guessing here, but would suggest that alcohol is overall less harmful than cocaine in general, hence its classification. What does cocaine versus alcohol do to a persons mental health? Longterm health/mental health? How many people who drink alcohol commit crime to drink alcohol versus drugs?

How many people die from fags each year compared to cocaine? 
In regard to what your saying  i don’t necessarily disagree with you, however, cocaine is here to stay weather it’s legal or not.

In regards to alcohol, only times I’ve ever been in trouble has been down to too much to drink

Alcohol can make you sick, black out, lose your memory, aggressive 

9 minutes ago, Rob k said:

How many people die from fags each year compared to cocaine? 
In regard to what your saying  i don’t necessarily disagree with you, however, cocaine is here to stay weather it’s legal or not.

In regards to alcohol, only times I’ve ever been in trouble has been down to too much to drink

Alcohol can make you sick, black out, lose your memory, aggressive 

You asked what the difference is between cigarettes and cocaine. If you are talking solely deaths then I am guessing it will be significantly higher. But, if one had to be legal out of cocaine and cigarettes there would only be one that I would choose and it would be cigarettes. Happy to ban them though!

How many people would die from cocaine each year if it was legal?

As for alcohol, I was only asking questions about alcohol v cocaine. You can also add how many people (percentage) get aggressive whilst drinking v how many people get aggressive whilst on cocaine (and usually mixed with alcohol). I would hazard a guess a hell of a lot more cocaine users on a night out are more aggressive/invincible than alcohol drinkers. When you consider how many thousands of people are well behaved and enjoy themselves to the tiny majority who aren't.

Edited by TheReds
Add

17 hours ago, 2015 said:

I wouldn't be sure about that, most of the dealers are obscenely wealthy from the profit they make out of others' addiction and suffering. 

It is getting more and more common and popular among younger people and needs to be stopped somehow.

16 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

You are talking b******s 

%100

I promise you

I assume you are referring to the low life minions who run it around the streets

Behind those minions are layers and layers going upwards that accumulate wealth at a staggering rate .

One things for sure! If it got legalised and regulated, the drug dealers would disappear overnight!

And crime would massively reduce!

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

I'm pretty anti drug, and I agree with this,

If it were legal it could be managed correctly and the criminal element would disappear almost over night,

If alcohol was invented today….do you think it would be made legal?

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

One things for sure! If it got legalised and regulated, the drug dealers would disappear overnight!

Wouldn't be the case. They'd find something else illegal to sell. It's not just about the money, it's the power it gives these people and the status within their local 'hood'. 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I'm pretty anti drug, and I agree with this,

If it were legal it could be managed correctly and the criminal element would disappear almost over night,

Quite quickly you would see violence regularly on street corners and millions of desperate addicts in huge amounts of debt over it suddenly being seen as legal as crossing the road.

46 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Wouldn't be the case. They'd find something else illegal to sell. It's not just about the money, it's the power it gives these people and the status within their local 'hood'. 

Quite quickly you would see violence regularly on street corners and millions of desperate addicts in huge amounts of debt over it suddenly being seen as legal as crossing the road.

That's not true. What some people fail to wrap their heads around is that the buyers market is always going to be there regardless of whether a drug is legal or illegal. Look at prohibition in the US as an example of how ineffective outlawing drugs are. As others have said, it is very easy to access pretty much anything you want if you live in a city with minimal effort. If someone is going to become addicted and get into debt through drug addiction, the legality of the drug is irrelevant. If anything it's better to be in debt to the state or a regulated pharmaceutical company as at least someone isn't in physical danger. Legalisation wouldn't result in a wave of people getting addicted to heroin for example, because if you want to take heroin you're already taking it. As someone who would never touch it, I couldn't care less about the legality because I have no interest in taking it.

The article below is pretty informative. Like alcohol and other legal drugs, there is no perfect answer. Addicts will always be present in society, it's a sad part of human nature. In my view it's best to ensure that people are taking drugs safely and have proper support available to them to turn their lives around without worrying about stigma/criminal charges. Again, recreational users will be users regardless of legality, it makes sense to ensure they're consuming safely whilst generating some tax revenue to pay for the treatment of addicts.

https://transformdrugs.org/blog/drug-decriminalisation-in-portugal-setting-the-record-straight

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

How or why would it? Ever heard of anyone selling cheap cigarettes and/or tobacco?  Probably happening in every City in the UK.

What price would/should legalised cocaine be in your opinion? How would all the addicts be able to afford it legally? All that would happen is it would be smuggled in as it is now, and then they would undercut the legal price. To feed their habit crime will then increase and not decrease imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KegCity said:

With the greatest of respect to some people in this thread, it's pretty obvious who's got their opinions from tabloid newspapers and who's actually got a little bit of knowledge on the subject.

I get my information from people on the inside actually who see the worst of the worst of what goes on. 

Edited by 2015

21 hours ago, Red Ferret said:

There is no doubt that cocaine use among football fans (and society in general) is on the rise.

I was happier when ecstasy was the drug of choice in the 90s. The cocaine lifestyle is volatile, addictive, expensive and longterm pretty grim imo 

I find it amazing that the same people who express despair when they read about the latest teen gang stabbing still think its ok to indulge their guilty secret with a few lines or some whacky baccy "to take the edge off". If they stopped buying the stuff, the market would collapse and so would the gangs because when it comes down to it, its all about money.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KegCity said:

Cool. Doesn't mean the street would be awash with addicts if availability and ease of access to drugs stayed the same.

Cool. You keep peddling you University based nonsense, I'll stick to the reality of what happens. 

• Haha 1