IGNORED

Mbappe signs new contract

Monkeh

Gotta laugh at real Madrid, they miss out on both harland and mbappe,

And now the cherry on top, they are complaining that a player they don't own signing a new contract at the club he plays for is unfair and are filing a complaint to the French tax authorities 

Talk about being butt hurt ( Is that still a saying)

It serves Madrid right for continuing to push the super league bullshit

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Gotta laugh at real Madrid, they miss out on both harland and mbappe,

And now the cherry on top, they are complaining that a player they don't own signing a new contract at the club he plays for is unfair and are filing a complaint to the French tax authorities 

Talk about being butt hurt ( Is that still a saying)

It serves Madrid right for continuing to push the super league bullshit

The same super league that Liverpool who are adored on here wanted 

• Like 3

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

The same super league that Liverpool who are adored on here wanted 

Difference is Liverpool pulled out Madrid are still pressing forward with it, and Liverpool have absolutely nothing to do with this

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Difference is Liverpool pulled out Madrid are still pressing forward with it, and Liverpool have absolutely nothing to do with this

Behave they only pulled out because of the backlash and the fact that they earn billions from the premiership deal worldwide,if they were Spanish with their deal they would be carrying on as well 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s not weird it’s fact though 

But you could have mentioned Arsenal, Chelsea, United or City - or not mentioned another team at all as the topic is about Mbappe?

I don’t think Liverpool are “adored” on here. There’s a couple of posters who support them as a second team and some who appreciate they’re one of the best sides in the world at the minute and entertaining to watch

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

But you could have mentioned Arsenal, Chelsea, United or City - or not mentioned another team at all as the topic is about Mbappe?

I don’t think Liverpool are “adored” on here. There’s a couple of posters who support them as a second team and some who appreciate they’re one of the best sides in the world at the minute and entertaining to watch

I could of but I honestly haven’t seen anyone claiming the above clubs as their “second club”(whatever that is by the way) while seeing more than a couple having a Liverpool love in 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I could of but I honestly haven’t seen anyone claiming the above clubs as their “second club”(whatever that is by the way) while seeing more than a couple having a Liverpool love in 

But mbappe resigning you've still not answered whats that got to do with Liverpool?

Why didn't you mention harland signing for man City for example,

It seems as if you are obsessed or a disgruntled man United fan

• Flames 2

This is ******* hysterical, Madrid were reportedly spending £300m on Mbappes contract, La Liga had no problems with this. However, now he's staying at PSG they're crying unfair finance dealings and they're the victims, laughable..

"A statement from LaLiga on Saturday night read: "This type of agreement attacks the economic sustainability of European football, putting at risk hundreds of thousands of jobs and sporting integrity at risk - not only in European competitions, but also in domestic leagues.

"It is scandalous a club like PSG, which last season reported losses of more than €220m, after accumulating losses of more than €700m in prior seasons (while reporting sponsorship income at a doubtful valuation) with a cost of sports staff around €650m for this 2021-22 season, can face an agreement of these characteristics while those clubs that could accept the arrival of the player without seeing their wage bill compromised, are left without being able to sign him.

"For all of the above, LaLiga is going to file a complaint against PSG before UEFA, administrative and tax authorities in France and before the competent bodies of the European Union, to continue defending the economic ecosystem of European football and its sustainability.""

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

The obsession with Liverpool on here is weird, and I don’t mean those who “support” them.

The current Liverpool squad and team, along with Man City, are two very watchable football teams. Different tactics so very good football in different ways. I don't support them but I do enjoy watching them. I've followed City now for over seventy years; it's my club. Yet why should those of us who love the game not enjoy the quality of others.

A bit like admiring quality clothing yet shopping in Primark!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Thought I read earlier that he would be on something like £4m per month with a £100m signing on fee. Plus he has some control of various things going on at the club. Nothing like changing room harmony! COYR 

I don't know how someone becomes worth that, something is broken, how can a person that plays football be worth over 2000x what a person who saves lives is worth, although I guess the tax he pays on that at least pays for lot of nurses!

