IGNORED

Football Fans and Alleged Cocaine Use

exAtyeoMax

City fans at west brom fighting stewards and police because they were not allowed to go to the bar during a medical emergency was dire! Some of the idiots were totally off their heads!

Sniffer dogs on the concourse, targeted searches of suspect groups - yes please! 
Hopefully before someone gets badly hurt or families have to stop allowing youngsters to attend games!

On 20/05/2022 at 09:09, redsince1994 said:

Shame we can't convince everyone to get back on ecstasy/MDMA rather than coke. If they could even find the pitch for an invasion they'd just want to hug the opposition players, and make sure they weren't to upset about losing ?

I’m all for that ?

• Like 3

On 19/05/2022 at 13:07, Rich said:

Talk of cocaine use at football grounds and reference to police swabbing surfaces within Ashton gate. Yet no reference to what was found. Typical crap journalism. Surely the journalist should have enquired what if anything, was the result of the police forces swabbing investigation.

Typical Post click bait and, negative reference to Bristol City as the police operation was carried out at AG and the vicinity, even though Rovers were mentioned in the headline.

To be fair, I don't think they get paid enough to suffer swabbing all those portaloos at Rovers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alleged - ha!

As for 'middle-class', for sure coke is used by the chattering classes though is now mostly traded, as Operation Scorpion recently demonstrated, within working class communities, it being comparatively cheap (or does one now consider Hartcliffe to be middle class.....)

For those repeating the myth that legalisation is the way forward just look at dope and The States. Been to some dangerous places around the globe in my time but never been more scared than with family in the Humboldt region of Northern California where legal growers have been hijacked by major crime and murder is ubiquitous.

That said, such is the lack of journalism in The Evil these days they even repeat The Grauniad's inaccuracy that the Police may 'remove passports'. They can't, only Her Maj may so do though they can issue football banning orders & HMPO may place valid passports on a restricted list that prevents customs and operators from accepting them when attempting to travel.

16 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Alleged - ha!

As for 'middle-class', for sure coke is used by the chattering classes though is now mostly traded, as Operation Scorpion recently demonstrated, within working class communities, it being comparatively cheap (or does one now consider Hartcliffe to be middle class.....)

For those repeating the myth that legalisation is the way forward just look at dope and The States. Been to some dangerous places around the globe in my time but never been more scared than with family in the Humboldt region of Northern California where legal growers have been hijacked by major crime and murder is ubiquitous.

That said, such is the lack of journalism in The Evil these days they even repeat The Grauniad's inaccuracy that the Police may 'remove passports'. They can't, only Her Maj may so do though they can issue football banning orders & HMPO may place valid passports on a restricted list that prevents customs and operators from accepting them when attempting to travel.

That assumes that USA's free market approach is the only route to take though doesn't it? I don't know anyone in the UK advocating for that. 

Uruguay took a different approach that was possibly to far the other way in its restrictive approach, but would be a model I would lean to personally and is one that other countries in Europe are moving more towards. 

21 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

That assumes that USA's free market approach is the only route to take though doesn't it? I don't know anyone in the UK advocating for that. 

Uruguay took a different approach that was possibly to far the other way in its restrictive approach, but would be a model I would lean to personally and is one that other countries in Europe are moving more towards. 

I think The US follows Cal's licencing, it's not free market, there's a limited number of highly regulated growers who pay for their licences plus a taxed cut of that they sell. Many used to be ex-illegal growers who were encouraged to go legit. Simple fact is their standards and costs cannot compete with illegal growers who drive them out of business and lack of provenance for users isn't a problem on the open market. Market expansion has hugely increased demand which has served only to increase the profits of the illegal traders.

Like all drugs, including tobacco & alcohol if it hadn't already been legalised you'd never do so today given the costs to society.

46 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I think The US follows Cal's licencing, it's not free market, there's a limited number of highly regulated growers who pay for their licences plus a taxed cut of that they sell. Many used to be ex-illegal growers who were encouraged to go legit. Simple fact is their standards and costs cannot compete with illegal growers who drive them out of business and lack of provenance for users isn't a problem on the open market. Market expansion has hugely increased demand which has served only to increase the profits of the illegal traders.

Like all drugs, including tobacco & alcohol if it hadn't already been legalised you'd never do so today given the costs to society.

Yeah free market was probably an oversimplification, however there is a difference between their models (which are different from state to state) and others that are out there, how the products are sold, by who, produced, advertised, for profit etc. I volunteered within Transform Drug Policy Foundation  and I never heard anyone suggest that we should be moving towards a the models in the US it was usually the opposite.  It wasn't in any of their documentations on legal regulation blueprints at the time. 

This article addresses some of the pros and cons of regulation in America so far: https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hpb20210518.36548/full/

America's its own beast too with massive social problems playing out across the country. There approach to the drug war has been so extreme, and I am sure their approach to regulation will also have massive problems. It doesn't mean it would be the same here. 

Most drugs have existed long before they were illegal. They weren't solely made illegal on grounds of safety and evidence, but on ideology.

https://transformdrugs.org/blog/a-short-history-of-the-misuse-of-drugs-act

Alcohol and tobacco companies had a huge interest in seeing drug use cracked down upon and helped fund many anti drug campaigns.  They also wouldn't make Alcohol illegal now due to the cost to society and the increase in risk. 

I'm not as commited to this anymore to be honest but there are massive improvements we could make to society and individual health if we took different approaches. The government is already backtracking from their hard-line approach seen in the early 2010 due to it increasing deaths and inequality. 

Edited by Rebounder