IGNORED

Sacking the manager

Robbored

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So Burnley were wrong to sack Dyche………….:dunno:

I firmly believe has they stuck by him it would have been Leeds that’ll be playing us next season.

Despite everyone pointing out the clear upturn in form after his sacking? 
It’s just as likely if not more that they’d have already been buried before today’s games had he stayed and continued his form.

Similarly you could say Leeds were right to sack Bielsa?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Despite everyone pointing out the clear upturn in form after his sacking? 
It’s just as likely if not more that they’d have already been buried before today’s games had he stayed and continued his form.

That made no difference - they’ll be playing at AG next season.

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

So what’s your point? You identified two teams who sacked their manager, one stayed up at the expense of the other so does sacking work or not?

My point is that sacking a manager is the same as appointing one - it’s a gamble. Leeds got lucky and Burnley didn’t.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

So if you sack a manager it might or might not help? Insightful

That’s right - I’m surprised that you didn’t realise that………..:dunno:

How many times have we seen it happen? Appointing or sacking any manger is always a risk

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

How many times have we seen it happen? Appointing or sacking any manger is always a risk

Sacking a manager means you might stay up or you might go down, all clear then

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harrys said:

Sacking a manager means you might stay up or you might go down, all clear then

Yep……glad you understand that sacking or appointing any manger is always a gamble. It worked out for Leeds but not for Burnley.

34 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think everyone realises it might work or it might not… hardly rocket science.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Tomorrow it might rain.....or it might not

Perhaps I'll start a thread on it, as it's so fascinating?

If it helps you, it’s just started raining over here.

I should advise you, however, that it is already ‘tomorrow’ here, as we are an hour ahead of you, so this might skew your data.

I hope this helps.

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

So Burnley were wrong to sack Dyche………….:dunno:

I firmly believe has they stuck by him it would have been Leeds that’ll be playing us next season.

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

My point is that sacking a manager is the same as appointing one - it’s a gamble. Leeds got lucky and Burnley didn’t.

Clear as mud.

• Haha 1

On 20/05/2022 at 09:26, Robbored said:

Both Leeds and Burnley sacked their respective managers in an effort to avoid relegation from the PL but now one of them will joining us in the Championship next season.

It just shows that changing managers in a time of difficulty isn’t always the right decision and I firmly believe that had Burnley held on to Dyche that they wouldn’t  be in the precarious situation that they’re currently in. He was relegated first time around with them but bounced straight back up and there’s be no reason why he couldn’t have done the same if they’d gone down again.

The owners of both Burnley and Leeds obviously felt under immense pressure at the possibility of them losing PL status but the  in case of Leeds and Bielsa it’s more understandable with his poor command of English and if whispers are anything to go by his stubborn refusal to change tactics and style of play.

Personally I hope Leeds get relegated. 

Interesting. See as you wanted to sack a manager who had us in the top 6, in our first season up.

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

Interesting. See as you wanted to sack a manager who had us in the top 6, in our first season up.

I don’t remember calling for his sacking. However I do remember nearly falling asleep when watching his ‘style’………..:fastasleep:

I was delighted when he got himself sacked.

On 20/05/2022 at 13:04, Midred said:

It will be interesting to see how Manure get on next season. The team, one of the most expensive in the pl have seen off a manager and a caretaker manager this season. How managers does it take to get the same set of players to perform consistently? 

Man Utd's problem is not the manager, I think nearly everyone except Man Utd can see this, they need a jolly good clear out of players.  The players performed under Ole until they felt they needed to either put their feet up or needed a change.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Man Utd's problem is not the manager, I think nearly everyone except Man Utd can see this, they need a jolly good clear out of players.  The players performed under Ole until they felt they needed to either put their feet up or needed a change.

Absolutely. If the latest rumours are to be believed (dressing room divides and some players being referred to as a teachers pet) then it just shows how much that club stinks, inside out. Maybe if they had a few more teachers pets, you know, players who actually buy into the philosophy of a manager and not think they're above playing as a team, they might have done a fair bit better.

I really feel for the decent lads in that changing room. Just completely tarnished and ruined because of the actions of the rest of them.

19 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Man U have massive problems. A crappy stadium (falling apart) and owners who suck money out of the club. Combine that with a fan-base living 20 yrs ago, and overpaid players - its a basket case. Ten Haag is the latest in a long line of managers who will spunk more money up the wall. Ill give him 2 seasons.