IGNORED

RIP Tinners

Olé

Truly gutted to hear about Martin. Having lived in Australia for the past 24 years haven’t had the opportunity to see many people but in the few return visits always seem to bump into Martin at away games and we carried on where we last left it. Very fond memories of spending quality time with the London branch boys back in the late 80’s on away trips to the capital. You will be missed. RIP Martin. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

On 27/05/2022 at 09:59, Sean Henneberry said:

Hi Everyone.

Firstly I just want to introduce myself. I'm Sean Henneberry the brother of Martin, (Tinners) as he was often known. Although I read the forum I have never joined as a contributor until now. I have been overwhelmed by the sheer volume of tributes that have appeared both here and on other social media platforms. I would like to offer my sincere thanks to all of those who have payed Tinners such amazing tributes since hearing of his passing. I am truly humbled by the many kind and often touching stories about how he was such a valued friend and City stalwart. As you can imagine this has hit me and the family very hard and we are still trying to come to terms with it, however reading all of the love and kindness both from people who knew him well and even those who didn't has really helped me personally through this last difficult week. We were extremely close and shared many happy and not so happy occasions following the club we all love. He truly was  C.T.I.D to the core and will leave a huge gap in my life and those of many others. I suspect some of you on here know me already so I'm sure we'll meet up and drink a toast to my wonderful brother next season. Things will never be quite the same for me again but Martin's legacy remains and he'll always be there for me at the Gate and in so many other ways.

Love to All.

C.O.Y.R.

So sorry for your loss Sean. A lovely message and tribute. 

• Robin 2

Hi Everyone.

Firstly I just want to introduce myself. I'm Sean Henneberry the brother of Martin, (Tinners) as he was often known. Although I read the forum I have never joined as a contributor until now. I have been overwhelmed by the sheer volume of tributes that have appeared both here and on other social media platforms. I would like to offer my sincere thanks to all of those who have payed Tinners such amazing tributes since hearing of his passing. I am truly humbled by the many kind and often touching stories about how he was such a valued friend and City stalwart. As you can imagine this has hit me and the family very hard and we are still trying to come to terms with it, however reading all of the love and kindness both from people who knew him well and even those who didn't has really helped me personally through this last difficult week. We were extremely close and shared many happy and not so happy occasions following the club we all love. He truly was  C.T.I.D to the core and will leave a huge gap in my life and those of many others. I suspect some of you on here know me already so I'm sure we'll meet up and drink a toast to my wonderful brother next season. Things will never be quite the same for me again but Martin's legacy remains and he'll always be there for me at the Gate and in so many other ways.

Love to All.

C.O.Y.R.

Hi Sean, so sorry to hear about Martin and for you and your family's loss.  We have met a couple of times in the Orchard although it would be unfair of me to expect you to remember.

Would it be possible to let us know when/where the funeral is as I would like to pay my respects.

Many thanks

Jon

• Robin 1

One of the familiar friendly faces over the decades home and away, that you’d acknowledge as being another of those who had been there, done that and got the t-shirt.

Just seemed one of those people who you felt an instant bond with. 

Sad news indeed, but some delightful tributes. 

• Robin 1

To the best of my knowledge, I never had the pleasure of meeting 'Tinners' nor, more importantly it would seem, of spending time with him, but have thoroughly enjoyed reading the wonderful posts on here and the article in Bristol Live from people who had the fortune to know him.

It may have been mentioned on here, but was 'Tinners' a member of the forum? 

• Robin 1

Hi Everyone.

Love to All.

C.O.Y.R.

Hi Sean

Nick, Hannah and me are doing the “Walk a 100 miles in June” to stand up to cancer. We are going to do the Orchard to the Gate one Saturday (a route you and Martin have taken a few times) anyway if you fancy coming along it would be good to raise a glass in the Orchard first before we start off.

• Robin 2