IGNORED

What one rule change you would make in football?

kiwicolin

8 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Mine would be the throw ins . How many steps they take in throwing the ball back in. Never the correct place.  

Stealing yards at throw ins has gone on for a very long time and is mostly ignored. I'd abolish the offside law completely

Edited by Sweeneys Penalties
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, Pezo said:

When you say enforce it I don't believe it's a rule anymore.

So are you saying that a goalkeeper can collect the ball in their hands in the first minute and then hold onto it for the next  89

minutes? (See Laws of the Game and FA Rules 2021/22-  Law 12 Fouls and Misconduct.

Edited by Red Tel
additional sentence.

3 minutes ago, Red Tel said:

So are you saying that a goalkeeper can collect the ball in their hands in the first minute and then hold onto it for the next  89

minutes?

No, it's something like "at the referees discretion".

I'd like to see a massive simplification of VAR.

A 3 person VAR review panel get to re-watch an incident a maximum of three times. If the panel unanimously agree a decision was wrong, it's a clear and obvious error and the decision is changed. If the review panel cannot agree after there replays, it is not clear and obvious and the referee's decision stands. 

• Like 1

Fundamentally change penalties. If an infringement occurs where it was obviously going to stop a clear goal then give a ‘penalty goal’ and then no need to send a player off for committing an infringement unless it was dangerous. If there’s an infringement that was stopping a good chance of scoring then give a penalty.  If there’s an infringement in the box where a goal was unlikely then free kick in the box. Then you get no massive rewards for tiny infringements 

• Like 2

Any form of cheating, if caught, should be punished with the same severity that the potential offender would've recieved.

If you're rolling around like you've been shot, like the opposition player "endangering" you, aka a red card.. then send the diver off!

Can I have two?

Bring back the rule that allows refs to punish sides for not retreating 10 yards by moving the free kick forward. The way players rush twenty yards in order to stand in front of the ball and stop the free kick being taken really annoys me.

Don’t make injured players leave the field after treatment. More often than not it just disadvantages the side that’s been offended against. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

You have to remember that any rule change has be applied to the game, right down to parks level and youth football. How would your suggestion work lower than say League 1 level, where there are no academies ?

Is that true ?  I’m not sure it is.  Think they could bring that academy rule in if they wanted 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not sure on this. Guessing this is based on the fact the ball is only in play for around 60 minutes but

a) you could always just have 30 minute halves 

b) the ball might be out of play less if there is no gain from time wasting. 

Two 45min halves has worked quite well for 150 years

No real need to change it imo 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

You have to remember that any rule change has be applied to the game, right down to parks level and youth football. How would your suggestion work lower than say League 1 level, where there are no academies ?

Wasn’t really thinking that far ahead with it to be honest.

Just think it further improves the pathway for younger players.