IGNORED

What one rule change you would make in football?

kiwicolin

15 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Can I have two?

Bring back the rule that allows refs to punish sides for not retreating 10 yards by moving the free kick forward. The way players rush twenty yards in order to stand in front of the ball and stop the free kick being taken really annoys me.

Don’t make injured players leave the field after treatment. More often than not it just disadvantages the side that’s been offended against. 

Completely agree. One addition - I’d yellow card any player who deliberately touches the ball, before the game is restarted, after an infringement has been awarded against their team or a corner, goalkick or throw in has been awarded to their opposition. 

You can see that hate time-wasting!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

Mine would be the throw ins . How many steps they take in throwing the ball back in. Never the correct place.  

Not allowing players to dry the ball would be a good one

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

International managers MUST have been eligible to play for the county they are managing.

So you can never question a referees decision?........and international managers have to come from their country of origin?   Boy you sound like a lot of fun?                                  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I remember in the freight rover trophy or whatever it was called then . For one season they trialed any , player that mouthed off a free kick got moved up the pitch ten yards. It worked straight away , but the binned it. 

It`s a great idea and, as you say, seemed to work. One caveat though - the team taking the free kick don`t necessarily have to take advantage of the ref awarding it. I`m thinking of free kicks about ten yards outside the box where moving it closer makes it more difficult for players to get the ball `up and down`.

VAR decisions to be shown in real time on a screen visible to the spectators with video and sound and no decision to take longer than 30 seconds. If it takes longer than that then the decision is not clear and obvious either way, and the original decision stands. Either that or the referee views the incident pitch side and makes the decision for themselves, but again with the spectators being able to see the same thing as the referee. Openness and transparency of decision making in football - which means with FIFA in charge it’s got zero chance of ever happening!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s a great idea and, as you say, seemed to work. One caveat though - the team taking the free kick don`t necessarily have to take advantage of the ref awarding it. I`m thinking of free kicks about ten yards outside the box where moving it closer makes it more difficult for players to get the ball `up and down`.

Yeah true. Trouble is the games too far gone in that respect to drag it back. Can you imagine in the prem . A free kick is given 35 yards out against one of the so called big 4 , against Southampton for example . Player swears at the ref , free kick gets moved ten yards . Ward prowes steps up & buries the free kick , which decides the game. The sky studio would be in melt down . 
I’m arguing against my own idea here ??

• Haha 1

Ban goalkeepers playing the ball outside of their penalty box.  Free kick and yellow card if they do so.  How many times have we seen a good ball played down the channel, the last defender beaten for pace, only for the goalie to come racing out of his box to clear.

Edited by Malago

Have four linesmen so they can stand on the attacking side of the throw in which stops teams gaining yards and yards as they must throw the ball in the ‘correct’ side of the linesman. 

Agree - Ban the offside law - it was done in hockey many years ago and has not had a negative experience on the game - we want more goals don’t we - so this helps

At the end of each half the ref cannot blow the whistle until the ball is out of play - goal kick, throw in or corner. 

1.  I would copy rugby and have 10 minute head injury and blood substitutions. Any question of concussion or blood involved, off they come, sub on. Gives medics enough time to properly test if they're okay to continue and patch them up. Referee decides on blood subs, an independent doctor watching the game linked to VAR calls a Head Injury Assessment (Teams will cheat towards the end of the game).

Player will have to wait the full 10 even if given the okay  before coming back on.

2. If a sub isn't ready, the game carries on until the next break in play. Hate it when subs aren't ready and still need to put their shirt and shin pads on. WTAF.

3.  like to see one competition (maybe Carabao cup) limited to playing squads of 14 with up to 10 substitutions allowed (rotated). Would add a completely different angle to the game. 

• Like 2