IGNORED

Fences back

Society and the behaviour of ' do as I want' attitude was always going to escalate...because we have taken away discipline and consequences for actions. 

Parenting and school discipline has changed too far. 

Now we are living with the consequences.

Discipline and education starts in the home. Unfortunately that has eroded.

Too many now blame others...Schools/Government for their own behaviour.

If you can't self control, and think for yourself and need telling, you are becoming more like an animal.

It's only going to get worse.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Not sure that is true. Go back in time to the 1980's and football violence. Whilst what has happened in the last few days is clearly not good, we are a million miles from back then.

It seems we are in a bit of a post-pandemic period where people are going a bit mad with their new "freedoms". Blame Rovers anyway - they started it off with their pitch invasion.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Society and the behaviour of ' do as I want' attitude was always going to escalate...because we have taken away discipline and consequences for actions. 

If you can't self control, and think for yourself and need telling, you are becoming more like an animal.

Yeah because there was never any violence or pitch invasions 30+ years ago....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Not sure that is true. Go back in time to the 1980's and football violence. Whilst what has happened in the last few days is clearly not good, we are a million miles from back then.

It seems we are in a bit of a post-pandemic period where people are going a bit mad with their new "freedoms". Blame Rovers anyway - they started it off with their pitch invasion.

4 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Yeah because there was never any violence or pitch invasions 30+ years ago....

I never said there wasn't. However there was a period after, where it got better.

The violence back in the day was a reflection of the days we were living under at the time.

Anti social behaviour is far worse now throughout society in general, especially in this country compared with many in Europe. 

You think taking away discipline and consequences will make for better society? Seriously?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ciderhead433 said:

So season ticket holder don't invade the pitch 

Yes, of course they do, but you also have control over numbers, you know who has attended, etc.  With CCTV you can start to spot the offenders, etc. That’s the reasoning of progressive restrictions.

26 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I think you might have some rose tinted glasses on there fella.

Not from my experience having lived through it. 

8 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

No.

But I think people have been moaning about young peoples lack of discipline for millennia.

Of course they have...but we aren't just talking about young people anymore. The parents who grew up with no discipline or lesser consequences are just as bad.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, spudski said:

I never said there wasn't. However there was a period after, where it got better.

That was the kreck drugs, Spud. Back in the 90s, everyone was blissed up, loved up, and madferit = Deano/Bez. ie top human + nonstop dancing.

Now, all this cocaine + booze = Liam Gallagher. ie ********. 

2 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

Should player be abused? No of course not. But anyone say calling for fines and bans for fans, points deductions  and other punishments need to grow up or stay away from football. 

Fans have been doing pitch invasions for as long as I can remember, including ironically Swindon at the county ground against Port Vale 2012! Fans spend thousands of pounds and years of travelling up and down the country for very few moments like these, dont let a few isolated incidences and the media fool you into forcing an agenda to ruin rare moments like these for real fans. Sky sports were more than happy to jump on the bandwagon last night and shows how out of touch they really are.

Didn't City do it in 1990 vs Walsall, in 2007 vs Rotherham, in 2004 vs Hartlepool?? I'm sure many who are disgusted with the recent invasions have short memories.

Getting rid of it from happening will sanitise football even more. It's part of football, to see jubilant celebrations. Getting rid of the idiots is the key for me. It's context, if you are pitch invading for no reason, for a mid table finish then yes that shouldn't happen.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yes, but didn't City fans invade the AG pitch in 1990 vs Walsall? So maybe that 'do as I want' attitude has always been there..

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Of course they have...but we aren't just talking about young people anymore. The parents who grew up with no discipline or lesser consequences are just as bad.

You earlier said there was a period after the 90s where it got better. Now you are saying the parents of young people are just as bad?

Which is it?

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I think you are experiencing a bit of Nostalgia, which is quite common.

That's twice you've told me what I'm experiencing or thinking...? bit odd, as you don't know me. However...you are wrong in both instances. I wouldn't bother posting otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

That was the kreck drugs, Spud. Back in the 90s, everyone was blissed up, loved up, and madferit = Deano/Bez. ie top human + nonstop dancing.

