IGNORED

Flint to leave Cardiff

Slippin cider

One of my favorite city players of all time. I won't hear any slander otherwise. 

He said NO 

16 minutes ago, One Team said:

Flint was outstanding for us and pivotal in that Cotts double winning side but we definitely saw the best of him.

He would be a superb signing for a club in league one now though.

Please not the gas my heart couldn't take it 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

According to Barton on radio Bristol the other night wallys gonna give them the same size budget as Sheffield Wednesday and other clubs at the top end of the league .

Course they will ….

….unless they spend it all on cleaning the curtains again

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Fair play to him though - his life now is a million miles away from when he was playing for Alfreton and working on the roads at night which wasn`t really all that long ago. His hard work has carved out a pretty good career for himself. I suppose it depends on whether he wants to go on being whacked by lower league cloggers week in week out or pack it in.

I’d imagine he’d be the one doing the whacking ???.  If he does end up in Lg1 I’d expect him to be an astute signing.  Would not surprise me if he gets one last Championship gig.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. He was an example of a real success in the transfer market. We got him for a good price, got great performances from him, sold him at the precise right time for a great fee and replaced him with Webster. There’s lots of valid criticisms of our transfer policy in recent years but Flint is a great example of how things can be done. 

Spot on 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

According to Barton on radio Bristol the other night wallys gonna give them the same size budget as Sheffield Wednesday and other clubs at the top end of the league .

Now how the **** would the fake billionaire know what any other clubs budget would be?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

As they apparently hardly speak to each other these days, why would we want that animosity in the dressing room?

I thought they were best buds?

Edited by Mr X

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I thought they were best buds?

There's a whole thread on their bust up somewhere, from last year. Something to do with Flint's break up with Packs Sister in Law?

Heard similar gossip around here in Portishead too.

Edited by Port Said Red

17 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

will he get to spend it though it he gets sent down for "alledgedly" stamping on his Wife's Head! - the Gash will hero-worship him regardless despite every single one of their "loyal fans" that called for his head month after month

28 minutes ago, Red Cloud said:

will he get to spend it though it he gets sent down for "alledgedly" stamping on his Wife's Head! - the Gash will hero-worship him regardless despite every single one of their "loyal fans" that called for his head month after month

Agree with what you say but unfortunately we all know his status means he not getting sent down for what he’s done .

14 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Agree with what you say but unfortunately we all know his status means he not getting sent down for what he’s done .

Bradley Orr might have thought that as well and he went down for a month or so.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Bradley Orr might have thought that as well and he went down for a month or so.  

Orr had nowhere near the level of exposure Barton has had.Barton is  much bigger fish in many ways.

Edited by Slacker

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

There's a whole thread on their bust up somewhere, from last year. Something to do with Flint's break up with Packs Sister in Law?

Heard similar gossip around here in Portishead too.

Flint was engaged to Marlon Packs wife’s sister, they’d been together a while and he’d taken on her two children. He cheated on her with the actress Chanel Cresswell and they broke up.

21 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Flint was engaged to Marlon Packs wife’s sister, they’d been together a while and he’d taken on her two children. He cheated on her with the actress Chanel Cresswell and they broke up.

You have told us more here about football and football management (and possibly Bristol City) with these two lines than 5 years of hundreds of us blokes droning on about recruitment, how "he set the team up," ffbloodyp, substitutions, whether the manager is shouting enough from the technical area during games, tactics, Parsons Street, expected blinkin goals, "assists" etc blah etc.

Got anymore of this stuff?