IGNORED

FBC Pod : Season 21/22 Review with Chris Honor

headhunter

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/2122-season-review-with-chris-honor/ 

Dave P is joined by former player and local media pundit Chris Honor along with regular contributor Neil [@ncnsbcfc] in looking back on the last campaign. Wasn't so bad really was it?

A generally positive chat which meandered on to talk of transfers in and out and the shape of the team in 22/23.

An "Ian Free" episode !  All views expressed are purely our own opinions - just saying!!

• Like 2

That was enjoyable.

Good to get Honor’s pro view on Chris Martin’s headers volume…that many come from throw-ins, something I’d mentioned from his Wyscout pitch maps.

Must take @NcnsBcfcto task re Massengo ?.  We actually agree that he’s more suited to a European style, but we do disagree on his levels! ?

Re Idehen at LB and digressing from the point slightly, although for City first team and Grimsby he has predominantly played as the left centre back, he has been playing right centre back for the u23s.  With 3 left footed CBs (Idehen, Towler and Wood) Duncan had been RCB, Towler LCB and Wood LB.

??????

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That was enjoyable.

Good to get Honor’s pro view on Chris Martin’s headers volume…that many come from throw-ins, something I’d mentioned from his Wyscout pitch maps.

Must take @NcnsBcfcto task re Massengo ?.  We actually agree that he’s more suited to a European style, but we do disagree on his levels! ?

Re Idehen at LB and digressing from the point slightly, although for City first team and Grimsby he has predominantly played as the left centre back, he has been playing right centre back for the u23s.  With 3 left footed CBs (Idehen, Towler and Wood) Duncan had been RCB, Towler LCB and Wood LB.

??????

The Massengo conundrum....

He's had 3 years, and we're still talking about potential.

Semenyeo, has had a similar amount of time; and we are seeing the development. I just don't see it in him unfortunately.

Also unfortunately for him, the best young talent to come through in a very long time has overtaken him in my opinion, and taken his spot moving forward (Scott).

All about opinions @Davefevs ???

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

He's had 3 years, and we're still talking about potential.

I didn’t mention potential!! ?

I think he’s a good player already, although he has some flaws too…but I don’t think he suits the way we currently play.  And that’s the crux of the issue imho.

It is all about opinions as you say.