Now, all this cocaine + booze = Liam Gallagher. ie ********. 

Indeed...if you relied on drugs I guess.

3 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

You earlier said there was a period after the 90s where it got better. Now you are saying the parents of young people are just as bad?

Which is it?

I've never mentioned ' young' people...you did. Discipline declined many years ago.

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Didn't City do it in 1990 vs Walsall, in 2007 vs Rotherham, in 2004 vs Hartlepool?? I'm sure many who are disgusted with the recent invasions have short memories.

Getting rid of it from happening will sanitise football even more. It's part of football, to see jubilant celebrations. Getting rid of the idiots is the key for me. It's context, if you are pitch invading for no reason, for a mid table finish then yes that shouldn't happen.

Its different these days a lot of these fans are either looking for opposition players or going straight to opposition fans. We can't risk somebody getting killed and opposition players put at risk. You have to stop it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

You’ll be blaming computer games next!  By parenting discipline do you mean hitting?   If yes then I think you are wrong 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

I've never mentioned ' young' people...you did. Discipline declined many years ago.

I didn't say you mentioned young people. I said the moans about young peoples lack of discipline goes back millennia. It's pretty obvious that a complaint about society's lack of discipline involves young people, unless you think people lose discipline after age 30.

When did discipline decline? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

As much as anyone who frequents the politics forum will know that I have no time for the bunch of charlatans in Downing Street, I think to make a link from their knobness to the current spate of pitch invasions/violence is a bit of a stretch.

A few weeks ago after the Bournemouth game the point was made that a load of city fans arrived late, coked up, stood at the front, didn’t watch the game and generally behaved like arseholes. They didn’t do that because our prime minister broke Covid rules, they did it because they’re arseholes. Just like the guy abusing Viera, just like the guy butting Sharp.

The question is, as arseholes gonna arsehole, how we stop them tarring the rest of us with the same brush.

(FWIW I think the invasions at Vale, Goodison, Forest and Rovers were totally understandable and sprung from joy/good natured in the main. It’d be awful to lose that spontaneous joy factor through these knobs)

Then show these knobs they will not be tolerated. And I repeat my self . Life bans and 10 years no parole 

12 minutes ago, Super said:

Its different these days a lot of these fans are either looking for opposition players or going straight to opposition fans. We can't risk somebody getting killed and opposition players put at risk. You have to stop it.

Fair enough, I wasn't around in 1990 to comment, but I just think it was something that was a 'thing' in Football a lot during the 70s, 80s and 90s. 

I don't think pitch invasions should be banned, can you imagine City finally reaching promotion to the top flight and us just having to stand there and clap our heroes? Sorry, just wouldn't happen would it. It would be pure jubilation on the ptich.

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

You’ll be blaming computer games next!  By parenting discipline do you mean hitting?   If yes then I think you are wrong 

No I don't...lot of presumption on this thread.

Hitting perse is wrong.

However...I am in the camp of a smack on the bottom to deter a child from hurting itself or others, if words won't work, or consequences don't work is ok.

Not hitting or beating. But a smack on the bottom with an explanation and hug.

That's my opinion...I'm not going to debate it as I won't change my mind. I grew up in that, and the deterent of a smack on the bum worked. 

I don't condone beating or abuse.

I witness more and more, parents trying to control children who are screaming, shouting, throwing absolute tantrums, trying to calm them with words...landing on deaf ears. Often the parents look embarrassed and at a loss as what to do...as words and consequences weren't working.

If you had a child continually running into the road without looking, and not listening to advice or reacting to consequences.........

3 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I didn't say you mentioned young people. I said the moans about young peoples lack of discipline goes back millennia. It's pretty obvious that a complaint about society's lack of discipline involves young people, unless you think people lose discipline after age 30.

When did discipline decline? 

Indeed...so it was you who mentioned ' young people'...you brought it up. I wasn't talking about young people perse...you changed the subject and incinuated by your reply that it was me.

It's been a gradual drip drip over generations.