I just about get it with SL being a billionaire because he built a business that employs a lot of people and has created a lot of wealth for a lot of people but football is employment.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

This is ******* hysterical, Madrid were reportedly spending £300m on Mbappes contract, La Liga had no problems with this. However, now he's staying at PSG they're crying unfair finance dealings and they're the victims, laughable..

"A statement from LaLiga on Saturday night read: "This type of agreement attacks the economic sustainability of European football, putting at risk hundreds of thousands of jobs and sporting integrity at risk - not only in European competitions, but also in domestic leagues.

"It is scandalous a club like PSG, which last season reported losses of more than €220m, after accumulating losses of more than €700m in prior seasons (while reporting sponsorship income at a doubtful valuation) with a cost of sports staff around €650m for this 2021-22 season, can face an agreement of these characteristics while those clubs that could accept the arrival of the player without seeing their wage bill compromised, are left without being able to sign him.

"For all of the above, LaLiga is going to file a complaint against PSG before UEFA, administrative and tax authorities in France and before the competent bodies of the European Union, to continue defending the economic ecosystem of European football and its sustainability.""

Let’s not take the sun seriously when they reported the 300 million but now la liga who are deciding to make their league a bit fairer decided to come out and say that is a bit like letting a wild horse run lose and then trying to call it back

I think the whole Mbappe saga has been a hoot. Yes, PSG are spending ridiculous money to keep him. I personally think PSG are doing creative financing to avoid being fined. Real Madrid offered him ridiculous money, but he chose to stay. What I don't get is why the Spanish League are getting involved and throwing their toys out of the pram. If it had been any English team, the EPL, FA or Football League would've stayed out of it.

7 minutes ago, BritAbroad said:

I think the whole Mbappe saga has been a hoot. Yes, PSG are spending ridiculous money to keep him. I personally think PSG are doing creative financing to avoid being fined. Real Madrid offered him ridiculous money, but he chose to stay. What I don't get is why the Spanish League are getting involved and throwing their toys out of the pram. If it had been any English team, the EPL, FA or Football League would've stayed out of it.

I think it’s because it is suddenly dawning on the Spanish Fa/La Liga that their dominance on European football is starting to fall away and they can no longer attract the best in the game irrespective of how much € they can offer.

In years gone by Mbapee going to either Barca or Real would have been a formality but La Liga isn’t the chosen destination for the worlds elite players anymore IMO. 

First things first- I do not like Real Madrid- how can you, arrogant lot, from the President down, fans and their sky high expectations, entitlement- Ronaldo when he was there a good fit in that sense, the whole Franco thing in the dim and distant past.

However I do think La Liga might have a point here...wrong messenger in some ways but internally they have some rather strict financial regs these days! PSG, to 2021 perhaps yes within FFP, especially with rollup, to 2022- yes probably- but they go from profit to significant loss even factoring in Covid in the period ending 2023...who will they sell to comply- will they sell to comply? I wish La Liga some luck with this- this was an odd saga too, Mbappe seemed to be leant on or lobbied by Sarkozy and Macron, the Qatari state of course were rather keen on him staying...unsure how likely PSG are to be compliant with FFP moving into next season certainly.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

FFP.... Can anyone explain how PSG can get away with this?

The whole thing is a farce and is open to manipulation by the top teams.

Being owned  by Qatar might have something to do with it 

Good to see Real Madrid not getting their way. Not sure about recent times; but in the past they would agree terms with a player before even approaching the player’s club. No other club would get away with that.

Such was their arrogance that they believed the player’s club would always crumble, even if they didn’t want to sell, because “we are Real Madrid, and every player wants to play for us”.

• Like 1

This is why Real Madrid were desperate for the Super League. Both they and Barcelona are slowly losing out to the Premier League clubs and PSG. They cannot stomach seeing it either. 

It will always be why I want English sides to do well in Europe, because Real and Barca are so bitter, and yet they complain other clubs are run by entire Countries, do me a favour, they're fine ones to talk. It's a shame our 'big 6' were blindfolded by the offerings of the Super League though.

I hope Liverpool smash Real Madrid and that might upset a few of the Liverpool haters

• Like 1