IGNORED

Flint to leave Cardiff

Slippin cider

16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We got the best of him, no doubt about that.

Was about to post the same. Every move since, he hasn't seemed to really settle, or get the fans approval like he had here.

The thing is when he was here, we knew he had limitations in his defending, but the way we played, and the players we played alongside him, more than made up for those limits. The number of goals he scored also helped!!!

He'd do well in League 1, maybe a lower end Championship club would take a chance.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We got the best of him, no doubt about that.

Indeed. He was an example of a real success in the transfer market. We got him for a good price, got great performances from him, sold him at the precise right time for a great fee and replaced him with Webster. There’s lots of valid criticisms of our transfer policy in recent years but Flint is a great example of how things can be done. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, bris red said:

I’d imagine this will be the start of a rapid decline down the leagues for Flint..

Fair play to him though - his life now is a million miles away from when he was playing for Alfreton and working on the roads at night which wasn`t really all that long ago. His hard work has carved out a pretty good career for himself. I suppose it depends on whether he wants to go on being whacked by lower league cloggers week in week out or pack it in.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Fair play to him though - his life now is a million miles away from when he was playing for Alfreton and working on the roads at night which wasn`t really all that long ago. His hard work has carved out a pretty good career for himself. I suppose it depends on whether he wants to go on being whacked by lower league cloggers week in week out or pack it in.

Can see both him and Pack at FGR

1 minute ago, Wiltshire robin said:

According to Barton on radio Bristol the other night wallys gonna give them the same size budget as Sheffield Wednesday and other clubs at the top end of the league .

And may my Camels testicles fall off in anticipation of this happening. Anyway how can he spend this while languishing in Belmarsh ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bris red said:

I’d imagine this will be the start of a rapid decline down the leagues for Flint..

I think it a bit OTT to talk about a rapid decline down the leagues. He’s 32 so perhaps his Championship days are over but he could easily play for 2 or 3 more years at League 1 level. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Yet his ratings were pretty good this season ( I had to check as I never watch Cardiff ) . He probably has another contract before retirement . Would be fine in L1 . Wish him well he gave it all for us , and we made a huge profit . 

Reading the comments on Cardiff’s forum suggests he’s been ok / decent for them this season and overall in his time there 

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Absolutely mate - im certainly not knocking him. Provided he has been sensible with his dough he should be fairly set for life which as you said considering where he was not all that long ago playing for Alfreton you have to applaud him.

• Like 1