IGNORED

New kits

weepywall

52 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Anybody else sometimes wonder if it would have been better if they’d just b******** off to the Super League and not come back?
Greed, greed, greed.

That’s what I was hoping for. Think it would be great for the game. In reality it might not be as perfect as I imagine but it certainly couldn’t be any worse. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, weepywall said:

Arsenal and Liverpool have announced new kits this morning, Liverpool's made by Nike have an adults for £114.99 and Arsenal's made by Adidas have one priced at £99.99 ?

Noticed the new England cricket one day shirt is for sale at £95 - crazy pricing

The Arsenal shirt is £70, with £5 of that going to community charities in North London. Pretty sure most Premier League clubs offer an "Authentic" shirt for £100 thats just there to con people out of money. Our kit is no longer on the website to purchase (new kit soon?) but was around £50-£55 if I remember rightly? A £15 increase for a considerably bigger club with probably a better quality shirt (all the Hummel stuff I've bought has felt pretty cheap) doesn't seem that crazy to me.

Sadly that's the way it is now. I'd rather spend the money on a retro shirt but each to their own.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

That’s what I was hoping for. Think it would be great for the game. In reality it might not be as perfect as I imagine but it certainly couldn’t be any worse. 

I was too….as long as it was alongside not allowing them to stay in our domestic league too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

To me, the more important point here is where the childrens kit price point is. I’ve not bought a replica shirt for years, and there’s something slightly disturbing about overweight middle aged men trying to squeeze themselves into replica kits.

Each to their own though!

Any post about kits will 100% get this reply. ?

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

To me, the more important point here is where the childrens kit price point is. I’ve not bought a replica shirt for years, and there’s something slightly disturbing about overweight middle aged men trying to squeeze themselves into replica kits.

On the Ricky Gervais Podcast World Cup episode, Karl Pilkington makes the point that they should make football shirts in larger sizes, if you are too fat you shouldn’t where one as they look terrible! 

4 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

If they were to keep the kits for 2 seasons that would be a decent gesture to the supporters. 

The only gesture involving 2 that those club's make towards fans involves fingers!

They'll make them that expensive because people will still pay it. It's a generational thing as much as anything I think. 

There's 11 years between me and my brother (36/25) and he wouldn't bat an eyelid at spending £60-£80 on a t-shirt.  All our first cars were 4th/5th hand, high mileage corsa's, clio's, fiesta's and mini's. All his mates first cars are A-Class's and 1-Series.

I know it makes me old, and I don't get it. But I'm glad I don't get it. £100 for a football shirt is madness.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

They'll make them that expensive because people will still pay it. It's a generational thing as much as anything I think. 

There's 11 years between me and my brother (36/25) and he wouldn't bat an eyelid at spending £60-£80 on a t-shirt.  All our first cars were 4th/5th hand, high mileage corsa's, clio's, fiesta's and mini's. All his mates first cars are A-Class's and 1-Series.

I know it makes me old, and I don't get it. But I'm glad I don't get it. £100 for a football shirt is madness.

The car thing is crazy, I guess for people in their 20’s still live at home as impossible to get on the housing ladder so spend their cash on a ridiculous finance arrangement to buy a car instead! 

42 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

A tweet displaying Newcastle's apparent third kit for 2022-23

?? Sounds like this is going to cause a storm.

How can it be an away shirt, they play in black and WHITE!! 

If that's legit, it has to be a training top surely? Also no sponsor so would point to this.

8 minutes ago, Taz said:

How can it be an away shirt, they play in black and WHITE!! 

If that's legit, it has to be a training top surely? Also no sponsor so would point to this.

The reason for these colours is because of the Saudi Arabia connection (sorry should have been clearer, I copied the pic from bbc website so its being reported there as genuine at least), point is when the new owners do things like this it becomes even more blatant how they have sold their soul for money. Not quite as bad as Vincent Tan changing the Cardiff home shirt colours and sticking malaysia as the sponsor but we are talking on that scale which isn't good, be interesting who the sponsor turns out to be and whether the saudi connection will be on that too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

On the Ricky Gervais Podcast World Cup episode, Karl Pilkington makes the point that they should make football shirts in larger sizes, if you are too fat you shouldn’t where one as they look terrible! 

You could the same about people who are sickly thin. On them the shirt looks like a marquee tent! 

4 hours ago, KegCity said:

The Arsenal shirt is £70, with £5 of that going to community charities in North London. Pretty sure most Premier League clubs offer an "Authentic" shirt for £100 thats just there to con people out of money. Our kit is no longer on the website to purchase (new kit soon?) but was around £50-£55 if I remember rightly? A £15 increase for a considerably bigger club with probably a better quality shirt (all the Hummel stuff I've bought has felt pretty cheap) doesn't seem that crazy to me.

Sadly that's the way it is now. I'd rather spend the money on a retro shirt but each to their own.

I don't mind the Hummel shirts myself. It's a football shirt after all for wearing to matches not for restaurant dining. At least it seems to make it to the shop on time, unlike when we had Adidas who only provided a pattern shirt with a stuck on sponsor and badge and didn't deliver some sizes until March. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, weepywall said:

Arsenal and Liverpool have announced new kits this morning, Liverpool's made by Nike have an adults for £114.99 and Arsenal's made by Adidas have one priced at £99.99 ?

"Ask them why they are booing" - Jurgen, I think an advance shirt price notification was leaked at the same time the national anthem was played.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don't mind the Hummel shirts myself. It's a football shirt after all for wearing to matches not for restaurant dining. At least it seems to make it to the shop on time, unlike when we had Adidas who only provided a pattern shirt with a stuck on sponsor and badge and didn't deliver some sizes until March. 

Adidas were awful you’re right, I’ve got some of the hummel tracksuit stuff and it just feels low quality. They’ve also got stupidly shallow pockets so when you sit down everything falls out of them :laugh:

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hey, I've lost three stone since March 2020.

19 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

You could the same about people who are sickly thin. On them the shirt looks like a marquee tent! 

Keep Crouchy out of this. Such a nice guy. :)